Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

I saw Beargguy so it just went from a "maybe" to a "definitely" :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Apparently it's also a dating sim?

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

chumbler posted:

Apparently it's also a dating sim?

That just reminds me of Lost War Chronicles on PS2. It was a semi-tactical Gundam action game but also somehow a dating sim. Like, even if you got a great score on the mission, if you messed up the MSs too much your engineer lady would get mad at you.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

was it a good game?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Confirmed for PC. :toot::toot::toot:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
watching 08th ms team and its cool...... i like it. its an anime that i dig in the gundamn universe

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
https://youtu.be/6a6bTNRn9xk

JP version of the New Gundam Breaker trailer showing off what looks like a DLC battle with Super Fumina, a soundtrack bundle, and a gunpla bundle with an AGE suit.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Holy poo poo, you can fight the loving Hashmal Mobile Armour! :stwoon::shepspends:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Holy poo poo, you can fight the loving Hashmal Mobile Armour! :stwoon::shepspends:

Yeah, but you'll probably get really bad hand cramps from the fight. Pretty sure the testers couldn't even move their right hands afterwards.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chiasaur11 posted:

Yeah, but you'll probably get really bad hand cramps from the fight. Pretty sure the testers couldn't even move their right hands afterwards.

I appreciate this :allears:.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

The GIG posted:

JP version of the New Gundam Breaker trailer showing off what looks like a DLC battle with Super Fumina, a soundtrack bundle, and a gunpla bundle with an AGE suit.

All pre-order bonuses apparently.

ninjewtsu posted:

was it a good game?
It was definitely one of the better PS2 Gundams and much better than the later PS3 titles that tried to copy the formula.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

The GIG posted:

The AGE suit seems to be a clear version of the AGE 2 Magnum out of the new Build Divers series, so I would guess that's in the game too. Possibly also the protagonist suit, 00 Diver, though it actually doesn't seem to be as much of a deviation from the base suit, so maybe everyone will be content with the 00.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

RillAkBea posted:

That just reminds me of Lost War Chronicles on PS2. It was a semi-tactical Gundam action game but also somehow a dating sim. Like, even if you got a great score on the mission, if you messed up the MSs too much your engineer lady would get mad at you.

That sounds cute. I like it when games are reactive to more than just binary win/lose states.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Regarding F91 and it’s follow ups, why are some chomping at the bit for a Crossbone anime? I enjoyed the manga (especially Steel Seven) but it wasn’t that great. The Crossbone itself has a terrific design but most of the rest of the suits are pretty forgettable.

I’d rather have something new in late UC.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

ManSedan posted:

Regarding F91 and it’s follow ups, why are some chomping at the bit for a Crossbone anime? I enjoyed the manga (especially Steel Seven) but it wasn’t that great. The Crossbone itself has a terrific design but most of the rest of the suits are pretty forgettable.

I’d rather have something new in late UC.

F91 / crossbone are just the easiest “this story exists and could easily be done better,” and has more traditional uc touchstones. Late uc is pretty much barren aside from v, right?

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
As someone who just watched it, the first half of Victory is really well done. I enjoyed it much more than the equivalent parts of ZZ. There are high quality fights on Earth and in space, the League Militaire are desperate, and Zanscare is both incredibly evil and also a credible threat because we don’t know much about them yet. Üso is interesting as a sort of Renaissance Teen of this earth ravaged by 70 years of shattering wars. They also manage to do the ensemble cast of supporting kids/teens better than ZZ. People are resourceful because life is hard. Haro is an absolute badass.

Also the Victory, V Dash, and Victory 2 designs are incredibly good. I love that the Victory is mass produced.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

RillAkBea posted:

Yearh, I remember the comms officer lady would unbutton a little bit if you got a S Rank on missions.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

anime was right posted:

watching 08th ms team and its cool...... i like it. its an anime that i dig in the gundamn universe

Best intro imo. Wish the series was a bit longer, the vignettes were the best

edit: i should probably link that best intro huh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_PKgztP0zw

Marx Headroom fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Mar 27, 2018

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

DamnGlitch posted:

F91 / crossbone are just the easiest “this story exists and could easily be done better,” and has more traditional uc touchstones. Late uc is pretty much barren aside from v, right?

I think the farthest, barring Turn A and Reco, was G Savior.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Was Gundam Breaker series always a dating sim, because they're showing off "Six heroines you can fall for" and the protag is your generic "hair replaces eyes" type.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Marx Headroom posted:

Best intro imo. Wish the series was a bit longer, the vignettes were the best

edit: i should probably link that best intro huh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_PKgztP0zw

I felt this version was more thematically appropriate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yf4AhoGDkQ

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Is Gundam Versus basically dead now? I haven't seen any news of updates coming.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

chumbler posted:

Is Gundam Versus basically dead now? I haven't seen any news of updates coming.

They had a balance patch this month, but it changed very little. My play group soured on it considerably when it became apparent to us that they were more interested in firehosing DLC out than they were actually actively balancing and supporting the game. Said balance patch was the first one in four months despite them maintaining a regular DLC release schedule of multiple suits per month.

They recently added the Full City to Maxi Boost On, so it's possible that might make the jump to GVS.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Mar 30, 2018

Vord
Oct 27, 2007
Have there been any rumors of versus seeing a PC release?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm not sure what people are looking to see in terms of support for Versus tbh. It's getting regular new content and they've had a few balance passes, it's pretty high on the post-launch fighting game support front unless your metric is like an NRS game where they overbalance and repatch like every two weeks and don't just let things rock.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'd really like to see a Gundam game that takes the Mechwarrior style tactical combat and applies it to mobile suits. I've seen those arcade pod games from Japan that seem to do something similar.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'd really like to see a Gundam game that takes the Mechwarrior style tactical combat and applies it to mobile suits. I've seen those arcade pod games from Japan that seem to do something similar.

I've actually played these pods and they're really not like mechwarrior at all, its fairly close in style to the older Gundam vs gundam games if anything.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Vord posted:

I wouldn't hold my breath

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I'm not sure what people are looking to see in terms of support for Versus tbh. It's getting regular new content and they've had a few balance passes, it's pretty high on the post-launch fighting game support front unless your metric is like an NRS game where they overbalance and repatch like every two weeks and don't just let things rock.

Trust me, they're not in any danger of "overbalance"; we went nearly five months without a balance patch(we had one at the end of october and then we got one in early march). It's pretty annoying when there's stuff like incredibly dominant DLC suits(Nightingale) running around for months, and a reasonable attempt to make the 300 cost class not basically trash - which they have been since the launch of the game - would be nice. It also doesn't help that when I went to CEOtaku last year Bamco promised to support the event and then pulled out at the last minute so the organizers had to hold the tournament using PS4s borrowed from attendees, and they also apparently pulled out of Frosty Faustings as well. It fostered a pretty pessimistic feeling of the company not giving a poo poo about the game beyond churning out hundreds of dollars of DLC suits to see what they could wring out of the playerbase before it dies.

My buddies and I played Full Boost for years until pretty much the very end and basically none of us play GVS anymore despite being full bore on the hype train and wanting it to succeed. I've got like $80 worth of DLC for it and a whooooole lot of playtime, so it's not like I didn't try.

Vord posted:

Gundam Versus itself, almost assuredly never. The announcement of New Gundam Breaker getting a PC release(and a simultaneous one, at that) makes it an actual possibility for whatever the next Versus game to come to home systems is, though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I just want 00 Raiser, Impulse, Destiny, and a Leo. But those dreams may be dead I guess.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I dunno what to tell you then, the game seems fine to me when I play it with the rest of the regulars I go to events with. I can't make it to AnimEVO with everyone else unfortunately, but the scene is still alive and kicking, mainly on the shoulders of Brett who is doing a bang-up job.

Vord
Oct 27, 2007

Kanos posted:

Gundam Versus itself, almost assuredly never. The announcement of New Gundam Breaker getting a PC release(and a simultaneous one, at that) makes it an actual possibility for whatever the next Versus game to come to home systems is, though.

We're truly living in the worst timeline. Especially when I see all these other bandai games on steam. Depressing is what it is when you're a Gundam fan on PC. Guess I'll just emulate Gundam vs Zeta some more. At least someone made a widescreen patch for it.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Any good Gundam games I can play on my goddamn Mac?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

I wouldn't hold my breath

There's an SKU for a PC version of Versus on the Best Buy website, for whatever that's worth. No firm release date, but it's more than nothing.

On a barely related note, man. Looking back from the end, and comparing it to things like the Zaku and the Leo, the Graze is one of the best grunts any faction has fielded in a Gundam show, overall. Affordable, repairs simple enough to be handled by a PMC on a budget, easily modified for any job from honor duels to firing off WMDs, and you can shove an untrained pilot in and reasonably expect that they'll achieve at least a baseline of competency. Add in the post-disaster durability/longevity baseline, and they really shine.

Sure, they're not as fancy as GN-Xs and the like, and they're not much use to top aces, but looking at them as general purpose military hardware rather than in arena brawling, they're up there.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

A Big... Dog posted:

Any good Gundam games I can play on my goddamn Mac?

One can always emulate Endless Duel.

Vord
Oct 27, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

Or brute force your way through F91

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

kirbysuperstar posted:

Thanks for reminding me of the summer of ‘01

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

kirbysuperstar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1uJb6itOG8

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

My friend and I have been going through all the long Gundam series, and we got to SEED...

I really don't like the character designs, I don't remember being so bothered by them originally, but blech. HD remaster 1st episode is ugly as gently caress too, terribly upscaled. The rest so far seem fine on the upscale.

I refuse to revisit Destiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They redesigned the characters for the HD remaster and they all look like they have down syndrome.