Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Chris Sabat explaining the concept of isekai manga made me feel a strange way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Kild posted:

They just talked about a Yamcha Reborn anime.

I'd watch it. That might make for a fun movie too. :allears:

Also, this is canon now:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i can't believe goku is fuckin dead

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Saagonsa posted:

I'm glad of it.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

i could listen to sean schemmel complain about his controller all day

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Goku is Free

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

The French... They sure love Gohan.

Who let the company pedo do the edit job that week?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
https://twitter.com/iVoltGaming/status/956763276662128640

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
That is amazing.
:allears:
I missed the stream. Is it already on youtube?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/222407611
Skip to the end

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

https://twitter.com/WeebSimpsons/status/957019972617809925

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Vegeta didn't lose a single 1v1 to Goku in the manga, even considering Goku was holding back in the Buu saga. Him winning again is the norm!!!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Sean didn't train hard enough and look where it got him, The Gohan treatment!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's gone now :(

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Vegeta didn't lose a single 1v1 to Goku in the manga
Huh, you're right. Everything about Goku being stronger has always been because he beat someone Vegeta lost to, usually because Vegeta got cocky.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea pretty much. I think his inferiority complex is entirely down to namek really

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

yea pretty much. I think his inferiority complex is entirely down to namek really

Understandable tbh

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I think a lot of it was losing his chance to defeat Freiza and be the legend, and his first sound thrashing on earth. After it was forever a race to try to be ahead of the inhuman lunatic.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
vegeta is thje best

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Manatee Cannon posted:

That and he has to use ape form to win which probably hurt his pride a bit.

The fact Goku was at his limit and ape form was unnecessary is a secret Goku will take to his grave.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

is it though? Goku lost anyways so whats the point in hiding that.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Stairmaster posted:

is it though? Goku lost anyways so whats the point in hiding that.

Because ape form was a planet clearer, it wasn’t supposed to be a 1 on 1 thing.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Vegeta is straight up stronger than Goku all the way until Goku goes Super Saiyan, and even after I don't think there's much of a gap since Vegeta only lost to Semi-Perfect Cell out of hubris. Vegeta is a big baby, is what I'm saying.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Vegeta is royalty is Goku is a low class warrior who was so weak that they sent him to the most garbage, lovely planet they could find in hopes that he MIGHT one day grow up to be cannon fodder.

The fact that he was able to land a hit AT ALL probably infuriated him to his core back then, much less that the worthless lifeforms associated with that planet managed to harm him too.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

mycot posted:

Vegeta is straight up stronger than Goku all the way until Goku goes Super Saiyan

Well, Base Goku seems stronger than Vegeta was when he's fighting Vegeta. He still doesn't have a real chance of winning, but he at least lands some hits on Freeza, which is way more than Vegeta ever manageed

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

vegeta and goku go back and forth on namek. vegeta is stronger than goku when he arrives on the planet but goku's stronger when he gets there. then vegeta beefs up a few times and is stronger again until goku gets out of the health pod

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Goku is genuinely (in terms power level) stronger than Vegeta for extremely limited amounts of time. Goku relied helluva on the Kaioken until he got Super Saiyan and at that point Vegeta was at least on his level until they did the back-and-forth game for a while

Goku's just a loooooot better than Vegeta is at punching above his weight class.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Goku was able to take out the Ginyu force on his own while Vegeta couldn't even hurt Recoome. It was pretty clear there that Vegeta was way weaker than him. Even after his power up it still seemed like Vegeta was second fiddle up until he got Super Saiyan for himself.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

goku was using his power in bursts unlike vegeta. The only time we get a power level is when he's showing off against ginyu so we'll never know what his actual default level of strength is....

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

what if, in his final appearance for a while, Vegeta does not job to Toppo but instead gets the ring out

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Goku was stronger vs Frieza, vs Perfect Cell, vs Kid Buu, vs Hit, vs Fused Zamasu and now vs Jiren. The only major battle Goku and Vegeta had any type of parity in was Golden Frieza, Goku is just the better fighter who pushes himself harder and in fancier ways whereas if Vegeta didn't have a complex about having to be stronger than Goku at all times he wouldn't even train

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

multijoe posted:

Goku was stronger vs Frieza, vs Perfect Cell, vs Kid Buu, vs Hit, vs Fused Zamasu and now vs Jiren. The only major battle Goku and Vegeta had any type of parity in was Golden Frieza, Goku is just the better fighter who pushes himself harder and in fancier ways whereas if Vegeta didn't have a complex about having to be stronger than Goku at all times he wouldn't even train
Goku is some kind of deranged training monster, like Stinkmeaner, while Vegeta is - despite his brutal upbringing and probably questionable internal value set - a fully realized person.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

it's also interesting to note that Vegeta and Goku are probably the first Saiyans to live past like, 40, so how their lives go from there is also a neat development

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

multijoe posted:

I think he'd still train. I mean, we're not talking Gohan here. It would just be much more "Alright, a few reps at the gym, keep everything in shape, maybe break some kind of record just to prove I can, then back home to the wife and kids." and less "I will loving KILL MYSELF if it makes me stronger than Kakarot!"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Momomo posted:

Goku was able to take out the Ginyu force on his own while Vegeta couldn't even hurt Recoome. It was pretty clear there that Vegeta was way weaker than him. Even after his power up it still seemed like Vegeta was second fiddle up until he got Super Saiyan for himself.

goku was stronger when he fought ginyu but vegeta overtook him briefly before he got out of the healing pod. he got that zenkai boost from krillin

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

I think he'd still train. I mean, we're not talking Gohan here. It would just be much more "Alright, a few reps at the gym, keep everything in shape, maybe break some kind of record just to prove I can, then back home to the wife and kids." and less "I will loving KILL MYSELF if it makes me stronger than Kakarot!"

Yeah that fair. Between Cell and Buu Vegeta basically just keeps his form because he's got nothing to prove himself against, whereas Goku pushes himself so hard he turns himself into a super caveman. That's why that Heros ending for Goku and Vegeta always bugged me: 1) the rivalry is one sided and Goku doesn't care enough about Vegeta to battle to the death and 2) Goku would win anyway and then just praise him for coming as far as he had

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

multijoe posted:

Yeah that fair. Between Cell and Buu Vegeta basically just keeps his form because he's got nothing to prove himself against, whereas Goku pushes himself so hard he turns himself into a super caveman. That's why that Heros ending for Goku and Vegeta always bugged me: 1) the rivalry is one sided and Goku doesn't care enough about Vegeta to battle to the death and 2) Goku would win anyway and then just praise him for coming as far as he had

Well, to be fair they were both at the end of their lives at that point with little else to do. That and the description implies that neither of them would win since they kind of...blow up the star system they were fighting in. Movie weirdness aside, Saiyans still can't breathe in space.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Momomo posted:

That's because of Kaioken.

That's the big trick for Goku. He's usually significantly weaker than Vegeta but prior to SS (and later once SSB hits) Goku is able to Kaiohwhat his way to absurd heights whereas Vegeta is always fighting at his base. The SS period is different but Goku and Vegeta basically spend the entire SS period going back and forth in power due to hyperbolic time training or with one of them loving dead.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

multijoe posted:

Goku is typically ahead via getting b.s. powerups the rest of the cast somehow cant get. He trained his way to mastered SSJ and worthless SSJ3, but got taught kaioken, which is his main trump.card. Vegetas raw training is better than Goku's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
It's always Vegeta that manages to be better than Goku right up until it's fight time.