Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Msg TV over movies IMO. The films don't follow conventional movie structure at all and suffer a lot for it. Also they lack a decent English dub (one exists but it isn't good) and most of the funky music of the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

Msg TV over movies IMO. The films don't follow conventional movie structure at all and suffer a lot for it. Also they lack a decent English dub (one exists but it isn't good) and most of the funky music of the series.

Quite a few of the mobile armors and other opponents of the week don't make it into the movies either. This may be a better conversation for the general Gundam thread, though.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Guy Goodbody posted:

Like, it skips the scene where Kamille and Jerid meet. The thing that sets up all of Kamille's development over the course of the whole story.

Seriously? Jeez that meeting sets up Jerid's development too, which is almost more entertaining. He gets in that one good :iceburn: on the kid and spends the rest of his miserable life paying for it.

Jokes on Kamille bc nobody ever tops the Mk-II color scheme

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

the scene where Kamille and Jerid meet

possibly the greatest scene in history

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Just spent an hour being really upset at the lovely time I was having spraying gray primer. Constant clogs and coming out looking like baby powder on the model, was really annoyed. After I got halfway through the pieces I was priming in gray, I spent 10 seconds thinking about it and realized I should turn up the air pressure and suddenly it's coming out perfectly and I did the rest of the pieces in 15 minutes.

So yeah, if airbrushing is being lovely, actually think about it a bit, and it's probably a super simple fix.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So I've finished my V2 Ver. Ka. The arms will not stay together. This is frustrating.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

punchymcpunch posted:

possibly the greatest scene in history

Yeah but what about :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFrejlT4_9w

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

There's new stuff up on the Bandai Hobby website.

MG Gundam F91 Ver 2.0

May release, 4320 Yen

-LED effects for the chest and backpack.
-The face now has a more animation accurate transforming gimmick. Though it also includes non-transforming alternative head pieces.
-Updated shoulder design has the heat dispersal fin thingies on a swing out arm assembly rather than the 1.0's slide out arrangement.
-Apparently sculpted to fit in more with the design's original F1 motif.

RE/100 Vigna Ghina

June release, 3,456 Yen

-Comes with two different cockpit hatches to choose from.
-All the backpack booster? thingies are on independent hinge joints.

HGUC Galbaldy β

June release, 1620 Yen

-Has a rare elbow swivel joint.
-Removable chest armor plates with a little detail behind.
-Opening beam saber hatches on the shoulders.

The pages for the first 4 and a half SD Cross Silhouettes are up too.
http://bandai-hobby.net/brand/sdcs/

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

That Vigna Ghina :eyepop:

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

StrixNebulosa posted:

That Vigna Ghina :eyepop:

The best robot name I've ever seen.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Needs a support unit named the Pal Huss

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
man that F91 :allears:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Welp I love f91 suits, so I'll be picking them both up. They both look fantastic.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Did suit sizes stay small in victory? Or did they go back to normal?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Kingtheninja posted:

Did suit sizes stay small in victory? Or did they go back to normal?
Basically still smaller suits, but somewhat larger profile due to addons/weapons IIRC.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Since some people were interested a [long] while ago, it seems like the QC issues on the Ziegler were mainly limited to the head on early releases (either as a result of rushed production or last-minute retooling), someone posted a WIP OOB build yesterday of the head & torso and it's looking pretty good:

https://imgur.com/gallery/NJ2r0

As well as an unboxing in Oct.11 that has closeups of the spruesheets:

https://imgur.com/a/aTMWK

Shinier plastic than their older releases though, which I'm sure ACES disapproves of :v:

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Feb 26, 2018

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Ugh I don't need a reminder of the Ziegler, especially now that I just got my tax return. My backlog is already set for the rest of the year basically.

What's the rough price of the Ziegler these days? I remember talking to my local sourcer guy who quoted 450 USD with shipping included.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’m moving across town next week, you guys have any tips for moving a bunch of model kits without having them break apart?

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

I’m moving across town next week, you guys have any tips for moving a bunch of model kits without having them break apart?

Just stack the boxes in your car and go. Or did you mean actual completed models? Because I didn't think those existed

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

Break them down into subassemblies (arm, shoulder, chest, hips, etc.), bubblewrap and bag them. Put any fragile pieces (swords, horns) in a ziploc and transport them in your car, mark box of models as fragile if other people are helping.

Depending on the age of the models they might survive fully assembled, but if they're old enough to say, have balljoint legs there's a sugnificant possibility of those breaking. RIP old people gundams.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Taintrunner posted:

Just wrap them in newspaper and put them in a cardboard box. Some parts will proably come lose, but that's just Gundam models, reassemble whatever came off when you set them up at your destination

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

You mean you don't have a pelican case with foam cut outs? Filthy casual.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

I wrap them in bubble wrap and put them in plastic grocery bags.

anything that's too big and unwiedly, like the freedom's wings or something, wrap separately.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's all great help, thanks a ton guys.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

The Gunmetal paint from Vallejo Mecha line is *chef kissing fingers noise* perfect. Great internal frame color if you’re not doing any kind of weathering IMO. I think I’ll be going through a lot of these. It is metallic though, dunno if that’s a negative for anyone.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
Is there a meaningful difference between Testor's "Wet Look" and "Glosscoat"? I also got "Clear Sealer - Glitter" on the assumption that it'll have a bit of a glittery look to it.

Haven't gotten a chance to test any of them out due to winter weather.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Zoids!

https://twitter.com/takaratomytoys/status/968313783952248832

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Zoids!

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Between my MGs and finishing up my PG Phenex I slapped together this guy as a pallet cleanser. It's pretty cool so far.

https://i.imgur.com/ZRx4GOZ.jpg

Azubah fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Feb 27, 2018

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
dat turtle

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

...Why are they mini-mechs with external riders? :nallears:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Might have something to do with synergizing with Kotobukiya's Hexagear line, which features Zoids-scale (I think) riders with full posability. I actually have one of them (the riders) preordered on HLJ, but it's not coming out til may:

https://hlj.com/product/KBYHG-021

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Azubah posted:

Between my MGs and finishing up my PG Phenex I slapped together this guy as a pallet cleanser. It's pretty cool so far.

drat, I'm still waiting for mine. Also your BB code is broken. Try this: https://i.imgur.com/ZRx4GOZ.jpg

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Dammit, I quoted myself instead of edit. The mobile app isn't very fun.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It wasn't that the bbcode was broken, you just had timg tags around a gallery link instead of around an actual image link.

You have to right click, copy image location if you want to paste into img tags.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That gabaldi looks neat. You can definitely tell it's a zeta design, blocky as all hell with giant forearms.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

EVGA Longoria posted:

The Gunmetal paint from Vallejo Mecha line is *chef kissing fingers noise* perfect. Great internal frame color if you’re not doing any kind of weathering IMO. I think I’ll be going through a lot of these. It is metallic though, dunno if that’s a negative for anyone.

I assume it's the same but stronger as the normal model air and it comes out great.

The actual metal air line is also pretty amazing. The dark aluminum looks exactly as it sounds.

I want to try the gold and bronze ones but my local hobby never has them in stock. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person buying thatine from them.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

So the wife and I spent a weekend in Paris. This was the result;

Turns out that unlike London, Paris has quite a few stores that stock Gunpla, and it's cheaper than mail order, although evidently far more dangerous to the wallet (although in my defense one of the HGs is for her, not me).

Here's the obligatory shot of our backlog, mine being the right hand side (and the VF-1A which is still scaring me), her's on the left; Nowhere near what it could (should?) be...

And the currently finished ones, from the last 12 months;

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
What sort of prices do you get in Paris? Was thinking of going anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

There's a preorder up for Bandai's super minipla gaogaigar for 11 bucks

https://www.amazon.com/King-of-Braves-Gaogaigar/dp/B01M32LIUU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8