Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbCKFAJi69o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The new manga chapter is out and Krillin and Tien get clowned even harder than in the show lmao

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapter/dragon-ball-super-chapter-34/6693?read=1

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I ain't no sort of Spanish guy, but I can gather most of what's going on here, look how big the gatherings were, here's some text, here's some memes

But one of those memes features Wade from Kick Buttowski, a disney channel cartoon from the late 2000s. Is Kick Buttowski mysteriously popular in Latin America as well?
Or is this a Shaggy Rojo thing?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

IcePhoenix posted:

The new manga chapter is out and Krillin and Tien get clowned even harder than in the show lmao

Anime ToP: Even "weak" fighters can do some cool stuff! Krillin's the first to fall from U7 but he still looks pretty good and earns the respect of Beerus.

Manga ToP: Lol Tien, Roshi, and Krillin are weak. I'm going to further prove this by having Frost take out 2 of the 3 almost immediately and shrug off Tien's most powerful move. This is good writing. When can Goku start doing things?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Honestly Krillin and Tien being bait for Freeza to pull some sneaky poo poo is better than the weak filler poo poo they got in the show. Former is interesting and snappy, and it's not like Tien got a good showing even when he "did" something.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
So through a dream I saw how the last episode of Super ends

The whole tournament is a front, nobody died, every universe that’s been “erased” is just brainwashed to work at Grand Priest’s summer home and U7 finds out through some quick detective work

There’s your cliffhanger

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
On the one hand it makes sense not everyone is gonna get a whole chapter to themselves in a condensed manga. On the other, Krillin didn’t deserve that.

And “Teamwork is their gimmick”? Universe 7 never stood a chance.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Honestly, if you're going to job someone, at least job them to somebody relevant. Krillin getting sneak-ganked by Frost helped build him up as a conniving lurker who isn't resting on his laurels this time, and that made it more relevant when he went after Roshi (who had also been built up in the episodes prior, making for a smart match with both competitors having momentum going in). This booking, on the other hand, is poo poo, because Frost gets the W only to be chumped in seconds. Its 2015 Royal Rumble levels of bad booking, plain and simple.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Huh, this one's spelled correctly. Weird, considering...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctFtu1InDvk&t=12s

Here he's "Barduck". My favourite duck.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
:lol: If you think Krillin getting chumped literally on the 2nd panel right after the ToP starts better homage to the character than what the anime did

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Toriyama really wants to be done with this manga, doesn't he?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im just glad yamcha and yoshi are getting a fusion

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

Uh, what? Toriyama isn't doing anything with the manga.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I like Krillin and Tien but having U7 going down early and having to fight from behind makes way more sense for dramatic tension.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Mordaedil posted:

Uh, what? Toriyama isn't doing anything with the manga.

Both wrong, Toyotaro is drawing and planning most of it with input from Toriyama

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Knocking Frost out early seems like a bigger waste.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

RealFoxy posted:

Toyotarou decides how things in the manga work and this is no different from how he usually does things, it's Goku Time all the time. Here he was forced to use other characters, which likely greatly disgusts him, so he's doing his best to remove them quickly so he can focus on Goku and only Goku again, as it must be.

Remember the Future Trunks arc in the manga was entirely about Goku, with Trunks having no role beyond enabling the plot through time travel and healing Goku so Goku could Goku.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Imagine if the first episode of the ToP had just knocked them both out along with some filler offscreen, and we got more cool finale fightmans instead

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

seiferguy posted:

Knocking Frost out early seems like a bigger waste.

Exactly. Even as a Krillin fan, I'd be fine with this if it set up a Frost iron man run. As is, all of the U9 fighters he took out already fill the role Krillin and Tien didn't need to fill.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
As opposed to the anime, where the equivalent of this was Goku and Vegeta effortlessly destroying Universe 9, and all the other episodes this arc where Goku had to appear even if he made the plot worse.

Or the chapter before this which had a lot of characters besides Goku doing things.

Or the same arc you keep bitching about which let Vegeta actually decisively beat Black which the anime didn't let him do.

But no Toyotaro's a dirty fanboy of the main character, please despise him like I do!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Krillin's a dumb rear end in a top hat idiot who only exists to get chumped and make the actual relevant fighters mad and good

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Why does Tien exist then?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

Why does Tien exist then?

Used to be to punch above his weight class and generally stand around.

In the anime it's to generally stand around, help take a few guys out and then get chumped because he was being too honorable or some poo poo.

In the manga it's

They really didn't want to use him in the manga

EDIT: Like here's the problem with this in particular. Krillin getting chumped, sure fine whatever. Tien getting chumped, fine sure. Arguably neither got stronger than Freeza was on Namek. But Frost ignoring the Tri Beam is total bullshit because Frost sure as gently caress isn't stronger than Cell, and that was Tien's one claim to relevancy. Unless Tien just wasn't really loving trying, it's pure and simple bad writing and bad handling.

And honestly Krillin would do a lot better against Frost in a straight fight too. Frost pretty much had to pick Krillin off the way he did in the anime for it to make any sense.

Burkion fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Mar 20, 2018

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
i like it when goku punches

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

sassassin posted:

Fusion is a terrible dead end technique and this tournament has proved that pretty conclusively.

4 guys beats 4 guys joined together every time.

Kale and Caulifla working together could not defeat SSG Goku. When fused they were powerful enough to push Goku to UI, and they were still possibly stronger than him, just slower.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

IcePhoenix posted:

Lol at people itt who expected the manga to be better than the anime despite mountains of evidence otherwise.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Lol at people itt who expected the manga to be better than the anime despite mountains of evidence otherwise.
You say that like Krillin and Tien getting clowned is bad. It's their rightful place in the series.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Saagonsa posted:

Kale and Caulifla working together could not defeat SSG Goku. When fused they were powerful enough to push Goku to UI, and they were still possibly stronger than him, just slower.

This does not go against your point, just wanting to be pedantic and clarify

Kale was easily stronger than SSJ God Goku in her perfected state, she's solidly around the SSJ Blue level of power and could potentially be even stronger on her own because of who and what she is

Caulifla sadly tapped out of that fight when Goku went SSJ2 and was just kept in there by her best sis and future wife.

Kefla is easily number three on the power scale though, ignoring hypothetical Vegitos. UI Sign Goku couldn't hurt her at all with his attacks, he just caught her off guard with some sick nasty moves. In a straight fight, Jiren at full power and actual UI Goku are about the only ones that could take Kefla 1 V 1

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Burkion posted:

Kale was easily stronger than SSJ God Goku in her perfected state, she's solidly around the SSJ Blue level of power and could potentially be even stronger on her own because of who and what she is

Well, right now maybe not stronger than regular SSG but definitely at least as strong. Agree on the potential though.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I feel this is worth pointing out: Kale's perfected, True Legendary, whatever state? Dokkan Battle gave it a name.

It's Super Saiyan 2. That's Kale's Super Saiyan 2.

Now imagine how brutal she'd be if she managed to get out of the numbered Super Saiyan forms.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

I feel this is worth pointing out: Kale's perfected, True Legendary, whatever state? Dokkan Battle gave it a name.

It's Super Saiyan 2. That's Kale's Super Saiyan 2.

Now imagine how brutal she'd be if she managed to get out of the numbered Super Saiyan forms.

I"m going to keep ignoring that in favor of the much better TRUE Legendary SSJ because gently caress Broly

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Burkion posted:

I"m going to keep ignoring that in favor of the much better TRUE Legendary SSJ because gently caress Broly

That's still gently caress Broly though, since it's outright stating that the Legendary form is below Super Saiyan 2 (which was also true in the first movie, but by the second he can beat a SS2...though that SS2 is Buu Saga Gohan, so how much that counts is debatable).

It also breaks from Broly's own transformation chain, where he was always bulky and eyeless despite getting to higher Super Saiyan levels (3, 4, and then his own version of God/Blue in Broly God). Kale gets bulky but not extremely so and is back to clearly being normal and extremely powerful for her relative level.

Man, all of that just makes me wish we get more Universe 6, I want to see the three U6 Saiyans breaking that SS2 limit and getting the higher forms too. It's interesting that they all capped at Super Saiyan 2, though.

Also Goku and Vegeta look badass in (one of?) the Heroes manga.

This is after Super Saiyan 4, so their clothes didn't regenerate, unlike GT. A good change.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Lol people who poo poo on Tien exit in the anime contorting themselves to say him jobbing to a boring character is cool and good.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Krillin's role in the story is to last just long enough in an arc that his death affects you.

Him getting eliminated by a dude who also gets eliminated 5 minutes later is a waste of both. You fucks.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Krillin deserves so much better, Tien can continue to get hosed.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Shinjobi posted:

Krillin's role in the story is to last just long enough in an arc that his death affects you.

Him getting eliminated by a dude who also gets eliminated 5 minutes later is a waste of both. You fucks.

But Frost is so interesting, I mean he is basically just Frieza now In an arc that already has a Frieza but that is interesting, somehow.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Having Frost skulk around for a bit only to get tricked by what is essentially a cooler, smarter version of himself is a much more satisfying end than "look he kicked a dude, oh wait now he has been kicked"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Also generally you use jobbing to establish threat, so you pick a powerful character like hit to set the stakes, not Tien and Krillin.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Rhjamiz posted:

Having Frost skulk around for a bit only to get tricked by what is essentially a cooler, smarter version of himself is a much more satisfying end than "look he kicked a dude, oh wait now he has been kicked"

I thought it was a nice mirror to Vegeta mentoring Cabba and Goku fight-playing with Caulifla, too.

"Hey, can you use this cool new form?"
"drat right!"
"Good job, chump me! Lesson one, it sucks, and lesson two, never think you're Lord Frieza."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

This is the exit Tien deserves

Shame about Krillin though

Andrast fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Mar 20, 2018