Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Nodosaur posted:

Vegito doesn't have a "particular niche" if he has absolutely no flaws at all. It just makes him broken.

Exactly. That is why Vegetto didn't last on Z (or why his appearance in Super cheapened him) he was supposed to be completely broken.

Steve2911 posted:

Other than the earrings, you do realise that they're the same thing right?

The fact that there are two different methods of fusion available to the main cast is already dumb enough as it is without shipping the two different results.

Well, the way it was handled during Z (and later GT) was that using the potara earrings lead to a "perfect fusion" of sorts with the only downside being the fact it was permanent.

While using the fusion dance has the clear weaknesses of being restricted by a time limit and later being added the fact that the more powerful the fusion is, the less time it lasts.

As of Super though, yeah, both are essentially the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

esperterra posted:

Series about Goku having nobody left to fight and going through a mid life crisis please

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-Punch_Man

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rhonne posted:

If Goku becomes stronger than everyone in existence, then what does he have to live for?

He’ll surpass himself thanks to the multi-form technique

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also the fusion dance gives you weird abilities that are often straight-up magic, like gotenks' donut or gogeta's fairy dust

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

す...すごい
孫 悟空 ブランコ

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Yinlock posted:

also the fusion dance gives you weird abilities that are often straight-up magic, like gotenks' donut or gogeta's fairy dust

Fusion doesn't give you magic, fusions give you a bombastic personalty and makes you more creative! Ki works like a green lantern ring, the more creative you are the flashier your techneques. The heroes of dragonball are just lame and dumb, so they can't think of anything better than a huge beam. They are the John Stewart of green lanterns.

Only villains and fusions unlock the true creative power of Ki. Like Goku Black and his awesome Ki scythe. Vegita briefly unlocked his creativity when his mind was made evil by Babidi, but he lost this power when he became good again:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Rutibex posted:

They are the Hal Jordan of green lanterns.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I imagine what going to happen with Frieza is Goku defeats Jiren, and Jiren demends Goku rings him out, but Goku refuses to let him and his universe be killed by that action. At that point Frieza either kills or rings out Jiren, killing Universe 11. That point Frieza probably going to get killed for good by Goku or Zero depending on what happened.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
That would make Goku seem like the worst since he dealt the final blow to two Universes.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
goku

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Justin_Brett posted:

That would make Goku seem like the worst since he dealt the final blow to two Universes.

So it'd be like Goku being Goku

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Rhonne posted:

If Goku becomes stronger than everyone in existence, then what does he have to live for?

i dunno maybe he could train someone to become as strong as he is

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Lessail posted:

i dunno maybe he could train someone to become as strong as he is

Uub blanco

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rutibex posted:

Fusion doesn't give you magic, fusions give you a bombastic personalty and makes you more creative! Ki works like a green lantern ring, the more creative you are the flashier your techneques. The heroes of dragonball are just lame and dumb, so they can't think of anything better than a huge beam. They are the John Stewart of green lanterns.

Only villains and fusions unlock the true creative power of Ki. Like Goku Black and his awesome Ki scythe. Vegita briefly unlocked his creativity when his mind was made evil by Babidi, but he lost this power when he became good again:

Vegetto impales Super Buu on a ki beam/blade and lifts him at one point, too.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Where is Golden Frieza on the power scale compared to everyone else at this point? Is he comparable to Vegeta?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

a neat cape posted:

Where is Golden Frieza on the power scale compared to everyone else at this point? Is he comparable to Vegeta?

Vegeta might now be stronger than him with Prince of All Sparkles

Regular SSJ Blue Freezer is stronger than, we have no basis for how he stands against Kaioken or Sparkles

Basically, top 3

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

How come Goku flashes his dick all the time in Dragonball

but we never get to see his hog in Z?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Bulma finally taught him to stop exposing himself.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's all for Chi Chi.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Sockser posted:

we do in the hyperbolic time chamber with gohan and again with goten

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Rhonne posted:

He'll teach the two Zenos the fusion dance.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Kild posted:

we do in the hyperbolic time chamber with gohan and again with goten

Yeah I was about to say Gohan is naked a lot in early Z.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sockser posted:

What do you think the Kamehameha is?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Goku was almost certainly going to surpass Beerus before the end of Super and hey, it’s the end of Super.

The cat god was already pretty nervous about stacking Blue with Kaioken, he’s still got his hakai going for him but he’s gotta start hitting the gym like the rest if he wants to stay relevant

He wasn't nervous though!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Goku has learned to keep the Gotens away, he's learned that much as a grownup

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

He wasn't nervous though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_AL3FtVO34&t=98s

He was

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

He's mad Goku didn't use the Kaioken when they were fighting.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010

Burkion posted:

Vegeta might now be stronger than him with Prince of All Sparkles

Regular SSJ Blue Freezer is stronger than, we have no basis for how he stands against Kaioken or Sparkles

Basically, top 3

Top Tier: MUI Goku and Jiren
2nd Tier: Sparkle Vegeta, KK+SSB Goku, Kefla, GoD Toppo, Incomplete UI Goku
3rd Tier: SSB Goku/Vegeta, Golden Frieza, 17

Sparkle Vegeta and KK+SSB Goku are presented as equivalent in the fight against Jiren, though Golden Frieza is one-shotted. If anything, Sparkle Vegeta beating GoD Toppo shows a higher ceiling than KK+SSB Goku but of course, Goku has since surpassed that with UI. Incomplete UI Goku also appears to be "better" than KK+SSB considering he could compete with Jiren at all but it's similar to the Super Trunks form where it has more of one thing but less of another, so it will never be seen again.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

He's mad Goku didn't use the Kaioken when they were fighting.

He's visibly sweating while he says that

He fake scoffs too, he's clearly nervous

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Always knew Vegeta was into the kinky poo poo.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Exactly. That is why Vegetto didn't last on Z (or why his appearance in Super cheapened him) he was supposed to be completely broken.

So do you agree he needs a limitation or not, and if so, why is "Buu's poo gas did it" less cheap/stupid than "he runs out of time/power"?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Hey guys heard you like GT in here

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Always knew Vegeta was into the kinky poo poo.

He learned it from Bulma. :heysexy:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Nodosaur posted:

So do you agree he needs a limitation or not, and if so, why is "Buu's poo gas did it" less cheap/stupid than "he runs out of time/power"?

Vegetto doesn't need limitations, if you want a fusion with limitations just use Gogeta.

Buu loving up with the fusion is contrived bullshit just so the writers don't have to deal with a broken protagonist but is acceptable enough both because Buu is a being that defies logic on the regular and is just one, so that is not a way to separate Vegetto that can be used all the time. Amusing as the idea of the Z warriors carrying Buu around just to separate potara fusions can be.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I wish they had kept potara permanent, but then we wouldn't get the hype of Vegetto Blue or Kefla existing so

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Vegetto doesn't need limitations, if you want a fusion with limitations just use Gogeta.

Buu loving up with the fusion is contrived bullshit just so the writers don't have to deal with a broken protagonist but is acceptable enough both because Buu is a being that defies logic on the regular and is just one, so that is not a way to separate Vegetto that can be used all the time. Amusing as the idea of the Z warriors carrying Buu around just to separate potara fusions can be.

vegetto is just a really strong dude, he's not an invincible superbeing

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

This is Dragon Ball dude, even in the hypothetical scenario where they never unfused opponents would just be arbitrarily stronger to be a challenge for him because that's how this shonen poo poo works.

The real reason they unfused is that the great comedy duo of Goku and Vegeta doesn't work if they're both the same person. That's it.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

esperterra posted:

Yeah I was about to say Gohan is naked a lot in early Z.

I was talking about Goku being naked

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Also yeah Vegetto being strong af during Buu doesn't mean he's invincible now that the power scale is so much higher imo. He's still hella strong b/c he's Goku and Vegeta fused but I don't think he was ever meant to be invincible.

e: only kids are alowed to be naked, clearly ^^

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Zil posted:

He learned it from Bulma. :heysexy:

:v:

ZenVulgarity posted:

Hey guys heard you like GT in here

I do :colbert:

Yinlock posted:

vegetto is just a really strong dude, he's not an invincible superbeing

This is universe where being really strong is enough to qualify to be a god so.