Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

icarus was fighting a filler cell jr just off screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

It irks me that there isn’t a name for Vegeta’s blue bullshit mode

Give it a name damnit

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they didn't give the super saiyan 1.5 thing from the cell saga a name either so w/e

prince of all sparkles just seems like that for blue anyway

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
It took a while for Super Saiyan Rage to get a name, and have they ever given Kale's controlled Broly form an official name? I know at some point they called her huge form Berserker, but the only instance of calling it anything was an episode preview that may not have even been more than a reference.

Point is I figure it's only a matter of time before they give it an actual name. Hell, Super Saiyan 2 didn't even have a name until 3 was in the picture. They called it a form beyond Super Sayian Blue, so I just see it as a Blue 2 or whatever.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Help I can't get enough of listening to Limit Break x Survivor as sang by the man whose dulcet tones brought about the most important 30 minutes of my day when I was a child

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Sockser posted:

Give it a name damnit

Royal Blue

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Vegeta now at the Super Saiyan Beyond Super Saiyan Beyond Super Saiyan Beyond Super Saiyan Beyond Super Saiyan Beyond Super Saiyan

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Calaveron posted:

Help I can't get enough of listening to Limit Break x Survivor as sang by the man whose dulcet tones brought about the most important 30 minutes of my day when I was a child

It’s pretty drat loving hype

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Sockser posted:

Give it a name damnit

Super Sparkle Vegeta.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Heroes gave it the name Limit-Breaking Prince. So whatdoyaknow, Vegeta finally gets a non-useless transformation all to himself.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Manatee Cannon posted:

they didn't give the super saiyan 1.5 thing from the cell saga a name either so w/e

What? Yes they did. That was named in-series too. The Vegeta bulky form is Super Saiyan Second Grade, the Trunks one is Super Saiyan Third Grade. Goku namedrops them when he shows them to Gohan in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and points out why they should not use them.

Heroes tends to use "Power Weighted/Stressed" for those forms, apparently, and Supersonic Warriors used Super Saiyan 1.5 for Trunks', not to mention Super Vegeta/Super Trunks (Vegeta actually calls his version Super Vegeta in-series, of course, so that's canon), but Goku's given names for them (I think used in the Daizenshuu as well) are those.

Momomo posted:

It took a while for Super Saiyan Rage to get a name, and have they ever given Kale's controlled Broly form an official name? I know at some point they called her huge form Berserker, but the only instance of calling it anything was an episode preview that may not have even been more than a reference.

Nope. it still lacks a name. Goku calls Kale a "True Legendary Super Saiyan" in the episode preview so DB wiki went with that but we don't have any real names for it. Sadly, due to Broly popularity, Kale has only ever appeared in her base and Berserk states in the usual source for names (Heroes, but also Dokkan Battle).

Also it's Super Saiyan Anger, not Rage. Rage was a mistranslation, the Heroes site writes the form's name in English as "saiya anger" in the URL.

Flytrap posted:

Heroes gave it the name Limit-Breaking Prince. So whatdoyaknow, Vegeta finally gets a non-useless transformation all to himself.

Not quite correct, I'm afraid. "Limit-Breaking Prince" is the name of an ability, not a form. That's the same confusion that led people to think UI -Sign- was called "Limit Breaking Super Saiyan" since Goku's newest card at the time had that ability, but instead it was just that, a transformation ability that let him become Super Saiyan Blue: Kaio-ken x20.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Even Vegeta form is second, so sad.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It's all just super saiyan with different special effects (fireworks/lasers/mirrors etc. as per Hercule's explanation).

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Jesus gently caress Goku you don't have to go Blue to test Krillin
I mean you were already kind of a douche for going regular ss you douche

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

sassassin posted:

It's all just super saiyan with different special effects (fireworks/lasers/mirrors etc. as per Hercule's explanation).

The only real transformation was when Mr. Satan became a God to beat the God of Destruction Beebus.

Calaveron posted:

Krillin was winning against Super Saiyan Goku though. In a fight where strategy matters, Krillin is worlds above Goku with that kind of power difference.

He had literally no chance against Blue though, as 18 points out, no amount of strategy can close THAT gap.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Calaveron posted:

hes either building his confidence or toei is really stupid

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

What? Yes they did. That was named in-series too. The Vegeta bulky form is Super Saiyan Second Grade, the Trunks one is Super Saiyan Third Grade. Goku namedrops them when he shows them to Gohan in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and points out why they should not use them.

goku shows them off but he absolutely does not name them and this second/third grade thing never happens in the manga or the anime so idk where you're getting it from

all they say is that it's a step beyond super saiyan. nobody ever gives it a name

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I’ve heard second grade A LOT but I have no idea where it started

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
All characters are now much much weaker and much much stronger than they used to be. Roshi will fight ten super saiyans at once while Vegeta has to jog across the battlefield with his arms out like he's an aeroplane.

Luckily none of this matters and will have no lasting impact. It's just filler.

The downside of writing scripts based on short outlines instead of full comic books. They have to fill a lot of screentime while having little control over the story.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

lezard_valeth posted:

I have a question. In all of this alternate timelines expanded universe bullshit Bardock's starred in, does he ever get an interaction with Radditz? Does he even know he has a second son who is not fated to avenge their people?

This just broke my brain a little.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So what's the pun on the supreme kais' names, I never looked it up

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Calaveron posted:

So what's the pun on the supreme kais' names, I never looked it up

They're all named after various real-world deities.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

I swear to god I forget raditz even existed

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/herms98/status/966866901409263616

https://twitter.com/herms98/status/966867026034569216

Piccolo is a proud uncle

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sockser posted:

Give it a name damnit

I know it was just a joke in Abridged, but I like how Maximum Over Saiyan sounds.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Super Saiyan That's My Bulma

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's Super Saiyan Blue Sailor Neptune.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
How many episodes are left anyway
Are there enough to do a victory lap ala Z and GT did

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Super Saiyan Big Blue Daba Dee Daba Da

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Calaveron posted:

How many episodes are left anyway
Are there enough to do a victory lap ala Z and GT did

there's 3 or 4 eps left

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

was the break just for this week or was it gonna be longer

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Super Saiyan I just blue myself

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Zil posted:

Super Saiyan I just blue myself

It did end with Vegeta shirtless.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Piccolo is Gohan's dad and a great one at that.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Feb 23, 2018

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Piccolo is Gohan's dad and a great one at that.

Piccolo is the best parent in the series.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

So I'm up to Gero and 21 showing up, and Vegeta's hair is still brown as gently caress 80% of the time. Either I'm misremembering it being always black after the Saiyan saga in OG DBZ, or something about remastering it for Kai has made the brown more noticable in later arcs than it was originally.

This pleases me.

e: also those valentine panels are adorable

e2: also unless they're using it somewhere else for some reason, did Kai seriously cut Vegeta crying himself to SSJ? smdh

esperterra fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Feb 23, 2018

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Zil posted:

Piccolo is the best parent in the series.

He was undeniably #1 until Super, where Vegeta eventually surpassed him by adopting Cabba and the entire U6 saiyan race by extention. Piccolo is World's Best Grandpa though, narrowly edging out newcomer Mr. Satan.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Hjalmar posted:

He was undeniably #1 until Super, where Vegeta eventually surpassed him by adopting Cabba and the entire U6 saiyan race by extention. Piccolo is World's Best Grandpa though, narrowly edging out newcomer Mr. Satan.

Vegeta's team then proceeded to erase the entire U6 saiyan race via eliminating them.

That is a Bad Dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Vegeta's team then proceeded to erase the entire U6 saiyan race via eliminating them.

That is a Bad Dad.

But he'll bring them back.

He erases them with his right arm and wishes them to be unerased with his left. Classic abusive cycle.

stev fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Feb 23, 2018