Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Independent from the series' issues regarding Milk's character, I hated the way Super turned Goku into someone that barely understands the concept of marriage and romance just to make some gags.

...Goku thought marriage was a food in DB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
why does goku go SSJ to kiss her cheek

e; furthermore why are you using fanart to try and justify your point

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm still not wholly convinced that Goku knows what sex is even after having two kids.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Kashuno posted:

why does goku go SSJ to kiss her cheek

e; furthermore why are you using fanart to try and justify your point

Thought it was cute. Plus more of the tender moments regarding Milk and Goku are already edited into the video posted by Blaze_Dragon.

Dias posted:

...Goku thought marriage was a food in DB.

Yeah, when he was like ten. By the time Super happens he's spend at least 25 years together with Milk, I find hard to believe he didn't come to see Milk as anything more than someone to provide him with food. Is also a bit jarring when the reveal of Goku's "naiveness" regarding romance happens during the Black arc, since Goku takes Black seriously only after learning he killed Milk and Goten.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

In my Kai rewatch Goku being married/having a kid at all is still played up as a joke tbf. Super is just a lot goofier about it ala how Dragon Ball might have handled it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Thought it was cute. Plus more of the tender moments regarding Milk and Goku are already edited into the video posted by Blaze_Dragon.

...I posted a video?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Yeah, when he was like ten. By the time Super happens he's spend at least 25 years together with Milk, I find hard to believe he didn't come to see Milk as anything more than someone to provide him with food. Is also a bit jarring when the reveal of Goku's "naiveness" regarding romance happens during the Black arc, since Goku takes Black seriously only after learning he killed Milk and Goten.

Its good Goku got mad when Zamasu told him he killed Boobs and Perceiving Heaven

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I know Chichi is Japanese for milk but I have literally never, ever, heard even the biggest anime fans call her Milk.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, I thought I was in the Drag Race thread for a sec til I realized they were talking about Chi Chi ngl.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

multijoe posted:

Ultra-quantifying shonen battles into literal graphs and bar charts seems incredibly lame and the end point of that particularly pedantic power level fan mindset. Does the show do anything to subvert this premise or is it genuinely how fight scenes play out in HxH?

This was more of a thought experiment in training someone. Battles are rarely quantified in this way. The person refused to fight anyone whose high was higher than his low. To the point he'd only think of ways to disengage (instead of how to win) even if the person was around his strength.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Funky Valentine posted:

I'm still not wholly convinced that Goku knows what sex is even after having two kids.

Dr. Slump answers the mystery of how Goku and Chi Chi had kids.

They never touched. It just happened. :ssh:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

esperterra posted:

Yeah, I thought I was in the Drag Race thread for a sec til I realized they were talking about Chi Chi ngl.

I was like "why does this guy think Goku and Ginyu are married"

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Kashuno posted:

I know Chichi is Japanese for milk but I have literally never, ever, heard even the biggest anime fans call her Milk.

Pretty soon fans are gonna call Gohan Rice and Pan Bread!

Edit: almost all of the characters are food puns, so calling one of them the actual food is weird as hell.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Blaze Dragon posted:

...I posted a video?

The Corazon Encantado one.

Kashuno posted:

She's called Milk in Latin America because Chi Chi is slang for boob. :v:

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I thought Ginyu was milk? Was it like, butter, juice, yogurt, whatever a Recoome is...the dairy aisle anyway.

e:nvm answered just now

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Flubby posted:

I thought Ginyu was milk? Was it like, butter, juice, yogurt, whatever a Recoome is...the dairy aisle anyway.

e:nvm answered just now

Ginyu = Milk
Burter = Butter
Jeice = Cheeze
Recoome = Creamer
Guldo = DEAD (Yogurt)

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I hope Kefla is FighterZ DLC, just so we can get Tony Hawk's Pro Kamehameha as a dramatic finish.

Also this spellchecker thing doesn't redline Kamehameha, I'm glad Dragon Ball is in the dictionary.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why are so many people itt so determined to keep making me look at ssj4?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

I hope Kefla is FighterZ DLC, just so we can get Tony Hawk's Pro Kamehameha as a dramatic finish.

Also this spellchecker thing doesn't redline Kamehameha, I'm glad Dragon Ball is in the dictionary.

kamehameha isn't just some fake word toriyama made up

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamehameha_I

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

a cartoon duck posted:

It's not because of Dragon Ball:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamehameha_I

Efb, but to add, go to Hawaii and you'll see references to this everywhere.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I keep forgetting about that Hawaiian king and now I'm just disappointed.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Just wait. Super ends soon

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ssj4 ui vegito

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

eonwe posted:

ssj4 ui vegito

With or without god ki?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Legendary Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Time Breaker Majin Fused Brole Ultra Instinct 4 will be the absolute hit of Hyper Dragonball Heroes

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Ss4 Timebreaker Majin Android 21 Hyper Super Saiyan God Ultra Instinct (Mastered)

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Fact: Vegeta is the prince of all saiyans

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Fact: Vegeta is the prince of all saiyans

Does he carry out his princely duties still? Is he waving to the crowd in a capsule car, challenging powerful warriors whenever the errant twitch of a good shows itself?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Gonna be real awkward when he goes to planet Sadla and finds out it's a democracy.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Dragonball absolute canon:

1. The scientist Bardock invented the moon
2. Goku doesn’t know what sex is and nobody’s sure how he had kids
3. The movies aren’t canon except for if you do the fusion dance wrong you turn into a fat guy. That’s canon.
4. GT isn’t canon, but there is a “Tuffle” named “Baby”. But his story in GT was not canon.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

bardock also invented canon and that's why he's a time traveling super saiyan now

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Bardock is a Toriyama self-insert.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Zil posted:

Bardock is a Toriyama self-insert.

Old, grouchy, exhausted, confused about what time it is, and tripping over the gold paint bucket?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Bardock probably doesn't know who Launch is either.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Black August posted:

Old, grouchy, exhausted, confused about what time it is, and tripping over the gold paint bucket?

With two children he sometimes forgets about and a habit of wiping out the entire population of planets, yes.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I have a question. In all of this alternate timelines expanded universe bullshit Bardock's starred in, does he ever get an interaction with Radditz? Does he even know he has a second son who is not fated to avenge their people?

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

lezard_valeth posted:

I have a question. In all of this alternate timelines expanded universe bullshit Bardock's starred in, does he ever get an interaction with Radditz? Does he even know he has a second son who is not fated to avenge their people?
I'm pretty sure the second Raditz died, Toriyama completely forgot his existence.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

lezard_valeth posted:

Bardock asks him when he will give him a grandson :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gALtfh9tnXA

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Hint: put DT on your ignore list, I haven't regretted it once.

Raserys posted:

You've described a red herring

I don't think that's quite the same thing. Like, nobody thought Krillin was gonna win the ToP with his upgraded solar flare, but it seems reasonable to assume that he'd use his new ability in the ToP at least once. If not, then why even bother introducing it in the first place? It'd be like if in the Saiyan Saga Goku learned the Kaioken and Spirit Bomb, but never used either against Vegeta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Slightly Absurd posted:

Hint: put DT on your ignore list, I haven't regretted it once.

I don't think that's quite the same thing. Like, nobody thought Krillin was gonna win the ToP with his upgraded solar flare, but it seems reasonable to assume that he'd use his new ability in the ToP at least once. If not, then why even bother introducing it in the first place? It'd be like if in the Saiyan Saga Goku learned the Kaioken and Spirit Bomb, but never used either against Vegeta

Or like if Gohan didn't use Icarus against Cell.