Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Blockhouse posted:

Chapter 307 of the manga, less than a year after the TV special aired?

I don't know, don't listen to me and imagine my face with a knife in it idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
that'd be hosed up!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Blockhouse posted:

that'd be hosed up!

But correct.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Dias posted:

What you do is age it back to OG DB and then U7 wins free because they're all gag characters, and gag characters are powerful.

Dream me this dead timeline. Imagine animation a tier beyond Path to Power to complement.

OG Dragon Ball era crew. Goku. Krillin. Roshi. Bulma. Chi-Chi. Yamcha. King Piccolo. Kid Vegeta.

Emperor Freiza.

Gohan revived for 24 hours. Masked.

The Tournament is anything goes. Anything. Survival at all costs. Killing is allowed. As long as it entertains.

Finale is Goku becoming the Legendary Super Saiyan.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Black August posted:

Dream me this dead timeline. Imagine animation a tier beyond Path to Power to complement.

OG Dragon Ball era crew. Goku. Krillin. Roshi. Bulma. Chi-Chi. Yamcha. King Piccolo. Kid Vegeta.

Emperor Freiza.

Gohan revived for 24 hours. Masked.

The Tournament is anything goes. Anything. Survival at all costs. Killing is allowed. As long as it entertains.

Finale is Goku becoming the Legendary Super Saiyan.

Can Jiren still be a little kid with a beanie cap?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Rirse posted:

Can Jiren still be a little kid with a beanie cap?

Absolutely.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

hosed up that you'd make a gag character team and not include arale

imo bring that devilman guy if killing is allowed

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Manatee Cannon posted:

hosed up that you'd make a gag character team and not include arale

imo bring that devilman guy if killing is allowed

Excuse me? Did you not see the name Yamcha?

clause z clearly states he is the substitution slot

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
Any 'what if' ToP needs Roshi for mafuba and Chiaotzu to dq the strongest fighter by floating into a blast and dying

Chiaotzu the human shield

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the charm of "hey they brought the mafuba back!" would really have worn off if it kept getting used

it was already on the borderline there before roshi gave up

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

oh yeah i forgot tien

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
Mafuba the whole team and hide the jars really, reaalllyyy well

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Blockhouse posted:

the charm of "hey they brought the mafuba back!" would really have worn off if it kept getting used

it was already on the borderline there before roshi gave up

Imagine if in this Kid SSj ToP that a lot of the U7 team knows and can use the Mafuba, to be used at dramatic and at least one comedic moment proceeding death.

Imagine Frost acting like a friendly secret agent for Goku against the evil Emperor Freiza on his team, weaker than Freiza but way more cunning, while Freiza goes through the old 1-2-3-4. For extra drama and comedy, make it Piccolo instead of King Piccolo. Kami fused even! AND-

THEY BRING THE DRAGON BALLS AS THEIR TRUMP CARD

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Quick question, why are people acting like SSJ2 is a specific level of power? Trunks trained up his SSJ2 form to stand toe to toe with Goku's SSJ3, and that was after Goku got God Ki and Saiyan Beyond God and stuff. Goku himself trained his SSJ1 form from where he started in against Frieza to being able to get close to Perfect Cell's level. The forms are multipliers of some type, not static or near static levels of power. I would assume SSJ2 Goku in the ToP is loving leagues beyond SSJ2 Goku fighting Majin Vegeta. Just because someone can access a form doesn't mean they equal anyone's version of it; it's still a multiplier to their base power, so that goes up pretty fast.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Kurui Reiten posted:

Quick question, why are people acting like SSJ2 is a specific level of power? Trunks trained up his SSJ2 form to stand toe to toe with Goku's SSJ3, and that was after Goku got God Ki and Saiyan Beyond God and stuff. Goku himself trained his SSJ1 form from where he started in against Frieza to being able to get close to Perfect Cell's level. The forms are multipliers of some type, not static or near static levels of power. I would assume SSJ2 Goku in the ToP is loving leagues beyond SSJ2 Goku fighting Majin Vegeta. Just because someone can access a form doesn't mean they equal anyone's version of it; it's still a multiplier to their base power, so that goes up pretty fast.

Use the 1-20 scale Toriyama made up in one interview. Goku a 6 etc. Assume 20 is Grand Priest (0 is Zeno). Work from there as makes sense to you extrapolating.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Pikkon is just Piccolo with a fish face, ie Worse Piccolo

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They're completely different actually!

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
toriyama really doesnt remember poo poo does he. i just read about the phoenix and paradise grass wrt roshi's immortality

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Relin posted:

toriyama really doesnt remember poo poo does he. i just read about the phoenix and paradise grass wrt roshi's immortality

just pretend roshi is immortal and that each 'immortality' method is actually just another chased virility enhancement fad

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

RBX posted:

They're completely different actually!

The tournament was basically Piccolo vs Goku copy-pasted.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Mordaedil posted:

The tournament was basically Piccolo vs Goku copy-pasted.

I mean, Cell is basically Piccolo.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Star Man posted:

I mean, Cell is basically Piccolo.

He has Piccolo's cells, so sure, it makes sense. But he also has elements of Freeza in him, Goku and Vegeta as well. His behavior reflects several characters, but it's hard to tell if it's done with intention.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/964073030719647744

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Mordaedil posted:

He has Piccolo's cells, so sure, it makes sense. But he also has elements of Freeza in him, Goku and Vegeta as well. His behavior reflects several characters, but it's hard to tell if it's done with intention.

The fact that he tried everything to make Gohan turn Super Sayan 2 like Vegeta did to help Cell turn perfect makes it seem pretty intentional.

Yuriki
Mar 27, 2004

Who the hell do you think I am?
I just realized we’ve gone ages since they’ve gone yakitate japan over some hamburgers or a candy bar they found on the ground. I’m surprised Whis didn’t prepare a picnic for the tournament. If he did I haven’t remembered it.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
We've been missing Whis bringing a bunch of snacks to share with the other angels this whole tournament.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'd have liked if he and Beerus were constantly snacking, so they ate a disgusting amount of food over the 48 minutes.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The lines from Bulma in this weeks episode were supposedly already recorded by Hiromi Tsuru before her death, so Aya Hisakawa is the voice going forward (or in amazing commercials)

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Steve2911 posted:

I'd have liked if he and Beerus were constantly snacking, so they ate a disgusting amount of food over the 48 minutes.

Beerus shouldve looked like champa by the end of it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Burkion posted:

Yeah?

Toriyama still designed the guy.

Fun fact, he also designed Cooler.

Toriyama would work with Toei on some of the side projects from time to time after all

Blockhouse posted:

He designed him

Kind of.

Bardock was conceptualized by Toei in his entirety, Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru (animator and main character designer for the anime from the Buu Saga until the end of GT) was the one who did the original designs for Bardock and his team.

Toriyama came later and tweaked Nakatsuru's designs into what we know today.

Nakatsuru was also the one that came up with the design for Child Vegeta (seen first on the Bardock special) and the SSJ4.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So Toriyama basically looked at the character and thought 'it'd be better if he looked exactly like Goku'.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
It's got to be weird knowing that people are able to draw and render artwork exactly the same way as you and that you might have to work with some of those people.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Steve2911 posted:

So Toriyama basically looked at the character and thought 'it'd be better if he looked exactly like Goku'.

And with pants

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Steve2911 posted:

do you see that hair? he was right

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Manatee Cannon posted:

do you see that hair? he was right

His hair is rad. Rad I tell you!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Hit is purple Pikkon.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The DBZ blu-ray set is on sale at Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Ball-...a98495006040a85

It has both English / Japanese dubs and music, so that means the Falcouner soundtrack is on there. I'm seriously considering it, but I'd rather get Kai.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

seiferguy posted:

The DBZ blu-ray set is on sale at Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Ball-...a98495006040a85

It has both English / Japanese dubs and music, so that means the Falcouner soundtrack is on there. I'm seriously considering it, but I'd rather get Kai.

Luckily it's sold out.

I'm hoping they finishing releasing Kai on Blu Ray in the UK soon. Wanna get on that boat and throw it on the pile of box sets I haven't watched.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Steve2911 posted:

Luckily it's sold out.

I'm hoping they finishing releasing Kai on Blu Ray in the UK soon. Wanna get on that boat and throw it on the pile of box sets I haven't watched.

The Kai box sets are extremely expensive. Final chapters set alone is more expensive than the regular price of the DBZ box set that I've found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Kind of.

Bardock was conceptualized by Toei in his entirety, Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru (animator and main character designer for the anime from the Buu Saga until the end of GT) was the one who did the original designs for Bardock and his team.

Toriyama came later and tweaked Nakatsuru's designs into what we know today.

Nakatsuru was also the one that came up with the design for Child Vegeta (seen first on the Bardock special) and the SSJ4.

Pumbkin