Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wish Yajirobe was in this thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I admire him a lot. He got in ONE absolutely amazing and extremely critical strike on the foe that they've had the hardest time with across all of Dragon Ball, survived the attempt, and went on to continue surviving and providing the handy cheat button the Z-Fighters love to abuse, stepping the HELL out of the fight scene when he saw what was coming down the long long road. Plus, his sword almost became the Saiyan Slayer.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Yajirobe was Proto-Satan

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

the epilogue of Z was bad and i'm glad that its becoming increasingly less canon

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
the only copy i could find of the last episode of DBZ is a malay (iirc) dub/sub on youtube. I'm pretty sure I got the gist of it though

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

sharrrk posted:

the epilogue of Z was bad and i'm glad that its becoming increasingly less canon

Biggest twist yet, End of Z turns out to be the GT timeline, we get new Super timeline end

I mean no chance in Hell, but I guess Goku has been off training Uub and maybe other universes if they survive

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

sharrrk posted:

its not its incredibly chill that the main timeline finally got to future trunks time and everythings fine now

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

sharrrk posted:

neither of these things are accurate

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Blockhouse posted:

neither of these things are accurate

It's only bad if it went like GT(Goku leaves for good) instead of Neko Majin Z, where the Son family chills with Uub sometimes to say hi to Goku.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

multijoe posted:

At this point if Goku and Vegeta fought for real it would only end with Goku grinding along the Final Flash and kicking Vegeta in the dick

You have no idea how badly I want this to be a reality.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Thanks to DBF, Dan Ryckert and Jeff Gerstmann are checking out what DBZ is by getting into the first season of Kai. Here's Dan Ryckert right now.

https://twitter.com/DanRyckert/status/958891455598166016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

gonna have to watch the quick look for the game I guess

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

BMB5150 posted:

Thanks to DBF, Dan Ryckert and Jeff Gerstmann are checking out what DBZ is by getting into the first season of Kai. Here's Dan Ryckert right now.

If they don't do a podcast called GBZ or All Systems Goku, I'm gonna be so disappointed. Honestly, I want to see their reactions because they're either gonna feel exactly the same, or be on wildly different ends of the spectrum of how much they enjoy this show.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

BMB5150 posted:

I don't know who this is but he seems bad.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

BMB5150 posted:

What is this garbage

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's better discussion material than "is Bruce Faulconer better than his three good songs?"

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Shinjobi posted:

It's better discussion material than "is Bruce Faulconer better than his three good songs?"
I don't think it is. That DBZ has like a bajillion different scores is way more interesting to me than some random idiot being surprised that DBZ takes place on a planet called Earth.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

not knowing what the gently caress is happening at the start of z is like everyone's first experience with it. confusion is completely justified

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Manatee Cannon posted:

not knowing what the gently caress is happening at the start of z is like everyone's first experience with it. confusion is completely justified

Yeah well I worked it out when I first saw it at 14, I didn't have to make notes expressing my confusion Jesus

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Raxivace posted:

I don't think it is. That DBZ has like a bajillion different scores is way more interesting to me than some random idiot being surprised that DBZ takes place on a planet called Earth.

it's pretty funny that we know about 1000% more about namek and it's social structure, history, and culture than we do about any of that poo poo on dragon ball's earth

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

What episode do we first learn that the King of Earth is a blue cairn terrier?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Alan_Shore posted:

Yeah well I worked it out when I first saw it at 14, I didn't have to make notes expressing my confusion Jesus

if you dont think "Radish is totally coming back to life" is funny you shouldnt post in this thread

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

he doesn't show up until cell and I don't know if they even say who he is there

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

Either when King Piccolo regains his youth and goes to take over King Furry's castle, or when Cell becomes perfect and announces the Cell Games depending on if you start with Z.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Shinjobi posted:

It :allears: how fast this thread loses focus after each episode and reverts back to sperging over the most random bullshit.

At least this time it's better than "is 21 pandering to some weird sexual fetish?"

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Feb 1, 2018

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Raxivace posted:

You're awfully meanspirited about some random dude being introduced to the magic of DBZ in 2018. Imagine going into it now without understanding any of the hype.

This is better than faulconer discussion. Wanna talk about plagiarism guy? Cool, there's something more there.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Let's talk about something else. Like this fanart.

https://twitter.com/dragongarowLEE/status/958702834874122241

Why is Toyotarou in charge of the Super manga instead of this guy? After Yamcha's manga, I'm entirely sure he'd do a better job.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

dan ryckert owns because hes a real life goku except instead of martial arts its wrestling knowledge

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Blaze Dragon posted:

Let's talk about something else. Like this fanart.

https://twitter.com/dragongarowLEE/status/958702834874122241

Why is Toyotarou in charge of the Super manga instead of this guy? After Yamcha's manga, I'm entirely sure he'd do a better job.

:hai:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Dan Ryckert is just a cool dude in general

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Little Mac posted:

Dan Ryckert is just a cool dude in general

The Dan Ryckert Anime Saga is basically your dumb as gently caress southern cousin reacting to this bizarre thing he's never seen before, only without the casual racism.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

:v:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

cool lovely 4chan meme?

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Raxivace posted:

I don't know who this is but he seems bad.

As an adult he tried to fry eggs by placing whole, shelled eggs into a pan and waited for them to melt, and he had to ask his mom why they weren't melting.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Szmitten posted:

As an adult he tried to fry eggs by placing whole, shelled eggs into a pan and waited for them to melt, and he had to ask his mom why they weren't melting.

That's not ignorance, that's a disorder

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Szmitten posted:

Is he Goku?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Szmitten posted:

You know what, if this is the reality this guy lives in maybe Shinjobi was right and I was being too mean.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Stop posting.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Raxivace posted:

You know what, if this is the reality this guy lives in maybe Shinjobi was right and I was being too mean.

In fairness, I am equally blown away by this revelation

Wowzers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Shinjobi posted:

In fairness, I am equally blown away by this revelation

Wowzers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZveytjmGWT8