Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

TheLoneStar posted:

So, I guess those six Universes Zen-Oh erased in the past are just hosed forever, huh?

Those universes are literally probably the "Underground levels of Demon World" equivalent from Yu Yu Hakusho and will probably never be explored.

And to slightly explain this, basically despite YYH ending on super powerful S class demons, apparently there were eldritch horrors and poo poo lurking in multiple underground levels of demon world that would have bodied every hero and villain alike in the last arc, but I guess they're just... cool doing... nothing I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

AutumnDDP posted:

This was a pretty good finale. Predictable, but in the best way.

Freeza is going to be the main man in the next season and I'm really stoked for it.

There was a point when Goku and Frieza teamed up and it cut to Vegeta and I swear to God that expression was pure 'Holy poo poo am I about to be replaced?'.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Kashuno posted:

So surprised goons have negativity to spread around post the hella good climax

You havent been around goons long enough!

Realtalk, besides the dub, what do I do with my life now. Anyone wanna throw out anime suggestions for someone who loves dumb punchman anime. I've watched One Punch Man, and some of JoJo and Hunter x Hunter but not enough of the latter to remember very much.

Velisarius
Nov 1, 2009
I like how #17 is the most virtuous of the group. It's very fitting.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Nervous posted:

The Frieza purple and Goku yellow side by side to finish off Jiren was so satisfying.

I loved Vegeta's face

"THEYRE FIGHTING TOGETHER, GOKU AND FRIEZA FIGHTING TOGETHER"
V:*There is nothing about that that doesn't infuriate me*

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Ougher posted:

Realtalk, besides the dub, what do I do with my life now. Anyone wanna throw out anime suggestions for someone who loves dumb punchman anime. I've watched One Punch Man, and some of JoJo and Hunter x Hunter but not enough of the latter to remember very much.

Finish JoJo.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I rewatched them and I recently binged Super up to the end of Black's arc and yeah, they're better.

Then again, DB has never been known about having stellar storytelling, I am also rewatching the original DB and is only until the moment RR enters the plot that it actually becomes interesting before that is just dull.

They are really not which is why GT basically abandoned the idea for the rest of the series, Super didn’t have anything like that.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Only disappointing part of the ending for me was that Frieza wasn't chilling out with everyone in the baby shower but I guess there is always a gap between first kindling of friendship and full on extended family bro. What I'm saying frieza is going to be Pan's and Bra's uncle/trainer

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Ougher posted:

Its fought with toy robots instead of punchmans but you might like Gundam Build Fighters. The first season at least.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

I think it was just one big test. Like they said they'd just wipe everything if 17 said 'gently caress IT GIMMIE MY BOAT'. There wasn't a change of minds, it was always a test. It was just a really stupid, convoluted, needlessly cruel, test...because...Super...

actually it's because they're gods and if there's one thing gods of any kind love it's pointlessly cruel and convoluted tests

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Give Frieza the dirtbag dog universe, he'd love that poo poo.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
the episode where Future Trunks had Complex Feelings upon seeing his wife's child self and nothing else happened is worse than anything GT did, fight me scrubs.

sassassin posted:

How is that different to being an evil emperor?

A god of destruction reasonably would have to learn balance what with the whole 'kais create destruction gods destroy' dynamic. I pulled that example exactly so he could still be an antagonistic rear end in a top hat sadist but maybe add a layer to it that makes him something better than the next villain to get blown up when goku goes SSJ Taupe or something.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Raxivace posted:

Its fought with toy robots instead of punchmans but you might like Gundam Build Fighters. The first season at least.

Yeah don't watch Tri, just stop at first season.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
All I have to say about this finale: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avaSdC0QOUM

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I loved Vegeta's face

"THEYRE FIGHTING TOGETHER, GOKU AND FRIEZA FIGHTING TOGETHER"
V:*There is nothing about that that doesn't infuriate me*

"IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME!!!!"

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Cabbit posted:

There was a point when Goku and Frieza teamed up and it cut to Vegeta and I swear to God that expression was pure 'Holy poo poo am I about to be replaced?'.

He's become Piccolo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Give Frieza the dirtbag dog universe, he'd love that poo poo.

seeing them at the end of the episode was just like holy poo poo wow that is depressing.

Was u4 in the universe scenes I don’t remember seeing them or Quitela’s idiot face

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

We finally got the update on the kids helping the animal sanctuary.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

MechaX posted:

Yeah don't watch Tri, just stop at first season.
Try isn't the worst thing in the world, it has a few decent moments, but yeah its a step down from the first Build Fighters.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Yinlock posted:

actually it's because they're gods and if there's one thing gods of any kind love it's pointlessly cruel and convoluted tests

yeah seriously

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Raxivace posted:

Yeah
why do you do this
theyre coming off a dragonball high and you give them this weak poo poo

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

CharlestheHammer posted:

They are really not which is why GT basically abandoned the idea for the rest of the series, Super didn’t have anything like that.

And yet those were more entertaining for me.
Super was carried by the dub rather than the writing or animation.

:shrug:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

what is wrong with you?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Hm......nah

Crunchyroll staff can finally take a breather knowing their servers won’t be murdered every Saturday before watching their sub count plummet

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Well that isn’t shocking GT is 90s as gently caress and that is extremely your asthetic.

GT was carried by nostalgia if anything

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Both Pop Team Epic and Dragon Ball Super ended today. Phooey.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Star Man posted:

Come on man I’m trying to just be sad about DBS don’t remind me that when I watch pop team in a bit that ends too

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Kashuno posted:

Come on man I’m trying to just be sad about DBS don’t remind me that when I watch pop team in a bit that ends too

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Star Man posted:

poo poo I forgot this is the last Pop Team! You monster!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I rewatched them and I recently binged Super up to the end of Black's arc and yeah, they're better.

Then again, DB has never been known about having stellar storytelling, I am also rewatching the original DB and is only until the moment RR enters the plot that it actually becomes interesting before that is just dull.

Everything about this post just reinforces how poo poo your taste is.

Seriously it's like you are obsessed with being see as the man with the worst sense of taste on the internet.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Shut the gently caress up about GD, goddamn.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

That was a good ending, had me laughing a lot. Welcome back space hitler.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Yinlock posted:

They're child gods, it's a double whammy.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

rushes into the thread breathlessly 17 MY BOY

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
freeza got his chair back :shobon: also lmao that everyone else is just chilling at home and Freeza is meanwhile conquering the few remaining planets with life

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

That was a good ending, had me laughing a lot. Welcome back space hitler.

Say what you will about his space nazi army, they are loyal. This is the second time they've just chilled waiting for him to come back from the dead.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Kashuno posted:

freeza got his chair back :shobon: also lmao that everyone else is just chilling at home and Freeza is meanwhile conquering the few remaining planets with life

It's a happy ending for everyone!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
SEVENTEEN WINS THE SUPER BOWL. ALL HAIL ANDROID 17!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Lmao Vegeta is so mad that Pan is getting attention at his daughters party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Dexo posted:

Lmao Vegeta is so mad that Pan is getting attention at his daughters party

Tag yourself I'm proud Piccolo.