Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

Don't forget about that time Gero took his own brain out and put it in a robot version of himself somehow.

Getting the brain out was the easy part ... the hard part was getting the brain out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Whens the Gohan Black arc?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Vonnie posted:

Whens the Gohan Blanco arc?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Gohan Blanco vs Goten Black

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

After the Shaggy verde/rojo arc

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ssj4 kefla

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
When you really think about it, the best team in DB history would be Future Trunks and 17. Both are really no bullshit types and any enemy that comes up would be dealt with in the quickest and most aggressively thorough fashion

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kashuno posted:

When you really think about it, the best team in DB history would be Future Trunks and 17. Both are really no bullshit types and any enemy that comes up would be dealt with in the quickest and most aggressively thorough fashion

Except for the part where Trunks would probably have a PTSD flashback and blow 17 the gently caress up if something got hectic in the middle of a fight.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

That team, like all things in Future Trunks' life, would be doomed to fail

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Frieza, 18, 17, Cell :colbert:

Jesus you edited that post like 3 times dude.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dexo posted:

Frieza, 18, 17, Cell :colbert:

Jesus you edited that post like 3 times dude.

That's what happens when you realize your post is dumb almost immediately

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Arale only vs all the other universes

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
she would one-shot jiren

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

eonwe posted:

Arale only vs all the other universes

That would be a massacre. What kind of monster are you?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
At least half of the tournament was gags. She'd end up losing to Dr. Rota.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

eonwe posted:

ssj4 kefla

eowne wants to see them furry titties

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Future Trunks killed future 17/18, I think he can handle them.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

seiferguy posted:

Future Trunks killed future 17/18, I think he can handle them.

They were explicitly weaker than the main timeline ones for some reason?

Which makes them killing future Gohan even funnier.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Brother Entropy posted:

eowne wants to see them furry titties

uh. ya

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Holy poo poo!

https://twitter.com/DAIROCKETTO/status/955675817333305344

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrSoOPQs4E4

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

sweet mercy the timeline is breaking again

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

FighterZ is the greatest piece of Dragon Ball media ever released

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i went and bought a PS4 controller just for this game

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

eonwe posted:

i went and bought a PS4 controller just for this game

lifehack: if you bought a ps4 you could've gotten a free ps4 controller with it

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

eonwe posted:

i went and bought a PS4 just to see Yamcha finally get revenge

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Dragon Ball Fighterz is too good for this sinful earth

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i can't believe gohan managed to copy half of his father's most powerful technique(the full nelson) after only seeing it once

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Yinlock posted:

i can't believe gohan managed to copy half of his father's most powerful technique(the full nelson) after only seeing it once

Saiyans, my friend. Saiyans.

Too bad he never copied the other half (except for videogames that love giving him his dad's signature Makankosappo).

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ArcSys should make a game out of all of my favourite series, particularly JoJo and Hunter x Hunter though.

FighterZ makes me wish I liked fighting games.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
ArcSys should continue making rad fighting games using Jump series until we have enough assets to make a good Jump VS game.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/DBReduxTDC/status/955695847106404354

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

You gotta wonder why they didn't put Dabura in Dragonball FighterZ when he's one of the better candidates for a roster space. Maybe as DLC later down the road?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Parrotine posted:

You gotta wonder why they didn't put Dabura in Dragonball FighterZ when he's one of the better candidates for a roster space. Maybe as DLC later down the road?

I'll give you the answer: no one cares about Dabura.

He wasn't in Xenoverse, a series where the most important villains are his sister and brother-in-law. He was added in Xenoverse 2 as DLC, so he has no role whatsoever in the plot.

If he wasn't in a game where his inclusion seems incredibly obvious, he won't be in a game with a far more limited roster and which is based around the Androids anyways.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ehhhh. Dabura doesn't have a ton of screentime (which matters more than you might think because a ton of other characters' normals are drawn really heavily from iconic frames of the manga/anime) and I don't know that his moveset would be that interesting.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
guys im not gonna lie i find the whole buu saga really boring

i think it was because the last major villain was also a villain who absorbed people and could regenerate endlessly too

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Buu was just like “hm what if a gag character was a super villain this is the end anyway”

So then he was. Part of why he’s relegated to the sidelines in Super

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
From what I have seen the plot of Fighters is dumb but the interactions between characters is on point. Especially Cell.

Makes me actually want this dumb game.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Managed to watch both DBS films and read the first 16 chapters of the manga in an afternoon.

It would've taken weeks to get the same plot from the anime. Anime sucks.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Dabura was a playable character in Super Butoden 3 :( that game only had 10 playable characters and 1 secret character.

Supreme Kai was too, but that's beside the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kashuno posted:

Buu was just like “hm what if a gag character was a super villain this is the end anyway”

So then he was. Part of why he’s relegated to the sidelines in Super

No, this would've meant the Buu Saga was good. The problem with the Buu Saga is that it, indeed, started like that, with the silly Fat Buu that was a completely different thing from Vegeta, Freeza and Cell, and it ended with Kid Buu that was also a really different thing simply by being a complete monster with no morality or intelligence, closer to a force of nature than an actually evil being.

The problem was that, in the middle of those, we got Super Buu, the exact same poo poo we had for every previous arc, but with all of Toriyama's burnout on top of it. Super Buu was an incredibly boring villain and I'm genuinely not surprised FighterZ skips him and gives all that would be normally his to Kid Buu.

Steve2911 posted:

Managed to watch both DBS films and read the first 16 chapters of the manga in an afternoon.

It would've taken weeks to get the same plot from the anime. Anime sucks.

Undeniably, that's the fastest way to get through, but the important thing is not the destination, it's the journey. BoG is the best way to get through that arc (Resurrection "F" is more debatable) but the manga is the lesser version, it's "faster" only because you can binge-read it since it has terrible pacing problems regardless and it's written much worse.