Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

multijoe posted:

Them getting mad Zamasu wasn't a tragic well intentioned anti-villain was pretty stupid, dude was perfect exactly how he was.

I thought it was more that they found him boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Goku Black = Good

Zamasu = Not as good

Goku Black and Zamasu tag teaming = Great

Goku Black and Zamasu fused = :catdrugs:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Base Zamasu is kinda poo poo but most of the time he has his life partner, himself, by his side, and after they fuse he's just the best.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Watching through Kai for the first time. The music that plays when Frieza first transforms and skewers Krillin is excellent.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Justin_Brett posted:

If Toyotaro has such a Goku boner why did he let Toppo kick him in the nuts, instead of just letting Goku beat him up like the anime did? I think him being a fanboy is overblown here.

What.....are.....jokes ? The goon asks. Besides he wrote and drew dragonball fanfiction it's how he got the job he totally is.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Zamasu is good and I'm glad that even though his partner, Zamasu, is a far better antagonist, he doesn't overshadow him and instead they work together and share the victories and joy of ningen genocide.

Truly, Zamasu is the best Goku.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I'm sorry if I'm repeating myself, but its just so drat stupid they don't want to have a consistent character. It's like Frieza, after killing all the Namekians and blowing up Krillin, suddenly talks to Super Saiyan Goku about the Greater Good of the Galactic Interplanetary Trade and Space Economy and how this needed to be done, even if he didn't mean to take it this far - beat for beat after the fucker laughed in pure joy causing mass deaths for the gently caress of it. He was always supposed to be Pure Goddamn Evil. He stuck to that, it worked from start to finish.

I mean poo poo, even Zamasu at least had an arc to why he has his all mortal die philosophy and stuck to that.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I think only Grant decided he hated Super after the ending of the Goku Black arc. Lani still seems to like it, and KaiserNeko--font of terrible opinions that he is--fawns over how much better the manga is.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Zamasu was a guy that got a job without looking at the job description, got mad that it wasn't what he thought it was, and then decided that the only one that knew what the job should be was him and then started killing everyone. Also he got married to himself. Zamasu was in fact the best villain.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Jiren's backstory revelation was a cool addition imo. He's a parallel to Goku only with a much more tragic backstory that isolated and alienated him from his would-be friends and comrades. Even as Goku has a single-minded focus on training, he's still tethered to reality by his friends and family. Jiren has sacrificed all of that in pursuit of strength. It puts his comments about how Vegeta got so strong by sacrificing nothing into context.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
I'm getting really tired of the world of void. It's so ugly. Brown rocks and a wavy green sky, great. I still like this arc but it's been dragging for me and I think that's the reason. Same ugly setting every single week for like 40 weeks in a row. Remember how good it looked when 17 and Goku fought on 17's island when the sun was setting? Grand Priest just should've made a small planet to do this on, the stage is blown to poo poo at this point anyway so it's not like the supposedly super strong material he made it out of has made any difference.

People joke and it's not going to happen but I actually want a Trunks, Goten and Maron guarding 17's island episode just to break it up.

GokuGoesSSj69 fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Feb 13, 2018

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't really mind the void much. the shot of the arena half destroyed was pretty neat

it's not so different from literally the entirety of planet namek looking the same, tho I'd say namek's visual aesthetic is a lot better

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
It honestly feels like they just re-wrote Jiren's character for these last few episodes

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

I don't really mind the void much. the shot of the arena half destroyed was pretty neat

it's not so different from literally the entirety of planet namek looking the same, tho I'd say namek's visual aesthetic is a lot better

Or the fact that there's always the exact same wasteland available for every goddamn fight.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

CharlestonJew posted:

It honestly feels like they just re-wrote Jiren's character for these last few episodes

Yeah it honestly kinda sucks

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Got around to watching the episode since Crunchy was acting up for me over the weekend. Once they revive 17 they better give him the boat like he deserves.

RIP :qq:

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
If Jiren does a total 180 in these last episodes and turns into a villain after being projected as this lawful-good paragon the whole arc, that'd suck, but I'm not sure it's fair to assume that's what's happening

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

CharlestonJew posted:

It feels like they depowered him too. He should never have been hurt by 17's attack.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

SirKibbles posted:

What.....are.....jokes ? The goon asks. Besides he wrote and drew dragonball fanfiction it's how he got the job he totally is.

It doesn't feel like a joke though? That gets brought up almost every time the manga does, and I just find it a little tiresome.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

toppo kicking goku in the nuts so hard he flew out of the arena was definitely a joke

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
yeah im positive toei just changed the toyotaro script hard to have 'cool' moments every episode and its stupid and i dont like it

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Sade posted:

If Jiren does a total 180 in these last episodes and turns into a villain after being projected as this lawful-good paragon the whole arc, that'd suck, but I'm not sure it's fair to assume that's what's happening

If he's trying to play a heel persona, then uh - why is he doing that?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Why does everyone think Jiren's wish is to turn back time? From the way he's spoken, and from the implications, it sounds more like Jiren wants to change something fundamental. "Eternal life for everyone", "Eradication of all evil", "The weak no longer need to fear the strong". Something like that.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

jiren: I wish everyone in universe 11 had their own yacht

17: hey gently caress off that's my vacation

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I can see Jiren wishing for the dissolution of the divine hierarchy, leaving the remaining universes Godless and in a five way war with nobody to stop them.

But I'd only like that if it left alone the low-levels like King Kai, so you have a coalition of kais trying to figure out what the gently caress to do with everything above them gone and the universes in riot.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

It feels like they depowered him too. He should never have been hurt by 17's attack.

C'mon man. You saw Resurrection F. Same deal.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

rof was not a high water mark in the series writing.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i dont tihnk thats actually a phrase but my brain is too melty to think of what it should be.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

drjuggalo posted:

yeah im positive toei just changed the toyotaro script hard to have 'cool' moments every episode and its stupid and i dont like it

Toyotarou has no script. Toriyama has the script, which is then given to Toei's writers and Toyotarou and each does as they please with it, though following its basic instructions and comparing with Toriyama for details (though from Toyotarou's words, Toriyama cares very little about the action and a lot about the gags, which is...unsurprising).

Stairmaster posted:

i dont tihnk thats actually a phrase but my brain is too melty to think of what it should be.

It's fine, I understood what you mean and I agree, it's not the highest point Dragon Ball has had, especially coming after the glorious Battle of Gods.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

If toryiama focuses mostly on the gags then toei fucks them up as well because the pilaf and gang stuff is far more grating than it was in BoG.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Black August posted:

I can see Jiren wishing for the dissolution of the divine hierarchy, leaving the remaining universes Godless and in a five way war with nobody to stop them.

But I'd only like that if it left alone the low-levels like King Kai, so you have a coalition of kais trying to figure out what the gently caress to do with everything above them gone and the universes in riot.

Or King Kai doesn't get deleted because he's dead, and ends up the Only God Around.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

OB_Juan posted:

Or King Kai doesn't get deleted because he's dead, and ends up the Only God Around.

I AM CALLING TOEI WITH *BOTH PHONES*

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Stairmaster posted:

If toryiama focuses mostly on the gags then toei fucks them up as well because the pilaf and gang stuff is far more grating than it was in BoG.

Or his gags aren't very good.

I mean let's be real gags in drsgonball have always been hit or miss

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Without a manga to storyboard off of they really don't know how to layout arcs and episodes.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

yeah that's their main problem.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

The original run of Z was also loving awful for that too so I don't really think it's because of a lack of manga to write from.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Or his gags aren't very good.

I mean let's be real gags in drsgonball have always been hit or miss

Considering stuff like kissing Chichi and forgetting the seal are apparently stuff Toriyama thought of (since they're in both versions) I don't think the guy always knows best about what to do with the series.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Dragon Ball z is good actually.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

ok you unhappy argumentative nerds, here's your z-homework, get high out of your GOURD, have one solid drink with you, and then put this on fullscreen with max volume headphones, sit back, shut the sweet gently caress up, and lose yourself in the mania for once while cheering your lungs out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVnV4uuOTRE

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Black August posted:

ok you unhappy argumentative nerds, here's your z-homework, get high out of your GOURD, have one solid drink with you, and then put this on fullscreen with max volume headphones, sit back, shut the sweet gently caress up, and lose yourself in the mania for once while cheering your lungs out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVnV4uuOTRE

This is cool and good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
actually it's dumb and bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:c00lbert: