Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

an actual dog posted:

They're flipping off the building and the twitter account, not the service workers. It seems pretty pure.

It means 'peace among worlds'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

AnoHito posted:

It means 'peace among worlds'

Where was that from? I know I've seen whatever that is but I can't remember what.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

ViggyNash posted:

Where was that from? I know I've seen whatever that is but I can't remember what.

...Rick and Morty?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The dub is....good?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

please only discuss good cartoons in this thread, such as a pup named scooby doo.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

GOD IT'S ALREADY SO GOOD

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Why did you ever think it could be anything but?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

please only discuss good cartoons in this thread, such as a pup named scooby doo.

drown in your ideals and die

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
ian sinclair continues to be my favorite dub voice actor and he killed it in pop team epic

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its out already
where
-nevermind-

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jan 23, 2018

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gonna need some deets on the dub.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ian Sinclair and Chris Sabat first half, and Colleen Clinkenbeard and Justin Briner in the second half.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

drat so far the dub is pretty loving good. i cant believe I'm watching the same show 4 times in the same season

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

If we're talking dream VA pairs, Takehito Koyasu and Daisuke Ono would gently caress me up something fierce.

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

I usually don't watch dubs, but it's good.

Goddamn do I love this gloriously stupid show.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I don't suppose Crunch gets this dub?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The arrangement is that Crunchyroll subs, Funi dubs. I have VRV, which is only a couple dollars more per month than Crunchyroll and includes full Crunchy premium as well as access to a vast majority of Funi's library, including Simuldubs.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

:pray: David Hayter and Stephen Russell using their Snake and Garrett voices respectively

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Also kind of wish they advertised Jennifer Hale and Brina Palencia but never end up actually using them

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm pretty sure that would be illegal, especially considering that Jennifer Hale does not work with Funimation.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Mark Hamill when?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm pretty sure that would be illegal, especially considering that Jennifer Hale does not work with Funimation.

this was sort of what I was worried about with the "the VA jokes are gonna be hard as gently caress to translate" bit. the vast majority of English VAs who are in any way iconic or recognizable do not work for Funi. it would be awesome if they got Steve Blum and Peter Cullen and Jennifer Hale and Frank Welker and other people who everyone recognizes, but none of those people do regular work for Funi (I think Blum is the only one who does anything for them at all) so they're completely off the table by default.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Waffleman_ posted:

The arrangement is that Crunchyroll subs, Funi dubs. I have VRV, which is only a couple dollars more per month than Crunchyroll and includes full Crunchy premium as well as access to a vast majority of Funi's library, including Simuldubs.

Hidive also has subs(and from what I've seen a different one from what Crunchyroll has)

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
yeah, PTE's licensing situation is... bizarre (basically, it's a non-exclusive license, so everyone can license it and everyone is). CR and Hidive both have completely different translations, the former done by CR's usual people and the latter done by Sentai (I believe), and then Funi's doing a dub on top of that. I have absolutely no clue who's releasing it on DVD/BD, and it wouldn't shock me to find out that Funi and Sentai are both doing physical releases of it, which would mean that we have not one or two, but loving three official sub tracks for PTE (since Funi does their own subs for physical releases).

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Why did you ever think it could be anything but?

Because dubs are typically trash

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Namtab posted:

Because dubs are typically trash

Nah.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

this was sort of what I was worried about with the "the VA jokes are gonna be hard as gently caress to translate" bit. the vast majority of English VAs who are in any way iconic or recognizable do not work for Funi. it would be awesome if they got Steve Blum and Peter Cullen and Jennifer Hale and Frank Welker and other people who everyone recognizes, but none of those people do regular work for Funi (I think Blum is the only one who does anything for them at all) so they're completely off the table by default.

It's not necessarily a matter of working with Funi though, as Funi HAS dipped outside the Texas pool into Bang Zoom in California. It's really a matter of unions. Just about every big name voice actor is union and anime dubbing is typically non-union work, so there's a huge divide there.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm a scholar and its true I'm afraid

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Namtab posted:

I'm a scholar and its true I'm afraid

Your fear deceives you.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

https://twitter.com/Nittomata/status/955591336450666496

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Pop Team Epic gachapon goodies appear

https://twitter.com/KAYiDesign/status/956375950182109184

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/eulow38rci38xdd/status/956333832365473792

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

pop team epic, bringing fine art to more food items than lattes and layer cakes

Anime Schoolgirl fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jan 25, 2018

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

:vince:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Peak anime reached

https://twitter.com/taka_oka000/status/956126604475883520

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I need this made into an avatar. Winner gets a get out of probations free card.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
https://twitter.com/EatWorkSleepDie/status/956617538984710145

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I need this made into an avatar. Winner gets a get out of probations free card.

heres a sloppy cutout

Only registered members can see post attachments!