Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Bakugo and Kirishima should date (imo) (but it's also a fact)

Fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
I had a lot of trouble understanding what the hell Bakugou was saying this chapter, but the mangastream version makes it a lot easier to understand.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Yeah wow, the mangastream translation makes way more sense.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
not a sentence i thought i would ever read

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

PMush Perfect posted:

This is not a conversation you want to start.

This person probably likes Uraraka/Bakugo shipping fan art.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Hopeford posted:

I had a lot of trouble understanding what the hell Bakugou was saying this chapter, but the mangastream version makes it a lot easier to understand.

"WE'RE GONNA MURDER THE WHOLE SCHOOL! MURDER 'EM WITH MUSIC!"

Yes.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Assuming season 3 of the anime is also 26 episodes (is this confirmed?) how far do you think they'll get? I'd like to think they could fit in enough to get to the License Exam but the idea of the season ending with AfO is Too Good. But also I want anime dorm rooms.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Assuming season 3 of the anime is also 26 episodes (is this confirmed?) how far do you think they'll get? I'd like to think they could fit in enough to get to the License Exam but the idea of the season ending with AfO is Too Good. But also I want anime dorm rooms.

First cour ends with AfO second Cour ends with Deku vs Bakugo round 2/"And so the secret between 2 became the secret between 3"

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

:kimchi:

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

First cour ends with AfO second Cour ends with Deku vs Bakugo round 2/"And so the secret between 2 became the secret between 3"

I think watching Dragon Ball recently broke me and I forgot how fast this series moves in comparison. Yeah you could probably fit the school trip and the hideout raid in one cour.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The lodge attack and Kamino arc easily fit in one cour.

That's why I was wondering if we'd only get one cour. However the time slot and other indicators point towards two cours again. We'll probably end on Midoriya vs Bakugou round two as mentioned if we cover about the same number of chapters as we did before.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

When do you think we'll start hearing more about that movie they teased a while back?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

While AfO defeat is pretty much perfect season finale, I don't see how they could stretch the manga material to end a 2 cour season there without massive amount of filler.

My bet is that we will get license exam in the 2nd cour, with Midoriya vs. Bakugo as the finale and the last episode will cover the rise of villainy as a result of All Might retirement and a stinger for Overhaul, similar to how Interview with Midoriya was the last episode of 2nd season.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rhonne posted:

When do you think we'll start hearing more about that movie they teased a while back?
I thought it'd just be a recap movie but it's sounding like it'll be an original.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Hey, remember how season 2 had their credits sequence based on that fantasy art Horikoshi did? I hope season 3's credits are based on that quirk-swap art he did.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Fabricated posted:

I thought it'd just be a recap movie but it's sounding like it'll be an original.

Didn't they say immediately once it was announced that it'd have a completely original story, and the poster shows a character that hasn't ever appeared in the manga?

Rhonne posted:

Hey, remember how season 2 had their credits sequence based on that fantasy art Horikoshi did? I hope season 3's credits are based on that quirk-swap art he did.

That'd be cool, the RPG-like art ending was great.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Didn't they say immediately once it was announced that it'd have a completely original story, and the poster shows a character that hasn't ever appeared in the manga?

Maybe it will be like those Community clip episodes where the flashbacks are all new material. Or maybe a recap with new girl awkwardly added in.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
It's an original story focusing on the backstory of an "unknown" (read: filler) character.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
a movie with an original story and some random girl on the posters sounds like the naruto movie style. fear the naruto movie style.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The genin-era filler movies were fine in general, just pretty insubstantial being you know, filler.

I'd settle for a really well animated MHA filler movie where the kids all get to show off beating up a movie only mook squad.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
In an era where nothing matters I am a fan of well-animated fluff.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Rhonne posted:

She looks like she's related to Mineta. Or maybe she'll be his love interest

Mineta is the opposite of a refined gentleman. They'll interact but she'll be overtly disgusted with him.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Tsounds like the perfect opportunity for tsome tsundere love

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Lamebot posted:

Mineta is the opposite of a refined gentleman. They'll interact but she'll be overtly disgusted with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ke5JJNZGQ8

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

This person probably likes Uraraka/Bakugo shipping fan art.
I just don't want the thread to turn into shipping arguments.

Kirishima/Bakugo for life.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I do

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Shere posted:

Yeah wow, the mangastream translation makes way more sense.

That said, more accurate or not, Love Lover is far inferior as a villain name to La Brava.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Weird they're sticking with their lovely romanization rather than just changing it to fit the official translation. Viz went with La Brava.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

A little while back I counted the chapters that season 2 covered to do a simple estimate. It puts the end of season 3 as when the All-Might and the faculty go around to the parents to sell the idea of the dorms.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Fowl posted:

A little while back I counted the chapters that season 2 covered to do a simple estimate. It puts the end of season 3 as when the All-Might and the faculty go around to the parents to sell the idea of the dorms.

The conversation between All Might and Deku Mom would be a decent place to end the next season.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Hunt11 posted:

The conversation between All Might and Deku Mom would be a decent place to end the next season.

Or maybe when All Might and Deku have that conversation on the beach?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't believe MangaStream translations are getting better than JB's, that's terrifying.

The JB scans confused the heck out of me with regards to Bakugou's motivation.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Meh, outside of stupid stuff like adding as many swear words as possible and picking weird names for characters (Dogtooth? LoveLover? C'mon), MangaStream isn't any worse than JB and far, far better than MangaPanda. They can clean pages well and the translation makes sense and that's all I really ask of a scanlation.

Buy the official translation. It's honestly the only one that really matters.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Mr. Fowl posted:

1 cour puts us around there, 2 cour would end somewhere around Midoriya vs Bakugou round v2.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
the destro guy has a little mouse on a military patch and overhaul was talking about how quirks could have came from mice? maybe back in the vigilante days there was pro and anti quirk camps? maybe im reading too much into little tiny details

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Fabricated posted:

1 cour puts us around there, 2 cour would end somewhere around Midoriya vs Bakugou round v2.
I hope they put it there, that fight is spectacular, and if it's in the same season as AfO, it'll be the best one yet hands down.

Edit: And it'll make a good contrast with the Muscular fight at the start of the season.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Gentle is exactly the kind of villain I want after some pretty tense gritty stuff leading up to this.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I hope Gentle's plan fails because everyone watching the festival assumes whatever crazy thing he tries is just apart of Class 1-A's show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Rhonne posted:

I hope Gentle's plan fails because everyone watching the festival assumes whatever crazy thing he tries is just apart of Class 1-A's show.

Or he get a lot of views because they think it's part of the show

Everyone wins!