Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Thanks for the quick answers. That's about what I thought but I wanted to be sure I didn't make the wrong assumption.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Mandrel posted:

but this loving nerd i just want to dunk his stupid head in a toilet and hold it there, christ

Dont forget to steal his lunch money and stuff him in a locker afterwards.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Dont forget to steal his lunch money and stuff him in a locker afterwards.

And the wedgie...on top of a flagpole,

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Gatts posted:

And call him a fag to divert attention from your own awkward budding feelings for other guys on your football team.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Dragon Ball uses "ningen" to refer to any non-deity. "Ningen" is normally translated specificaly as "human", but in this context, "mortal" would be more appropiate, and later on the subs take mortal as its main translation too, plus FighterZ uses "zero mortals plan" as well.

"Mortal" brings its own share of issues (namely that the deities themselves are not immortal, Zamasu aside) but it definitely works better than "human" which led to the amazing line "Saiyans, who are humans" from Zamasu.

What I love about that dumb plan is that he also kills all the gods too. I'm guessing he'd never have gotten to kill the Angels or Zeno, so his plan was just to cover the universe with copies of himself and just... Be bored after that I guess?

Unless all of the hosed up Goku-Zamasus form some kind of society? Was he going for a Citadel of Ricks situation? Who cleans the toilets?

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Steve2911 posted:

Who cleans the toilets?

Yamcha Black

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Ningen being mistranslated to "humans" was pure comedy gold on that episode where Zamasu was screaming "NINGEN!" at a clearly non human alien race.

It was cute. He doesn't even know what a ningen looks like he just knows he hates them filthy ningens so much :downs:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Steve2911 posted:

so his plan was just to cover the universe with copies of himself and just... Be bored after that I guess?

The tea you fool. Think of the tea.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Tea and hugs

Also zamasu seems the kind of guy to never get bored.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Gatts posted:

awful waffle!

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Rock the dragon is great.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Blaze Dragon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeWmuEp-sb0

GAN GAN GAN GAN KACHIDAZE
GUN GUN GUN GUN WO MUKI

The Lyrics for this rule

quote:

English Translation

Ti-ti-ti-ti-time to fight
Sta-sta-sta-sta-stand above the rest
Jyan jyan byan byan the Ultimate Battle
Has no meaning, it is just fighting

I'm glad I got to meet amazing guys like you
Is it alright if I show off my strength?
Full power, breaking limits
From this point on, the Gods will watch in awe

Se-se-se-se-seriously?
He-he-he-he-Heaven and Earth
Jyan jyan byan byan will burn in pillars of fire
There is no meaning, it is just fighting
Until ego turns to nothingness

When my fist goes astray, the sky breaks
When everything is destroyed, what is born?
One-hit kill ten million times
When my body is tattered and broken, where can I stop and rest?

Ho-ho-ho-ho-how foolish
Ho-ho-ho-ho-how cruel
Jyan jyan byan byan I'll laugh at fate
When the Spirit Bomb is pushed to its limit
It will shine eternally

Existence awakened, limits reborn
Surpassing consciousness, the fight continues
Se-se-se-se-seriously?
He-he-he-he-Heaven and Earth
Jyan jyan byan byan will burn in pillars of fire

Ho-ho-ho-ho-how foolish
Ho-ho-ho-ho-how cruel
Jyan jyan byan byan I'll laugh at fate
It has no meaning, it is just fighting
Until ego turns to nothingness

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Tea and hugs

Also zamasu seems the kind of guy to never get bored.

I wouldn't put it past Zamasu to make sure the super dragon balls are used to revive all ningen so he can kill them again

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Zamasu seemed to be the type of true believer who would have preferred all the universes to be empty rather than have a single living thing in it

he almost succeeded too!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I just got a very important e-mail from google about my YoutubeTV subscription

quote:

Now TNT, TBS, CNN, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, HLN, truTV, and TCM are all included in your membership. (Yes, that means a LOT of basketball and more 24/7 news.) Happy Valentine's Day!

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Zamasu didn't destroy the trees that make more Kai right? So there would eventually be new Supreme Kais. And I think he only killed the Supreme Kais (thus getting rid of the GoDs), so there'd be the King Kai level dudes left. And the Supreme Kais would still be around, just dead...?

Not sure Toriyama hasn't come with some new non-tree explanation for Kais though. I think I'm already thinking about DB afterlife/bureaucracy stuff too much.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

From quite a few episodes ago, but it’s really funny hearing Doflamingo’s voice coming from a tiny little bug

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
I forgot but why didn't shin wake up beerus during the Buu saga.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
He didn't exist yet

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Staltran posted:

Zamasu didn't destroy the trees that make more Kai right? So there would eventually be new Supreme Kais. And I think he only killed the Supreme Kais (thus getting rid of the GoDs), so there'd be the King Kai level dudes left. And the Supreme Kais would still be around, just dead...?

Not sure Toriyama hasn't come with some new non-tree explanation for Kais though. I think I'm already thinking about DB afterlife/bureaucracy stuff too much.

You're overthinking this. Toriyama likely doesn't even remember the tree thing considering he forgot everything else he said about the Kaioshins.

Ravel posted:

Shin didn't even know Beerus existed until Battle of Gods.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Ravel posted:

Shin is fuckin stupid and doesn’t know poo poo about what his job is. Got hired and sat at a desk on his first day and nobody ever came round to tell him what he’s actually supposed to do

And then on day 2 Majin Buu ate all of his coworkers

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
it's really more fair to blame Old Kai then Shin.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Stallion Cabana posted:

It's really more fair to blame Beerus. No way he didn't know there was a pink planet-destroying monster in his Universe, especially since Buu has been around since the dawn of time. He just chose to do nothing about it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he just slept through it like he did everything else

Sockser posted:

Shin is fuckin stupid and doesn’t know poo poo about what his job is. Got hired and sat at a desk on his first day and nobody ever came round to tell him what he’s actually supposed to do

And then on day 2 Majin Buu ate all of his coworkers

tbf nobody told him what he was supposed to do because buu killed them all. that's the only reason he even got the job

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Stallion Cabana posted:

Why would Old Kai call up the guy who imprisoned him in a sword immediately after being freed from said sword when there was a perfectly good Buu-killer right in front of him?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Stallion Cabana posted:

What makes Old Kai even more of an awful idiot is that at no point did he sit Shin down about what Supreme Kais are supposed to do, who are the people they're supposed to work with, and who the bosses are and how to avoid getting on their bad side.

Seriously, how much time had passed since Old Kai was freed during the Buu saga?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Like arguably even if you don't want to wake up Beerus in that situation- somewhat justifiable-, you could at least tell Whis that Majin Buu is there. It's entirely possible he wouldn't do anything, but he could also wake up Beerus or actually just go explode him

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Japan does ads well

https://twitter.com/AmazonJP/status/963744645904658432

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

bulma's new VA sounds good

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I want Freeza cleaning supplies please

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

tbf nobody told him what he was supposed to do because buu killed them all. that's the only reason he even got the job
That explanation did always struck me as a bit weird.
It's not like Buu killed off hundreds of Kai above Shin in the line of succession and Shin was a janitor third class, shoveling souls somewhere in the afterlife before being promoted way up to Supreme Kai. Shin was the Eastern Supreme Kai, one rank below the Grand Supreme Kai.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Burkion posted:

I want Freeza cleaning supplies please

To get rid of filthy disgusting dirt
Simply apply and wait for 5 minutes.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Ammat The Ankh posted:

If nothing else I guess they're self-aware I guess.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Raygereio posted:

That explanation did always struck me as a bit weird.
It's not like Buu killed off hundreds of Kai above Shin in the line of succession and Shin was a janitor third class, shoveling souls somewhere in the afterlife before being promoted way up to Supreme Kai. Shin was the Eastern Supreme Kai, one rank below the Grand Supreme Kai.

Ultimately people want an explanation for why Shin doesn't know stuff he should know other than "it hadn't been invented yet," which is the true one.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

pretty sure his ignorance being because everyone else died is covered in the show itself?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

day 1: shin is hired because theres so many planets with people on it they need four kais. cue lots of hanging out by the waterfall
day 2: buu kills everyone.
day 3: shin realizes theres no loving books on the supreme kai planet

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

a cartoon duck posted:

If nothing else I guess they're self-aware I guess.

It's Goku's MO entirely and also speaks of Ultra Instinct.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

"Beerus was too lazy to help with Buu" is the "IG88 was about to launch the droid revolution" of Dragonball

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Justin_Brett posted:

He didn't exist yet

It's this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Who did Toriyama have in mind when he first wrote of Old Kai being sealed away by an unusual force then?