Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

as far as I can tell, the only people that have aged at all are the ox king, chichi, gohan, and videl

Dende got taller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

true you got me there. I was mostly joking but w/e I got nothing better to do :v:

Burkion posted:

That's not really true.

yea it is. again, vegeta changes as much and he's like 10 years older than goku so he shouldn't have done by your own rules (goku was like 24 when he fought vegeta so he'd have to be at least 30). everyone bulked up in the cell saga. they got a little less so in the buu saga and then super slimmed everyone down even more

fighting piccolo at the tournament is before dbz started and honestly I don't remember if he changed any between then and raditz

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Goten certainly looked taller when he attacked Future Trunks' world.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Bulma has aged. Goku says her tits are too saggy now. He certainly has a way with words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVIHaIYgn8U

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Manatee Cannon posted:

yea it is. again, vegeta changes as much and he's like 10 years older than goku so he shouldn't have done by your own rules (goku was like 24 when he fought vegeta so he'd have to be at least 30). everyone bulked up in the cell saga. they got a little less so in the buu saga and then super slimmed everyone down even more

Vegeta arrived on November 3, Age 762. Goku was born on April 16, 736 according to Jaco the Galactic Patrolman or 737 according to Daizenshuu 7; while Vegeta was born on Age 732, unknown day.

As such, Goku was either 26 (Toriyama's revised timeline) or 27 (original timeline) while Vegeta was around 30. Vegeta is not ten years older than Goku, only 4 or 5.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
How old was vegeta when beerus made his dad kneel or w/e

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

heeheex2 posted:

How old was vegeta when beerus made his dad kneel or w/e

Hard to say. Planet Vegeta was destroyed in Age 737 (Bardock) or Age 739 (Minus), so Vegeta was any age between 0 and 5/7.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I wonder if they made it so that Beerus turned around and authorized blowing up planet vegeta just because of the pillow incident alone.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Vegeta getting taller is always so sad. I liked it more when he was a loudmouthed shortie who's wife towered over him.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Vegeta grew because his heart grew

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Burkion posted:

Bulma has changed hair styles.

Sometimes Bulma looks like a middle aged woman. At the very least she doesn't look 16 anymore like she did up until Namek.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

Sometimes Bulma looks like a middle aged woman. At the very least she doesn't look 16 anymore like she did up until Namek.

She looks older than her own mother now.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Rhonne posted:

She looks older than her own mother now.

Brief probably made her an android by this point anyway.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Blaze Dragon posted:

Vegeta arrived on November 3, Age 762. Goku was born on April 16, 736 according to Jaco the Galactic Patrolman or 737 according to Daizenshuu 7; while Vegeta was born on Age 732, unknown day.

As such, Goku was either 26 (Toriyama's revised timeline) or 27 (original timeline) while Vegeta was around 30. Vegeta is not ten years older than Goku, only 4 or 5.

how does the hyperbolic time chamber factor into these figures

also do people age while dead

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Black August posted:

Vegeta grew because his heart grew

So Vegeta's the Grinch? That strangely makes some sense.

Hjalmar posted:

also do people age while dead

How many years has Goku spent dead again? It has to be close to 5-6 years, right?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

amigolupus posted:

How many years has Goku spent dead again? It has to be close to 5-6 years, right?

I think a total of 8; 1 for the Saiyan Saga, 7 for Buu.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

amigolupus posted:

Closer to nine.

A year for Raditz, about eight for Cell.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Raxivace posted:

Goten certainly looked taller when he attacked Future Trunks' world.

the Goten Black arc gets a lot of flak but i feel like it really added depth to the character

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Maybe the reason why characters have stopped aging is because they all died and got revived, and it hosed with their cellular degeneration.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Dias posted:

Maybe the reason why characters have stopped aging is because they all died and got revived, and it hosed with their cellular degeneration.

is that also why they have permanent grandma voices

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
utilizing destruction energy must do something to stop your aging too because it was floated as a real thing vegeta and goku could do but like it'd be kinda pointless if they died in a few decades

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Eh, there's a billion ways to live forever. Hell, Roshi's immortal because he found the fountain of youth.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Manatee Cannon posted:

as far as I can tell, the only people that have aged at all are the ox king, chichi, gohan, and videl

Bulma aged
Then she aged backwarda

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Flytrap posted:

Eh, there's a billion ways to live forever. Hell, Roshi's immortal because he found the fountain of youth.

Oh yeah, I remember that. This legendary mythical artifact, and it's just thrown out casually that Roshi's found it. It's like if one episode they went to his house and he was using the holy grail as an ashtray.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Flytrap posted:

Which was actually weed.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Oh yeah, I remember that. This legendary mythical artifact, and it's just thrown out casually that Roshi's found it. It's like if one episode they went to his house and he was using the holy grail as an ashtray.

Dude actually has 3 different methods for immortality and eternal youth, which shows an incredible amount of forward thinking on his part.

Beyond the fountain of youth he also had a Phoenix at one point before it died, and eats the super dank weed we saw in Super. All these villains are always going on about getting the Dragonballs for immortality and this guy manages to do it 3 times over without that hassle.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Augus posted:

Bulma aged
Then she aged backwarda

The miracles of money.

Flytrap posted:

Paying attention to only Team U7 here:
-All Saiyans age much slower than humans do, keeping at their peak even in their 80s according to Vegeta. Whether they live longer is likely an unknown even for them since Saiyans likely died more in combat than by old age.
-17 and 18, as Androids, age extremely slowly and may not age at all, depending on which material we're paying attention to now.
-Roshi is immortal age-wise due to consuming extreme amounts of weed, drinking off the fountain of youth, and having a literal phoenix as a pet, maybe others.
-Piccolo is also immortal and can't age due to his dad wishing for eternal youth on the Dragon Balls, which he inherited due to being a clone of him.
-Both Gods of Creation such as Shin and Destruction such as Beerus have extremely long lifespans, millenia at least, but are not immortal. Angels like Whis, however, most likely are completely immortal.
-Tenshinhan and Krillin will die before any of their friends and loved ones do.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

TrilliontonNixon posted:

They actually did do a joke like that when they needed the Bansho Fan to remove the fire from the Ox Kings mountain. Turned out Master Roshi had been using it as a table cloth while having hot pot, spilled on it and thrown it away when he couldn't get the stains off.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
17 and 18 probably should age, since they were originally human, but whatever Nanomachines Bullshit that Gero put them on probably includes "make cells last forever" on its infinite energy list. I'm not even sure that they strictly need to eat or sleep, if they don't feel like it. They can still get hurt, though, like when 18 hosed up her ankle.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

deadly_pudding posted:

17 and 18 probably should age, since they were originally human, but whatever Nanomachines Bullshit that Gero put them on probably includes "make cells last forever" on its infinite energy list. I'm not even sure that they strictly need to eat or sleep, if they don't feel like it. They can still get hurt, though, like when 18 hosed up her ankle.

They do not need to eat, but they do need to hydrate. Kind of like Piccolo.

...you know, most of their modifications are biological as opposed to mechanical, maybe they're a bit like Cell themselves and just have Namekian and other poo poo spliced into them.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
When I originally read the Dragonball Z comic I used to think Goku not aging much was because he had drunk from the ultra divine water back earlier in the series. But then Toriyama made Vegeta say some stuff about Sayians just being like that and that's that.
And I'm the only idiot that remembers the divine water.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
A lot of people forgot about the King Piccolo arc. :v:

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Shindragon posted:

A lot of people forgot about the King Piccolo arc. :v:

Toryiyama did 9/11 Toriyama lied people died

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Star Man posted:

Toryiyama did 9/11 Toriyama lied people died

It's fine, they were all brought back from the dead afterwards anyways.

Also this meme keeps being hilarious and the Dragon Ball version works way too well.

https://twitter.com/goddamnimglam/status/961618058828832769

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Blaze Dragon posted:

-Tenshinhan and Krillin will die before any of their friends and loved ones do.

They already have

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blaze Dragon posted:

It's fine, they were all brought back from the dead afterwards anyways.

Also this meme keeps being hilarious and the Dragon Ball version works way too well.

https://twitter.com/goddamnimglam/status/961618058828832769

dear god

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

eonwe posted:

Oh Ye gods!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy