Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Guy Goodbody posted:

But you don't need a whole episode to establish that it's a city that looks nice but is full of monsters, that's the whole premise of El Dorado established in the beginning. People think it's going to be great but then they get killed or turned into monsters or whatever, all we learned extra is that that the illusion keeps going after you get there.

I wouldn't say the beginning established that El Dorado is full of monsters, only that it was run by monters. The night club scene with a place full of horrors feasting on the few humans was pretty good at establishing just how full of monsters the city is and that humans are as much entertainment as food there. Plus, it established Queen's powers (was it Queen? I'm not even sure her name was mentioned) and I liked the idea of a horror experiencing the city as our POV introduction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/_butwhowasfone/status/960284399601205248

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
i just binged devilman crybaby and boy it sure is good that this season has shows like antarctica girls and chill camping

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
loving hell

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Please tell me her racket changes completely when she does this?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

tsob posted:

Please tell me her racket changes completely when she does this?

Why does it need to change when all she's doing is just using two hands?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

chumbler posted:

Why does it need to change when all she's doing is just using two hands?
So you're saying that she's secretly Kenpachi?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Wark Say posted:

So you're saying that she's secretly Kenpachi?

:thejoke:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I was expecting some kind of joke but Colors really was not kidding when it said they were sad elephants :qq:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm hype for this, this is the year of sports anime!!!

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Mummy show remains cute, but adds in a dose of heartwarming characterization. :3:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I watched the first episode of Dagashi Kashi's 2nd Season. Hotaru is like some perfect ratio of dumb and cute.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't know if I'm gonna keep going with Yowamushi Pedal...

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I'm watching an episode of this Fate Last Encore, it's the first Fate thing I've ever seen I think so I don't know what's going on or if I'm meant to know but I'm enjoying shaft's wild architecture and am pretty impressed with this Rin's (I assume, they haven't said her name yet) boots

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Are those suspenders going under the hem of her skirt? That's some pretty wild fashion.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

tsob posted:

Are those suspenders going under the hem of her skirt? That's some pretty wild fashion.

Hmm...

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

I realize there's some ambiguity of meaning in that statement, given that suspenders can refer to two separate items of clothing. Both of which she appears to be wearing oddly. Regardless, I mean the red and pinstriped columns of cloth traversing her top, along the skirt and under the hem; not the the black one with a buckle coming out of her boots to go under the skirt. I'm still not sure what the "Hmm..." is about mind, but your post made me realize the double meaning regardless and it seems better to address it.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

tsob posted:

I realize there's some ambiguity of meaning in that statement, given that suspenders can refer to two separate items of clothing. Both of which she appears to be wearing oddly. Regardless, I mean the red and pinstriped columns of cloth traversing her top, along the skirt and under the hem; not the the black one with a buckle coming out of her boots to go under the skirt. I'm still not sure what the "Hmm..." is about mind, but your post made me realize the double meaning regardless and it seems better to address it.

Hmm...suspenders....you think they look fashionable? I like you.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

tsob posted:

Sort of?

Gosh, Kamiya has such a distinctive 'frantic' voice

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Matoi Ryuko posted:

With the right outfit they certainly can. Office workers in early 1900's US films (or period pieces) and such always look great with a shirt and suspenders for instance.

Knorth posted:

Sort of?

This I don't even know what to make of. It looks kind of okay as a drawing I guess, but it seems like the kind of thing that only works in some mediums, and would look awkward and awful in reality. Like a lot of video game outfits.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

to be fair fate/extra takes place in a weird cyberpunk future where people can dive into computers, fashion being weird is pretty gettable

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Knorth posted:

I'm watching an episode of this Fate Last Encore, it's the first Fate thing I've ever seen I think so I don't know what's going on or if I'm meant to know but I'm enjoying shaft's wild architecture and am pretty impressed with this Rin's (I assume, they haven't said her name yet) boots

also you aren't meant to know what's going on, the entire show is meant to gently caress with the expectations of people who have played the original game while also being a good entry point to the series. it's leaning into everything being weird and mysterious

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Okay that's good then. By the end of the episode I mostly figured it just didn't go out of it's way to explain the setting in the premiere but it's not like that's unusual. That could've been my general Fate ignorance showing though lol

It's a pretty show

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the original fate/extra game also has a pretty weird and mysterious setting since the idea is hakuno has amnesia and doesnt know what anything is and there's all sorts of random people tellign them to do this or that and the only person they can really rely on is their servant but even they have their own secrets. the show's leaning into that by rewriting tons of the game and outright changing/altering things.

also the setting is different from the standard fate universe and even in the game hakuno doesnt get a clear answer on what it all is until like a boss and a half in.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I can't post the numerous pictures and videos proving that suspenders look good because I don't want to get banned but I assure you they exist

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Does Slow Start have a slow start or should I just give up on it? Watched the first two episodes and while entertaining it's just very... there.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

DisDisDis posted:

I can't post the numerous pictures and videos proving that suspenders look good because I don't want to get banned but I assure you they exist

Well since you can't provide visual proof, in accordance with traditional law you need to provide the testimony of two trusted members of the community to argue your case

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DisDisDis posted:

Do you mean suspenders for holding up pants or suspenders for holding up stockings?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

gmq posted:

Does Slow Start have a slow start or should I just give up on it? Watched the first two episodes and while entertaining it's just very... there.

it's a kirara show so I'm gonna guess that's just how it is

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Knorth posted:

It's Rin. Her fancy boots/suspender combo can't fool me. :blush:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It Rin. Her name is Rin Tohsaka. It's not a spoiler, but it's not the same Rin so it doesnt matter. Fate/Extra is a different setting so the same looking characters are different people too. They have the same character designs and names but that was just for the brand familiarity/so they could play with their character archetypes

El Burbo fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Feb 6, 2018

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
For instance Saber, the classic, the vanilla

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I just learned that they're actually making a new season of Full Metal Panic. FMP! and Fumoffu were good fun, Second Raid not so much (or just bad). FMP IV likely to be more like the former or latter?

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

VostokProgram posted:

Well since you can't provide visual proof, in accordance with traditional law you need to provide the testimony of two trusted members of the community to argue your case

Are we going under traditional law where in the place of one male witness we can substitute two female witnesses?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rinkles posted:

I just learned that they're actually making a new season of Full Metal Panic. FMP! and Fumoffu were good fun, Second Raid not so much (or just bad). FMP IV likely to be more like the former or latter?
second raid was mostly original material and FMP IV seems to be an accurate adaptation of the light novels, including having the original author of the novels on board as a script writer. however, it's worth noting that it's by xebec and not kyoto animation, so the animation will probably be different, even accounting for the decade long gap.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Endorph posted:

second raid was mostly original material and FMP IV seems to be an accurate adaptation of the light novels, including having the original author of the novels on board as a script writer. however, it's worth noting that it's by xebec and not kyoto animation, so the animation will probably be different, even accounting for the decade long gap.

It's only the tone I really care about. FMP itself had shoddy Gonzo animation in places.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

DisDisDis posted:

But as OP I can.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Xinder posted:

Are we going under traditional law where in the place of one male witness we can substitute two female witnesses?

I'm vetoing that rule because its hella dumb

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Julias posted:

But as OP I can.
I'm shocked that you forgot the granddaddy of the suspenders. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince