Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Darth Walrus posted:

People always say this, and I don’t get it. The Berber prince and the ninja clown, sure, they were gay as hell, but Heero and Duo barely interacted.

I know it's not what you meant, but I can't help imaginging Quatre as haircutting royalty now. Incidentally, ninja clown is perhaps the simplest but best description of Trowa I've ever read and I never really considered him a ninja bebore but it does actually fit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

Heero and Duo barely interacted.

that's what makes it gay

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

...I don't know if you're joking or not. I mean. If it has Gundam in the title I'll watch it, but really I just want more sci-fi war stories / space opera in my anime.

there's a new GBF series coming and the combat is done in a VR world where furries and demons exist

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

dogsicle posted:

there's a new GBF series coming and the combat is done in a VR world where furries and demons exist

.... Hell, I'll take it.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

StrixNebulosa posted:

Less isekai, more giant robots please!
Wait, wasn't there an Isekai with Mechas last year? Also, y'know, FranXX this season, even if that's mostly about teenage sex.

WRT Gundam Wing, Treize Kushrenada, Relena and Noin ruled. The Gundam pilots were garbo for the most part.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'll never get the love for Lucrezia "let me count the days since we were last together while you walk all over me" Noin. Also, unless I'm mistaking your intention FrankXX isn't an isekai given it's not about a person from our world waking up in another more world. It's just a fantasy show.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
StrixNebulosa mentioned "less isekai, more mechas please" on the post I quoted. The show (which I've now learned is called Knight's and Magic) is a happy medium between both. FranXX is pure mecha, though. Sorry for the confusion.

Noin is cute as hell. :blush:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Wark Say posted:

Wait, wasn't there an Isekai with Mechas last year? Also, y'know, FranXX this season, even if that's mostly about teenage sex.

WRT Gundam Wing, Treize Kushrenada, Relena and Noin ruled. The Gundam pilots were garbo for the most part.

Don't forget Dorothy and Zechs and the guy in the Hawaiian shirt whose name I can't recall right now.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Endorph posted:

describe them

these are the couples

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

DisDisDis posted:

these are the couples

I am also interested in these couples

Btw dis are you familiar with loran cehack, from turn a Gundam:

(Hopefully these hotlinks work, imgur is kind of a pain to use on my phone)

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Poor Loran, the only thing the majority of people will ever know him for is being "the girly one who put on a dress".

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

tsob posted:

Poor Loran, the only thing the majority of people will ever know him for is being "the girly one who put on a dress".

I mean he's by far the nicest and best protagonist out of the three gundams I've seen. Kamille and amuro are loving assholes in comparison

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
vostok really asking me if I've seen turn a jesus

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

I'm just trying to help :(

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

these are the couples

top is frontal and angelo from unicorn, bottom are uh, i think theyre from ibo

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Ah, Neo Yokio.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

top is frontal and angelo from unicorn, bottom are uh, i think theyre from ibo

Graham and Billy from 00. Graham rules and is hella gay. Billy is a huge creep and terrible person.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Terper posted:

Ah, Neo Yokio.

lol I hate this post

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
is Unicorn good/do those two show up a lot in it?

same for 00 actually

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

VostokProgram posted:

I mean he's by far the nicest and best protagonist out of the three gundams I've seen. Kamille and amuro are loving assholes in comparison

He's almost certainly the nicest Gundam protagonist full stop, but in the first 5 or so episode he goes through agent, miner, engineer, driver, pilot and double agent as professions while taking several hits to the balls as well as jumping out of a blimp to land on a bi-plane mid flight and all anyone remembers or talks about the vast majority of the time is that he put on a dress a couple of times.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycF7G_Y7KXU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

is Unicorn good/do those two show up a lot in it?

same for 00 actually
frontal is the main villain, angelo is his sidekick. they both get decent arcs and a decent amount of screentime. unicorn has a bad habit of ignoring its best characters and resolving plot threads in dumb ways but it's beautifully animated and as a series of movies isnt quite as ponderous as some of the tv series.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

chumbler posted:

Graham and Billy from 00. Graham rules and is hella gay. Billy is a huge creep and terrible person.

Excuse you, Graham wants to gently caress robots. It’s not gay if they’re metal and eighteen metres tall.

The two girls getting married in IBO was already mentioned, but it’s also implied that a couple of the Tekkadan boys have started dating after one of them got over his long-term crush getting killed. Which is a nice way of softening the blow of what would otherwise be a fairly standard gay tragedy subplot.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

chumbler posted:

I'm suing Gundam 00

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

dogsicle posted:

I'm suing Gundam 00

Lol

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

Excuse you, Graham wants to gently caress robots. It’s not gay if they’re metal and eighteen metres tall.

Setsuna is gundamkin, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
graham wanted to gently caress giant robots, billy wanted to gently caress the big titty captain. graham's goal was much more realistic and achievable.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

upon further examination, I'm not suing Gundam 00

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

dogsicle posted:

upon further examination, I'm not suing Gundam 00

Are you sure? I think there's a very strong libel case here

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

graham was also trans

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Endorph posted:

graham was also trans

Huh. The way part of the word is crossed out makes it look like a reference to the Trans Am racing series, or maybe the pontiac firebird trans am. Probably just the fansubbers having fun

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

lol

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

trans-am is a special powerup mode in 00

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
The fansubbers were just having fun, but not in the way you seem to think. The Gundams and eventually other units, including the one in question there all have an ability to triple their output for a short period called "Trans-Am", but the name of the character piloting that unit is Graham; so the sub group doing the show subbed his use of it it as "Trans-GrahAm" for funsies. Trans-Am itself is a reference to Char, since Char was famous for having custom red (well, salmon pink initially) suits that moved at three times the speed of standard units. Don't know if the writers were aware of the pre-existence of the word trans-am, but that could be a reference too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

VostokProgram posted:

Huh. The way part of the word is crossed out makes it look like a reference to the Trans Am racing series, or maybe the pontiac firebird trans am. Probably just the fansubbers having fun

the mechs in gundam 00 go red and faster. this mode is known as trans-am. when graham's mech attained that mode, every fansub group made a joke about 'trans-graham.'

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

I see

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
It's probably a reference to the racing game series, though, as well as the Char Aznable in-joke.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Judau also wore a dress in one episode of ZZ. But I can't find a good image of it, so maybe I imagined that...

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
There was a thread on /m/ about it recently, as in the last day or so, and it's probably still in the archive if not live, so you definitely didn't imagine it. Tieria wore one once too if I recall. It's just rarely brought up about either of them, especially Judau, who I'm pretty sure didn't do it under orders, and yet it seems to be all most people associate Loran with for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

graham wanted to gently caress giant robots, billy wanted to gently caress the big titty captain. graham's goal was much more realistic and achievable.
Wait, didn't Billy get to gently caress Sumeragi between seasons when she was a hot mess?

• Locked thread