Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
That saiyan is Yamoshi

Tien is also Yamoshi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Andrast posted:

Krillin is a better character than goku

For sure.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Abridged Tien is pretty rad

Regular Tien is pretty lame

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Dragon Ball 2018 Movie: UI Goku vs SS4 Goku

Do it Toei

Do it for Mexico

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

lezard_valeth posted:

Do it Toei

Do it for Mexico

Nobody wants that GT garbage

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Sockser posted:

Abridged Tien is pretty rad

Regular Tien is pretty lame

Cocky DB Tien good. Stoic DBZ Tien okay.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

my dad works for dragonball and he told me its double broly

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Andrast posted:

Nobody wants that GT garbage

Honestly I'd pay to see that.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

lezard_valeth posted:

Do it Toei

Do it for Mexico

:allears:

But seriously, a lot of people are speculating this will adapt SSJ4 in the same way Kale adapted Broly.

That said, the wristbands and armor look a lot like Saiyan armor

Green Saiyan armor to be exact. You know who else uses green Saiyan armor?

:v:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Yinlock posted:

my dad works for dragonball and he told me its double broly

Fusion Dance or Potara Earrings?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

What if two Fusion Dance fusions put on the Potaras?

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
It's definitely going to be Bardock.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's actually Tarble, and he's loving pissed.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Funky Valentine posted:

It's actually Tarble, and he's loving pissed.

The gritty reboot we need.

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012
Lol if the ancient GoD Saiyan is a SSJ4

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Personal_Nirvana posted:

Lol if the ancient GoD Saiyan is a SSJ4

SSJ5 actually.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Goku's whole "don't hurt my Bulmafriends!" freakout and constant breaking of limits would be a lot more compelling if it all wasn't playing out for the amusement of petty gods who would destroy all those friends in a heartbeat.

I think that's why a lot of people haven't taken to Jiren as the villain; they've had to lean hard into making him look villainous when he's not been doing anything villainy. Everyone in the tournament is a victim of the same horrifying system.

Frieza's blowing up Namek but Goku and Vegeta are still beating the hell out of each other. And now the 5 minutes is almost up.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Is this the first Saiyan with a black tail?

And at least we know he's from U7.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

whys it just gohan with longer and more angular hair

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

"Hey Akira, we need to market a lovely new game, could you whip up a character?"

"Sure, give me literally eight seconds."

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Is he wearing armor on the tail too or is that the slightly blocky graphics doing that?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kild posted:

whys it just gohan with longer and more angular hair

toriyama has like 4 character designs for db, what else would you expect

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I know Toriyama did the design for 21's scientist form but did he do her Majin form too?

E: apparently he did, man has his style changed a lot

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

CharlestonJew posted:

Is he wearing armor on the tail too or is that the slightly blocky graphics doing that?

Graphics. He does wear his pants slightly lowered to allow his tail to pass above them. :v:

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Great trailer, except now my youtube feed is full of captain obvious dick heads breaking down the trailer with 6+ minute videos by telling me frame for frame what's happening on screen.

Anyway, can't wait for Goku vs Yamucha in the new movie.

snickothemule fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Mar 20, 2018

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Turns out the reason Super Saiyan hair is blond is that Toriyama was too drat lazy to fill in Goku's hair in the manga back when it was black and white.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

Same reason why UI is just CGI models rendered on top of regular Goku.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

AtheistMantis posted:

Same reason why UI is just CGI models rendered on top of regular Goku.

Goku should stack SSj Blue/Kaio Ken on top of Ultra Instinct. He would have a Red/White/Blue aura, it could be called Super Saijin America :911:

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Rutibex posted:

Goku should stack SSj Blue/Kaio Ken on top of Ultra Instinct. He would have a Red/White/Blue aura, it could be called Super Saijin America :911:

or Russia or any of the other countries with those colors in their flags :v:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rutibex posted:

I'm genuinely surprised the full UI wasn't this and instead was Blanco. It feels like a very obvious final form for Goku, who spent the entirety of Super stacking powerups on each other (obtained God -> SS + God = Blue -> Blue + Kaio-ken = Blue Kaio-ken). Plus the idea of Goku just stacking four different powerups on top of each other is hilarious.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

dr.acula posted:

or Russia or any of the other countries with those colors in their flags :v:

I thought Russia's colors were all Red with some yellow....or wait...did I actually grow out of the 80s?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
If you cut every scene of the spectators and replaced it with looped footage of Goku (or Gohan) atatatating someone the tournament would be a lot less tedious to watch.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

I think we've known this for at least a decade. It was also a cost saver, they went through so much drat toner.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also going back to those strange ranking lists earlier. I have no idea how any of them could put Anilaza anywhere but at least third. Dude took on the whole U7 team and was constantly overpowering them. Ultimately falling when 17 used his barrier to protect himself from an attack to get a sneak attack in on Anilaza's generator weakening him enough for the other members to overpower his attack.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

MonsterEnvy posted:

Also going back to those strange ranking lists earlier. I have no idea how any of them could put Anilaza anywhere but at least third. Dude took on the whole U7 team and was constantly overpowering them. Ultimately falling when 17 used his barrier to protect himself from an attack to get a sneak attack in on Anilaza's generator weakening him enough for the other members to overpower his attack.

It should also count as 4 entries in the list.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

MonsterEnvy posted:

Dude took on the whole U7 team and was constantly overpowering them.

Yeah but Vegita and Goku wern't putting their backs into it. Goku didn't even use kaio-ken let alone UI.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

MonsterEnvy posted:

Because I think the assumption is a GoD is higher than him and so by extrapolation Goku, Jiren, Vegeta and Toppo are at least above. Then extrapolate that SSJ2 Kefla needed Goku to go UI to defeat her those are at least higher.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I think this is the first new Saiyan with a tail at all since Tarble.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rutibex posted:

Yeah but Vegita and Goku wern't putting their backs into it. Goku didn't even use kaio-ken let alone UI.

They were using Blue. (Which was the best Goku had at the time.) And Goku did use the kaio ken in the final struggle. (UI did not come out yes.)

Boht of them were putting their backs into it. They were just being overpowered by a single opponent that was taking on all of them. It would have eliminated 17 as well had 18 not sacrificed herself for him.

Gatts posted:

Because I think the assumption is a GoD is higher than him and so by extrapolation Goku, Jiren, Vegeta and Toppo are at least above. Then extrapolate that SSJ2 Kefla needed Goku to go UI to defeat her those are at least higher.

I think Jiren is higher then him. Along with mastered Goku But I am not certain that Toppo and Vegeta are. (Toppo was noted as not being as strong as a full on GoD yet, part of that being that he still required effort and time to charge his attacks.)

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Mar 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

MonsterEnvy posted:

They were using Blue. (Which was the best Goku had at the time.) And Goku did use the kaio ken in the final struggle. (UI did not come out yes.)

Boht of them were putting their backs into it. They were just being overpowered by a single opponent that was taking on all of them. It would have eliminated 17 as well had 18 not sacrificed herself for him.

They only powered up for the final beam, for most of that fight Goku was using SSj God and Vegita was SSj2. They obviously didn't think it was much of a threat.