Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Bardock and Broly get new Dramatic Finishers

Oh neat so they are going for the one punch dramatic finish. I honestly though they were gonna go with the family Kamehameha finish.

Bout time we got another villan dramatic finish. (Nappa is the only one that comes to mind)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Wasn't he in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber for a while back in DB, too?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Shindragon posted:

Oh neat so they are going for the one punch dramatic finish. I honestly though they were gonna go with the family Kamehameha finish.

Bout time we got another villan dramatic finish. (Nappa is the only one that comes to mind)

http://www.shonengamez.com/2018/03/16/gokus-mircle-blow-more-revealed-for-fighterz-in-this-months-v-jump/

Wait, so those happen when you win the fight with Bardock or Broly? :psyduck:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I think those happen if you beat Broly or Bardock against those specific characters. Maybe if you lose too?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Wait, no Yamcha-esque subvertion of expectations with Bardock sending Freeza's attack back at him or anything like that? Because c'mon.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

goku's age is goku

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Aging in heaven would be horrific if you think about it

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Goku does not age

Goku has stages

You either have Small Goku or Tall Goku

Now Tall Goku can have subsets- Swole Goku, Yellow Goku, not Goku, Furry Goku

Small Goku also has subsets- Naked Goku, Tail Goku, No Tail Goku, Furry Goku

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Burkion posted:

Goku does not age

Goku has stages

You either have Small Goku or Tall Goku

Now Tall Goku can have subsets- Swole Goku, Yellow Goku, not Goku, Furry Goku

Small Goku also has subsets- Naked Goku, Tail Goku, No Tail Goku, Furry Goku

You should call a doctor to see what Goku is the right Goku for you.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

You should call a doctor to see what Goku is the right Goku for you.

Side effects may include:
Death
Physical Trauma
Sudden unexplained muscular hypertrophy
Sudden changes in eye and hair pigmentation
Resurrection
Mood swings

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Side effects may include:
Death
Physical Trauma
Sudden unexplained muscular hypertrophy
Sudden changes in eye and hair pigmentation
Resurrection
Mood swings

Being Goku's friend.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Appearntly in the recent super chapter. Frost eliminates 9 fighters before being taken out by Freeza, most of Universe 9, Krillin and Tien. Before before Freeza takes him out. Freeza then eliminates the Trio de Dangers finishing Universe 9.

Also a few others are eliminated but I am not sure who.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Appearntly in the recent super chapter. Frost eliminates 9 fighters before being taken out by Freeza, most of Universe 9, Krillin and Tien. Before before Freeza takes him out. Freeza then eliminates the Trio de Dangers finishing Universe 9.

Also a few others are eliminated but I am not sure who.

Manga Frost sounds way better then what we got in the anime. Does he get erased trying to blast Frieza after getting eliminated in this version too?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Doesn't seem to be. I wonder if other antagonists will get more wins this arc.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rhonne posted:

Manga Frost sounds way better then what we got in the anime. Does he get erased trying to blast Frieza after getting eliminated in this version too?

No clue.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

No final kamehameha no deal

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Wasn't he in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber for a while back in DB, too?

Mr Popo said that happened in DBZ, but he was a retcon. Goku never actually used the time chamber in Dragonball.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Rutibex posted:

Mr Popo said that happened in DBZ, but he was a retcon. Goku never actually used the time chamber in Dragonball.

I mean he trained at the outlook for three years didn't he? From the end of one tournament to the next so who's to say he didn't spend a weekday or two in there

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Calaveron posted:

I mean he trained at the outlook for three years didn't he? From the end of one tournament to the next so who's to say he didn't spend a weekday or two in there

Popo said that, is the thing.

He tried, he was just too weak and couldn't do anything in there

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I thought he tried it as a kid and couldn’t make it even a month and left, which is why I didn’t count it.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

yeah basically he was in the time chamber for like 30mins IRL time.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

yo idk if this was posted but whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy the gently caress has this not come to the US this loving owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtLOyYnoWkw

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why is there a big rear end sharingan under the screen?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Why is there a big rear end sharingan under the screen?

so human eyes can follow the intense high-speed action, obviously

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Good soup! posted:

yo idk if this was posted but whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy the gently caress has this not come to the US this loving owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtLOyYnoWkw

Who will win:
A fully equipped orchestra, filled with trained musicians, playing a score by one of Japan's most respected and prolific TV and Film composers.
vs.
one synthy boi

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Bruce Faulconer 'hasn't had a composer credit since 2013 so I think the orchaestra wins by default

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Rutibex posted:

Didn't Popo refer to the Hyperbolic room as the Pendulum room at one point? In other words, somehow there's a connection between the Room of Spirit and Time and the Room of Time from filler in Dragon Ball.

Total fanwank retcon but sorta makes kinda makes more sense than having multiple weird timespace-warp dimension rooms up on the lookout.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

That's FUNi thinking you can't handle Hyperbolic Time Chamber.

Anyways
https://www.facebook.com/ArmandoCabadaOficial/?hc_ref=ARRUROwi38giIue8WoXiS9IxFUNahyKyhCBcTFKjlfBrb1Te0ldW-mM3cZs6M9E4vyE&fref=nf
Armando Cabada has obtained the rights to legally do the public screening in Plaza X in Ciudad Juarez.

https://twitter.com/MrOppaiSenpai/status/974835059206344704
San Salvador is so good to go for the event that they are having shuttles take people to cheer for Goku.

https://twitter.com/MinerosFc/status/974809545619816449
From the Mineros, second-league Mexican soccer team that'll screen after their game today:
"When they want to treat you like Mr Satan
When they realize you have Ultra Instinct"

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I hope there are recordings of those public screenings. :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I hope the episode ends with Goku seemingly knocked out, and that people cry on the streets irl.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

gently caress man
Seeing entire goddamn countries being this hype for dragonball

Its comforting, and filling me with a childish giddiness I havent felt in a while.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

There's going to be one 40 minutes from my home, if I wasn't sick I would go watch it.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
I hope there'll be reaction videos.

I'm hype for this penultimate episode. Didn't think I'd be so into Dragonball in 2018, yet here we are.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

TheKingofSprings posted:

If there’s one thing I won’t miss about Super it’s the making GBS threads on Gohan

To be fair, at least Gohan seems to be getting some revenge with his new pal, Freeza.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I am super concerned this next couple episodes is going to feel wicked rushed

https://twitter.com/Tuzos/status/974832240621441024?s=20

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
You get a BLANCO, you get a BLANCO

and you?

YOU GET A BLANCO BEARD.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I am super concerned this next couple episodes is going to feel wicked rushed

Its going to have to be, the fight isn't even over and they have left themselves almost zero time for the wish and wrap up. We are definitely not going to have time to see all the teams returning to their universes (assuming they get wished back). I doubt we will even get a recap of what Goten and Trunks have been up to on that island :(

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I hope the episode ends with Goku seemingly knocked out, and that people cry on the streets irl.

There will be actual riots and it will own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Rutibex posted:

Its going to have to be, the fight isn't even over and they have left themselves almost zero time for the wish and wrap up. We are definitely not going to have time to see all the teams returning to their universes (assuming they get wished back). I doubt we will even get a recap of what Goten and Trunks have been up to on that island :(

These next two episodes are going to be huge disappointments and I fear there will be rioting in Latin American streets.