Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I dunno if this was posted or not, but yeah it's great.

https://twitter.com/warnerjp/status/978194854596497408

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/978127158697709568

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZWC_EngHL0

Sorry, I was thinking about this duo reenacting Let's Pop Together

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Expect My Mom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZWC_EngHL0

Sorry, I was thinking about this duo reenacting Let's Pop Together

It's such a weird dance, but they seem to be having fun with it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's no way Daichi is seriously asking Sosugu to give up her career, right? That has to be a misunderstanding.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
I appreciate that, not only did they keep doing the Hoshiro Girldrop previews, but part of the joke was that you only needed the previews to know what was going on in the story. The proposal was a nice touch, though.

That and...everything about the last episode? I wouldn't even care if we don't get a season two because it's such a good one to go out on, but we absolutely need the AC-BU version of "Ah, you are motherfucker?" next time.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Guy Goodbody posted:

There's no way Daichi is seriously asking Sosugu to give up her career, right? That has to be a misunderstanding.

Idols getting boyfriends is effectively the end of their careers.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
Did anyone ever figure out how this show got away with an unprecedented amount of uncensored depictions of teens smoking in an anime

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ignis posted:

AC-bu showing the sketchbooks they used for the whole Hellshake Yano skit

https://twitter.com/Yahoo_GYAO/status/973033394945880066

Do they happen to upload their sketchbooks? Would love to get a closer look at the drawings.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I realize it's technically true, but it's still weird to think of Pipimi as "a depiction of a teen."

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Falls Down Stairs posted:

Did anyone ever figure out how this show got away with an unprecedented amount of uncensored depictions of teens smoking in an anime

Because smoking is loving awesome

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
They're technically like middle schoolers. My only guess is that they don't look realistic

such fighting spirit

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
There aren't any regulations regarding depicting gremlins smoking on TV.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i'm pretty sure for the smoking ban to be a thing, it has to be an explicitly underage character

they showed Popuko and Pipimi's ages in one episode for like 5 seconds and they were both almost 30 (I wanna say it said Popu was 27 and Pipi was 29?), and in general they seem more like they're meant to be young adults in the 20-30 range than teenagers

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
They're like 14 iirc. There are a couple of mangs strips where they're in school and Popuko is just hanging up sexy posters on the wall in class

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Expect My Mom posted:

They're like 14 iirc. There are a couple of mangs strips where they're in school and Popuko is just hanging up sexy posters on the wall in class

Legal disclaimer: all characters in this manga are 18 years or older.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Popuko says she's 14 in the first episode.

But yeah, it's mostly because they're more omnipresent gremlins than actual people.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Waffleman_ posted:

Popuko says she's 14 in the first episode.

But yeah, it's mostly because they're more omnipresent gremlins than actual people.

"Im 14"
"She's 14?"

"IM 14!"

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Rigged Death Trap posted:

"Im 14"
"She's 14?"

"IM 14!"

That'd be a good av

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I'm glad Popuko, Pipimi and Shouta Aoi were able to band together and save anime.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I think they might be some kind of ageless Lovecraftian monsters.

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
I looked up Shouta Aoi on google... i gota stop looking up skinny androgynous japanese idols during the middle of the day

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Kharn_The_Betrayer posted:

I looked up Shouta Aoi on google... i gota stop looking up skinny androgynous japanese idols during the middle of the day

Can't stop thinking about Shouta Aoi, huh?

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

An incredibly powerful boy

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Shouta Aoi is 30 years old. drat.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Falls Down Stairs posted:

She's not a teen.

e: Man, talk about being late.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Mar 28, 2018

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

i'm pretty sure for the smoking ban to be a thing, it has to be an explicitly underage character

they showed Popuko and Pipimi's ages in one episode for like 5 seconds and they were both almost 30 (I wanna say it said Popu was 27 and Pipi was 29?), and in general they seem more like they're meant to be young adults in the 20-30 range than teenagers

Nah, their age being 14 is actually one of the very few canonical facts about these characters. In the manga collections and promo material their character profiles are always just "Popuko, 14, Short." and "Pipimi, 14, tall" it's mentioned a few times in the anime too.

Their standard outfit is a middle school uniform and most strips portray them as being teenagers; they have classmates, go to school, Popuko has a provisional driver's license and went to career counseling, they talk about growing up, etc. they're pretty much always 14 except when they're not.

The jury is out on Hellshake Yano's canonical age but I have many exciting theories.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Hellshake Yano is Dave Mustaine

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

older than you'd think theory: Hellshake is one of those guys who's actually much older than they look. Like Shouta Aoi

eternal theory: Hellshake Yano is the latest incarnation of an entity that embodies true showmanship, reborn once every few centuries

future theory: Hellshake Yano hasn't been born yet. Pipimi was experiencing a premonition.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

when is the best time to look up skinny androgynous Japanese idols?

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

boredsatellite posted:

when is the best time to look up skinny androgynous Japanese idols?

There is never a bad time to look up skinny androgynous Japanese idols.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

good answer

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

My favorite main story bit was the ginza hostess murder mystery. Where they're normally the odd ones out in the story their personalities weirdly fit into this story with a slight tweak to their professions.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Dork457 posted:

My favorite main story bit was the ginza hostess murder mystery. Where they're normally the odd ones out in the story their personalities weirdly fit into this story with a slight tweak to their professions.

I'm a big fan of that one too. For all the Japanese media it was mimicking in that segment I got a brief taste of what Pop Team Epic's Miss Marple would be like.

Favorite duo was easily Ataru (Furukawa) and Megane (Chiba). Now those were some dag-gone childhood feelgood memories right there.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Best EP was "MARILYN MONROE" feat. Sugita because of the drastic differences between the A-Side and B-Side Voice Actors.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Libra posted:

Nah, their age being 14 is actually one of the very few canonical facts about these characters. In the manga collections and promo material their character profiles are always just "Popuko, 14, Short." and "Pipimi, 14, tall" it's mentioned a few times in the anime too.

Their standard outfit is a middle school uniform and most strips portray them as being teenagers; they have classmates, go to school, Popuko has a provisional driver's license and went to career counseling, they talk about growing up, etc. they're pretty much always 14 except when they're not.

The jury is out on Hellshake Yano's canonical age but I have many exciting theories.

Who says the 14 there stands for age?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Who says the 14 there stands for age?

The Japanese language

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Serge Painsbourg posted:

There is never a bad time to look up skinny androgynous Japanese idols.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
https://twitter.com/KittyKaboooom/status/978719952768135168