Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I think, much like how Frieza popping up (hopefully) justifies Resurrection F as an arc, taking Trunks instead of Tien would've helped justify his presence in the Zamasu arc. The whole arc could've happened without ever intersecting with the Future Trunks timeline, and while I love the story it told it left Trunk's story ending on a bit of a wet fart. I know, I know, More Saiyans, but he'd definitely score some cool moments along the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Still a part of me is kind of annoyed at the lack of Gotenks in most of Super. I used to find him super annoying as a kid, but for some reason I've come to love him specifically because he's such a little poo poo-disturber. And Dragon Ball FighterZ kind of reminded me of that.

Our perceptions change as we age. While I still dislike Gotenks, I've come to greatly appreciate half of him as I aged. As a kid I hated Kid Trunks with a passion because, well, he wasn't the cool sword-wielder from the future, but as an adult I realized that Trunks may as well be the most realistic character in the show. Of course he's a giant brat, he's a spoiled poo poo who has everything he could ever want and more because he was born in the literally richest family in the world and his parents are Bulma and Vegeta, not the greatest examples of maturity around.

Goten was lame as a kid and is still lame as an adult though.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Knowing how dense most of the gods are, they could have easily signed up younger Trunks to the tournament and had big Trunks arrive at the event and be all, "you know kids, they grow up so fast these days!"

Assuming anybody even bothered to notice a difference.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Goten was lame as a kid and is still lame as an adult though.

Goten's only claim to fame is that he's half of the kid who's way cooler than could ever hope to be.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Why couldn't Trunks and Mai stay? There would be two of them regardless of where they went, but I feel like one set being way older than the other would be less awkward.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

TheKingofSprings posted:

The androids got a pass because there were like a half dozen robots in the tournament so Zeno clearly didn’t give a gently caress, but bringing in the walking time distortion would’ve probably gotten them erased from existence unless he ascended to the new position of Playmate for Life

Considering one of the two people watching the tournament is a walking time distortion, I don't think they would really care about this.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Goten's only claim to fame is that he's half of the kid who's way cooler than could ever hope to be.

Let’s be real, Gotenks is like an 80-20% split in Trunks’s favor

Maybe Piccolo should kidnap Goten and then he’d be cool

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Momomo posted:

Considering one of the two people watching the tournament is a walking time distortion, I don't think they would really care about this.

Did you miss the Playmate for Life part

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Gotenks is such a cocky over-confident capable brat, it's awesome. He's also creative and silly with his powers like yelling hard to break time and space making portals, being able to go SSJ3 second only to Goku, the Kamikaze Ghost Attack. He'd be a hella more entertaining than Tien.

Yajirobe is another missed opportunity.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Goten's cute and that's all he really needs to be

In Battle of the Gods his gasped "aaawesoooome" at Trunks' saying he has a girlfriend is great

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Momomo posted:

And the Zenos don't seem to care about anything as long as they're being entertained, for better or worse.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Sockser posted:

Let’s be real, Gotenks is like an 80-20% split in Trunks’s favor

Maybe Piccolo should kidnap Goten and then he’d be cool

I bet a lot of that rambunctiousness comes from a ton of pent up energy that Goten has repressed because of having Chi Chi hovering over him all his life.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Except we know Chi Chi treated him totally different than she did Gohan to the point of training him

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Sockser posted:

Future Trunks would’ve hosed up Toppo and Dyspo and they should’ve gotten Whis to go get him because he is a very good boy and I love him and Tien was useless

The ToP would not be a good environment to put Trunks in. There's no way he doesn't go off plan and take a swing at the Grande Padre.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
goku

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

Except we know Chi Chi treated him totally different than she did Gohan to the point of training him

she also called him a monster when he went super saiyan

we all rag on how lovely a father goku is but his wife is no shining star of a parent either

it's a wonder gohan turned out so well-adjusted besides his love of goofy poses

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Yinlock posted:

we all rag on how lovely a father goku is but his wife is no shining star of a parent either

Piccolo

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

OB_Juan posted:

The ToP would not be a good environment to put Trunks in. There's no way he doesn't go off plan and take a swing at the Grande Padre.

I mean, considering how much they played the ToP in the straightest way possible, something going off the rails would've been a welcome change.

Yinlock posted:

I thought Chi-Chi cried that Goten is going to turn into a delinquent just like Goku?

Shouting aside, Chi-Chi kind of has a point by asking Gohan to study hard and get a good job one day instead of going off with his father and friends and ending up in life-or-death battles all the time. I do get that it's not a good idea since this is a shonen series and there's always another threat waiting, but I thought it was alright.

And I always assumed it was Chi-Chi and Piccolo who helped Gohan deal with what he went through after the Cell saga. Maybe even a bit of advice from Vegeta.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Yinlock posted:

what?? no what hosed up translation is that from

she calls him a delinquent because chi chi can't not associate super saiyan hair with delinquents dyeing their hair blonde

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Chi-chi's overbearing and joyless to the point of suffocation but there's no argument to be made that she's a bad parent at all.

She's just someone you wouldn't ever want to interact with if she were a real person.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

esto es el fin, grande padre. Goku Blanco is here.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Feb 17, 2018

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Grandpa Gokus's full power, at last.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Feb 17, 2018

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/964859721776742401

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/964862352737865728

The insta link has no spoilers.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
goku blanco is real

i love dragon ball.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's also coming to Xenoverse 2, apparently.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Webbeh posted:

goku blanco is real

i love dragon ball.

It's over El Grande Padre!

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Seriously, how much dumb fan bullshit is going to make it into canon?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
All of it, including your OCs.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Goku’s technique stealing was getting pretty loving heinous, but stealing his son’s transformation from the future before he could even get it?

A shameful, shameful low, Goku

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Seriously, how much dumb fan bullshit is going to make it into canon?

'Canon' is a marketing concept. It doesn't actually matter.

Icarus is real, and strong, and my friend.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I wonder why Toriyama's Goku Blanco is literally just a God recolour (up to using the exact same artwork) while the anime version is heavily muscular and with a different hairstyle.

I guess the answer is "Toriyama didn't feel like drawing something new". He even kept the clothes when we know Goku is at his strongest when he's shirtless.

Also from Herms' account, FighterZ and XV2 news. Beyond the obvious newcomer for XV2, Broly and Bardock will be DLC characters in FighterZ. Bardock will be able to go Super Saiyan as part of his "Revenger Assault" attack. Having both XV2 and FighterZ will get you some neat stuff: XV2 gets Android 21's clothes and accessory (whatever that accessory is, the glasses I guess?) and FighterZ gets a Kaioshin of Time lobby avatar and a stamp.

There's also a new story mode in XV2 where you can actually choose if you want to fix or break time alongside your new friend Fu. You know, the thing the story mode should've done since day one.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Are people even still playing Xenoverse? I thought Fighterz would kill it for sure.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Switch doesn't have FighterZ so that's a corner of the market that can't play FighterZ at least.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Xenoverse has a staunch and furious fanbase that isn't going anywhere. They're why they decided to make two more DLC in the first place. These were never planned or meant to happen, they just noticed so many people still on their servers that that wanted to see if they could milk a few more dollars.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Is Gohan wearing his Piccolo gi in the manga? Am I seeing that right?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You are.

Unconfirmed spoilers that Gohan, Krillin and #17 all go out in this chapter. I reckon fake but who can say

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Xenoverse is a very different game in a totally different genre from Fighterz so I don't see why one would kill the other tbh

E: gently caress off, phone

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

They should add the Invincible Bota Magetta to FighterZ instead of Broly and Bardock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Bardock :allears:

Just needs a SSJ4 and it would be perfect.