Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

Has TFS done the needful?

They stopped doing the minishorts of DB Super :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

esperterra posted:

w/e financial reasons Toei may have for giving the slot up, I wonder if Hiromi Tsuru's death caused some issues, as well. She was one of the younger OG cast members, but a lot of the VA are ancient and I can imagine starting to worry about what happens if Nozawa were to pass while the show was running. Like what do you even do there? Switching to a new Goku/Gohan/Goten immediately would be loving bizarre. It would have been bizarre with Bulma, too, but the timing worked out in some morbid stroke of luck where they had a long-rear end stretch of episodes she wasn't going to be in anyway.

also idk maybe Toriyama's bored and they have no outlines left.

Yeah, I didn't want to say it, but I think Tsuru's death spooked them.

Kild posted:

They stopped doing the minishorts of DB Super :(

Laaaaaaaaaame.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Feb 28, 2018

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Toei isn’t giving up the timeslot, they produce Kitaro as well

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Toei isn’t giving up the timeslot, they produce Kitaro as well

Oh, I didn't mean giving it up to a non Toei show just DBS giving up the slot to bring in something else to give them more $$$$, isn't it a super big anniversary for Kitaro? I'd imagine it's a big deal. I worded it badly!

e: unrelated but,

lol

esperterra fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Feb 28, 2018

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Barry Kahn showing up in DBS was the most mind-blowing callback I've ever seen.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Calaveron posted:

Nozawa dies, Goku now has a super deep voice and none in the Son clan has the same voice

replace "dies" with "retires" and "super deep" with "not a screaming grandma" and this would be ideal yes

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Yinlock posted:

replace "dies" with "retires" and "super deep" with "not a screaming grandma" and this would be ideal yes

It's weird at first, but grandma goku makes the show.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I can't imagine Goku as anyone else. She's still great idc how old she sounds.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I've grown to appreciate Goku, but all her other characters (other than Black obviously) still sound pretty bad. She straight up should not have been anyone but Goku.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Momomo posted:

I've grown to appreciate Goku, but all her other characters (other than Black obviously) still sound pretty bad. She straight up should not have been anyone but Goku.

Black was so perfect.

I don't mind her Gohan, but it's been really samey compared to Goku for most of Super. Been a while since I watched Z in Japanese but I remember them being more distinct idk.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Goten and Black sound distinct enough, and Bardock is fine because he'll never interact with any other Goku-types, but if I were running the show there'd definitely be a different VA for Gohan.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I know I'm a little late but I want to also support the idea that Nozawa was at her absolute best as Goku Black.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Get a normal adult man for Goku but keep Nozawa for black because yeah you can tell she was having the time of her life being a soft spoken person INSTEAD TATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Pollyanna posted:

Yeah, I didn't want to say it, but I think Tsuru's death spooked them.

Kitaro was undoubtedly in production before Tsuru died. This has to have been the plan for a while.

Also Masako Nozawa also voices a character in Gegege no Kitaro, so I doubt this has anything to do with voice actors.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Feb 28, 2018

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

drilldo squirt posted:

It's weird at first, but grandma goku makes the show.

japan's most powerful grandmas are lining up around the block to become the next son goku

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

We need a get out god and get out blue now.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Can someone post a full shot of Goku’s new gi from Heroes? Searching doesn’t turn up anything but the one with the black pants.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Reinanigans posted:

Can someone post a full shot of Goku’s new gi from Heroes? Searching doesn’t turn up anything but the one with the black pants.

This is the best I can get from DB wiki.

Reinbach
Jan 28, 2009
If any new content isn't about beard goku and beard vegita fusing into double beard vegito what is the point?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

It seems like Britney Spears has been posting a buttload of art on Instagram from her son who is a ginormous DBZ fan, like holy cow you don't even know man.

She's all 'oh look at the thing my son made!' and it's a five year old's rendition of a mastered Ultra Instinct Goku of all thing, that tyke keeps up with the rest of us goombas, warms this cold dead heart of mine :gbsmith:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Momomo posted:

I've recently watched the Bardock special in Japanese and it did feel out of place there.

e: out of curiosity, was the Bardock special originally aired before or after the Frieza saga? Cause man is it a great set up for how monstrously strong Frieza was.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 28, 2018

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Did she play Raditz?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Did she play Raditz?

No, Raditz is the one male member of Goku's family that gets another VA, making it even more clear how little he matters.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
If they ever put Goku's mom on the TV I want her to be voiced by a deep voiced throaty VA

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

hatchi matchi

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

MasterSlowPoke posted:

hatchi matchi

El Calvo Sherman!

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

MasterSlowPoke posted:

HATCH HATCH HATCH HATCH HATCHI MATCHI

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

"You're right, Vegeta. This form... IT STINKS"

*goes full MUI*

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I never really questioned Nozawa's take on Goku. I admit it was weird hearing his Japanese voice for the first time, but I just rolled with it, and after a while he just sounded a rowdy guy with a high register to me.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I'm pretty fond of Nozawa, but my mutant Dragon Ball exposure growing up meant I got a little bit of everything, so she doesn't seem weird to me

I actually REALLY like her when she's voicing an especially exhausted Goku, and Black was probably the most fun she'll be allowed to have with the guy

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Momomo posted:

Her Dukemon is on point.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rudoku posted:

Her Dukemon is on point.

I admit, it was really disappointing getting to Dukemon in Cyber Sleuth and hearing Dukemon's clearly male voice. And especially, the lack of "Kono Dukemon!" as first person pronoun.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

I admit, it was really disappointing getting to Dukemon in Cyber Sleuth and hearing Dukemon's clearly male voice. And especially, the lack of "Kono Dukemon!" as first person pronoun.

To be fair, at least there that is literally not the same character.

Like not even close to the same UNIVERSE

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Burkion posted:

To be fair, at least there that is literally not the same character.

Like not even close to the same UNIVERSE

But Omegamon has the same two Adventure voices. Hell, Cyber Sleuth has a bunch of Adventure references. I expected at least similar love for Tamers, but no.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Yeah I was talking about all the Gokus, she should totally play characters in other shows.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

But Omegamon has the same two Adventure voices. Hell, Cyber Sleuth has a bunch of Adventure references. I expected at least similar love for Tamers, but no.

Ahahahaha

If you think quality is going to outstrip nostalgia boy are you going to be disappointed

I guess that explains Tri

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
goku and vegeta's ROF costumes/gear are the best they have ever looked

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

tbp posted:

goku and vegeta's ROF costumes/gear are the best they have ever looked

Yeah, I was disappointed when Vegeta went back to his old armour and didn't keep wearing the dope suit Bulma made for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

lezard_valeth posted:

I've recently watched the Bardock special in Japanese and it did feel out of place there.

e: out of curiosity, was the Bardock special originally aired before or after the Frieza saga? Cause man is it a great set up for how monstrously strong Frieza was.

it aired in october 1990 and the manga goku/freeza fight started in january 1991