Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Rhonne posted:

So we can all agree that that is Aizawa doing Eri's hair at the start of the chapter, right?

He's got long hair himself so I'd say he knows a thing or two about putting it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Still pushing for Aizawa to adopt her.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
So deku's new gear is going to help him break dance at high speed right?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Flare into Air Flare into helicoptering into the sky

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
maybe I misunderstood but I didn't take Deku at the end as getting into a fighting pose so much as he was getting into a begging pose

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Onmi posted:

maybe I misunderstood but I didn't take Deku at the end as getting into a fighting pose so much as he was getting into a begging pose

He was putting down the bags he was carrying.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I can't see deku begging a villain to go away

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

"Wow, that was a pretty good chapter. I can't wait to talk about Gentle or Hatsume and hear about-"

Shere posted:

It was either outright stated by Horikoshi or strongly implied that the Noumu with wings was the winged kid Deku and Bakugo hung out with/went to middle school with.

:stare:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Am I remembering wrong, it was Deku planning to work on gaining a ranged attack next? Not sure how the gloves will accomplish that. Since he's been copying moves off other kids, maybe that's a clue?

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
I want Deku's earnestness to sway Gentle to leave U.A. alone but the three have to work together to beat the huge guy we saw in the flashback.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Bobulus posted:

Am I remembering wrong, it was Deku planning to work on gaining a ranged attack next? Not sure how the gloves will accomplish that. Since he's been copying moves off other kids, maybe that's a clue?

I think they'll focus the wind pressure that OfA makes in front of him.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Bobulus posted:

He'll throw his hair at this enemies just like Mineta, hoping they have their mouths open and swallow it. Wait a couple of hours or days until they have to overexert themselves and calmly watch them explode. Shame it'd work only once.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Bobulus posted:

The gloves will absorb the shock from flicking his fingers hard and making a pressure blast.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

what happens if someone accidentally eats Midoriya's hair

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

grieving for Gandalf posted:

what happens if someone accidentally eats Midoriya's hair

nothing. all might explained ages ago that the wielder of o4a had to specifically want to pass on the quirk for it to transfer

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Nothing, he has to will it to be transferred.

E: beaten. Badly.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I just thought of something. Couldn't the wind pressure stuff Deku is practicing become similar to that wind kick or even the finger gun (sorry, forgot the names) from One Piece?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Punching so hard that you shoot air pressure out isn't something invented by anime and I'm sure you can go a lot further back than One Piece for that idea.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Those gaps between the knuckles shoot air out pew pew

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Dog Kisser posted:

Those gaps between the knuckles shoot air out pew pew

After he shatters his hands, the gloves collect the bone fragments and use them as projectiles. :barf:

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Once he's worn them enough for the leather to match the shape of his hands, he'll just remove the hands and have no more problems, since he can use the gloves instead!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Deku is going to stop Gentle here, but La Brava escapes and attempts to sabotage the show, only for it to backfire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1eBuuJqc44

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

I can't see deku begging a villain to go away

Gentle's whole shtick is being a moralist villain. I can see Deku trying to play off that.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

His new long range attack will be shooting off his fingernails. The gloves' purpose is twofold; they both add spin to the projectiles, making them far more accurate and deadly, and they contain a poultice that allows him to regrow his fingernails at an accelerated rate.

100% original anime power idea, do not steal.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

In the original draft All Might gave Deku one of his toe nails to eat.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
That is so much worse. :stonklol:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Scholtz posted:

His new long range attack will be shooting off his fingernails. The gloves' purpose is twofold; they both add spin to the projectiles, making them far more accurate and deadly, and they contain a poultice that allows him to regrow his fingernails at an accelerated rate.

It's time to start paying more attention in art class when they talk about ratios

Hentai Tentacle Demon
Apr 12, 2002

Spacy Spicy Love

Scholtz posted:

I drew some quick concept art about how this might look. ORIGINAL CONTENT DO NOT STEAL

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Scholtz posted:

Deku, I only wanted to take the napkin

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Scholtz posted:

I can't wait for Deku to use the pony girl to determine the golden ratio

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Deku learning to control his power properly is a large part of the charm of the series, but Deku the crippled, exploding fuckup is the AU we need and deserve.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

in hindsight it's hilarious that the smart and calculating Deku from the last couple of arcs is also the same guy who literally destroyed 75% of his body fighting uh, a robot?

character development is cool and good

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

in hindsight it's hilarious that the smart and calculating Deku from the last couple of arcs is also the same guy who literally destroyed 75% of his body fighting uh, a robot?

Fighting a robot in his Hight School Entrance Exam and nearly died from falling to the ground because he broke his his arms and legs

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Carlosologist posted:

tbf he hasn't really stopped destroying his body.

Edit: In fact in the latest arc constantly destroying his body was the only way he could win.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Mar 21, 2018

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

SgtSteel91 posted:

Fighting a robot in his Hight School Entrance Exam and nearly died from falling to the ground because he broke his his arms and legs

To be fair, he didn't know using his quirk would destroy his body at the time.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Look, he's getting there. It's not his fault that just as he hits 20% the arc villain demands 100%.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

eventually Deku will be able to use 100% of his power right? I wonder how much of that comes from supports to his suit and such. like we only saw a glimpse of that potential when Eri was able to constantly fix him up against Overhaul

what i'm getting at is that Deku and Hatsume will definitely end up together

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I mean Deku has consistently shattered his limbs in almost every one-on-one fight he's had. He does a lot better when fighting in a team but I think his fights against Shinsou and Bakugou are the only times he hasn't severely injured himself when he doesn't have back up with him.

Large Robots, Todoroki, Muscular, Chisaki, all have involved him breaking his bones to win. And against Todoroki he didn't even manage to win!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Look, he's getting there. It's not his fault that just as he hits 20% the arc villain demands 100%.

Plus, he had a traumatized little girl strapped to his back preventing him from doing any serious harm to himself, so it all worked out. Before that, the last time he actually did any significant damage to himself was at camp.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Large Robots, Todoroki, Muscular, Chisaki, all have involved him breaking his bones to win. And against Todoroki he didn't even manage to win!

He had the moral victory! The horribly painful burning moral victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Also All Might mentioned just last chapter that he didn't use 100% all the time, anyway, only when it was really needed. If Deku can master just 10% then he'll be a beast.