Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Raserys posted:

Ganondorf volleyball

Lol Frieza and Toppo locked in a game of dead man's volley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Dragon Ball RPG in the style of that old one that spanned Saiyan Saga to Freiza, and good play meant you had poo poo like Tien and Yamcha alive with you on Namek

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Better yet-they use the Attack of the Saiyans engine.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Black August posted:

Dragon Ball RPG in the style of that old one that spanned Saiyan Saga to Freiza, and good play meant you had poo poo like Tien and Yamcha alive with you on Namek

Vegeta being so stubborn and disobedient that he violated the game's own mechanics is the most IC Geets has ever been in a game.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
That game had some crazy great stuff in it. I remember now, Vegeta'd just randomly refuse to attack things and throw tantrums, but you had to get him levelled up pretty high if you wanted the secret bonus ending/fight.
Also you could just force Piccolo to fuse with a bunch of Namekians, including Dende. And I think my absolute favorite is having Ginyu steal Chaotzu's body and then taking and keeping your new ChaotzuInGinyu's body party member.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/956544525803012096

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
This 17/Frieza team-up has potential.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

HGH posted:

That game had some crazy great stuff in it. I remember now, Vegeta'd just randomly refuse to attack things and throw tantrums, but you had to get him levelled up pretty high if you wanted the secret bonus ending/fight.
Also you could just force Piccolo to fuse with a bunch of Namekians, including Dende. And I think my absolute favorite is having Ginyu steal Chaotzu's body and then taking and keeping your new ChaotzuInGinyu's body party member.

Can't you even hijack Frieza's body with a Ginyu'd up party member?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Justin_Brett posted:

This 17/Frieza team-up has potential.

Judging by that spoiler not that much potential

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

The Bee posted:

Can't you even hijack Frieza's body with a Ginyu'd up party member?

I don't remember that much, but I do recall the body switch can be used in ways never intended and end up with glitched up party members/portraits on your side.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/VoiceOfVegeta/status/956411331279663104

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Mistake

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

He should let Sean fully power up at the start of the match so he can beat him at his strongest

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

HGH posted:

If Goku's health got below 5 and he was healed up, he would gain a level through a zenkai boost. It basically meant you could cheese the game early on and get Goku a poo poo ton of levels fighting Radditz.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder what his team with be? Vegeta, Piccolo, and Yamcha?

Sean's team with obviously be Goku, Goku Blue, and Goku Black.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

"Ah, yes, I see it now."
:allears: that delivery.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Oh my God I love the way Freeza just goes "...Frog-like? What does that have to do with anyth-oh. Yeah, right."

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011

Rhonne posted:

I wonder what his team with be? Vegeta, Piccolo, and Yamcha?

Sean's team with obviously be Goku, Goku Blue, and Goku Black.

Vegeta, Vegeta Blue, and Trunks.

Goku, Goku Blue, and a Gohan.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Rhonne posted:

I wish there was a gag in Super where Freeza meets Trunks and doesn't recognize him because Trunks had purple hair when he killed him.

there's something like that in fighterz with gotenks(he assumes gotenks is trunks' son or something like that)

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jan 25, 2018

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
He's suspicious though, being all, "I can't put my finger on it, but you're related to that OTHER one somehow!"

And Gotenks just completely denying having any idea what or who he's talking about.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That was done before in Shin Budokai, when Freeza meets present Trunks and Goten, he thinks they're the sons of Future Trunks and Goku. The former corrects him.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Every galactic tyrant needs a consort.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

looks like I've got some fanfic to write

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am absolutely okay with this.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Also
I keep expecting TFS cell because their characterization is perfect, and the voice is so damned close.

I keep asking why he isnt constantly making condescending jokes and dropping to menacing threats and gloating about perfection more than just sometimes.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Is Freiza so used to insubordination and defiant idiots that any sign of immediate power recognition and praise has him genuinely warming up

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Black August posted:

Is Freiza so used to insubordination and defiant idiots that any sign of immediate power recognition and praise has him genuinely warming up
He's a baseball fan.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Nessus posted:

He's a baseball fan.

gently caress you for making me internalize the idea that Freiza hunches over a juryrigged monitor to gloat with a box of space wine while watching earth baseball broadcasts when nobody is looking

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Black August posted:

gently caress you for making me internalize the idea that Freiza hunches over a juryrigged monitor to gloat with a box of space wine while watching earth baseball broadcasts when nobody is looking
Why do you think he left Earf alone so long? There's plenty of other planets out there after all, at least until Beerus wakes up.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Putting skits in a dragon ball game is the best idea anyone has ever had

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Arcsys knew exactly what the hell they were doing with invasive surgical precision

Imagine alone the sound of how many hands slammed down a $100 bill the second they saw the Yamcha Revenge clip

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Black August posted:

Arcsys knew exactly what the hell they were doing with invasive surgical precision

Imagine alone the sound of how many hands slammed down a $100 bill the second they saw the Yamcha Revenge clip

That one clip singlehandedly justified Yamcha and Nappa's inclusion in the game even if they didn't look fun as hell to play.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Its kind of insane how bad the animation is for those skits considering how amazing the fight stuff is.

Like holy poo poo those are 90's CGI puppet level bad in terms of movement.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

game of the loving year

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Someone put this in the OP.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zore posted:

Its kind of insane how bad the animation is for those skits considering how amazing the fight stuff is.

Like holy poo poo those are 90's CGI puppet level bad in terms of movement.

It takes an insane amount of effort to make the fight stuff look as good as it does.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Funky Valentine posted:

Someone put this in the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

ImpAtom posted:

That one clip singlehandedly justified Yamcha and Nappa's inclusion in the game even if they didn't look fun as hell to play.

Yeah, showing off the yamcha pose is good, but that made it amazing.

Edit: also I assume the animation is bad because of what ridiculous lengths they apparently have to go through to do the fighting animations. It probably wasn't worth it if they would also take forever to make