Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

I Love Annie May posted:

He only appeared for a few panels in the span of months, how can you make him appear less than that? Kill him off? At this point he's such a toxic influence on your life that you should just pretend that he doesn't exist and move on with your life.

Are you for real? I'm complaining about a thing I don't like in a series I otherwise love in the thread for discussing the series. Are you imagining I'm lying awake at night just clutching my fists in anger while thinking about Mineta?

Some weird-rear end projecting going on in this thread right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
They posted unironically in the defense of Mineta's right to express his horniness so don't take the bait

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah it's my bad for assuming anyone on this forum is ever arguing in good faith and not just pretending to be stupid on the internet.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
master roshi shrunk himself down and hid inside a toilet to watch a teenaged girl pee

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

Yeah it's my bad for assuming anyone on this forum is ever arguing in good faith and not just pretending to be stupid on the internet.

Wait, we're meant to be pretending to be stupid? gently caress.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Some people believe that Mineta is a bad character.

That is okay.

Some people believe that Mineta is a good character.

That is okay.

Both people sometimes see fit to share their views on this character in this, the topic for sharing views about the various facets of My Hero Academia.

This is also okay.

I'm not one for "maybe both sides have a point" usually, but with stakes this low it's not really worth being any other way.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

my opinion on mineta is insanely important actually

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
All I'm saying is let the episode actually air before we flip out over Mineta yet again.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Yeah I do think that people are being a bit premature.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
E: nvm

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Apr 2, 2018

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
edit: nvm

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I Love Annie May posted:

He only appeared for a few panels in the span of months, how can you make him appear less than that? Kill him off?

Replace him with Shinsou

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

SgtSteel91 posted:

Replace him with Shinsou

No no no. Replace Sugar not with Shinsou. Replace mineta with monoma and replace froppy with Pony and Momo with Yaoi Hands.

There I did it I fixed the cast.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

No no no. Replace Sugar not with Shinsou. Replace mineta with monoma and replace froppy with Pony and Momo with Yaoi Hands.

what the gently caress

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Barring a (god forbid) time skip, normal school procedure is to mix the classes up and have a new homeroom teacher every year.

This may not be a thing with UAs hero course since it's only 40 kids though

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

What the gently caress is this!?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I Love Annie May posted:

I don't get why every time Mineta does something everyone feels the need to freak out. Like yeah we all get why you hate him, why are you tormenting yourselves by thinking and talking about him every single time? Just move past and heal.

I Love Annie May posted:

He only appeared for a few panels in the span of months, how can you make him appear less than that? Kill him off? At this point he's such a toxic influence on your life that you should just pretend that he doesn't exist and move on with your life.

Posters expressed themselves in appropriate form. These two posts however are against the rules, don't try and command a thread on how to act anymore, you've been probated once already for this.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Outside of Mineta, Koda and Sato are clearly the least impressive and interesting members of the class (followed by Ojiro) and could easily be replaced. Not that they will be, but its clear that of the class they're the 'filler' characters. I wish they were more interesting but at the same time I don't really want time devoted to them either.

I do think its likely the traitor will be a member of 1-A and will free up a spot for Shinso though. We also know he's doing something with Aizawa that's wearing him out too.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Apr 2, 2018

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

serious question: who are koba and sato

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Animal guy and Sugarman.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

oooo yea, them. man they basically don't exist huh

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

oooo yea, them. man they basically don't exist huh

Animal guy had the memorable moment when he took out Present Mic, although it took a lot of prodding from Jirou. Sugarman is more forgettable.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Sugarman is overshadowed by Deku in pretty much every way. He even has a similar penalty for overusing his strength (just becomes dumb instead of blowing up his bones). His only moments were being one of the class losers in their final exams and making a great cake in a microwave thus winning the room competition.

There are class B characters that have gotten more filling out than him.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Apr 2, 2018

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

His strength isn't even very impressive either. Five times that of a normal person. As I recall he looked to only be about as strong as Kirishima when that isn't even the dudes main Quirk. He's pretty much a total dud imo.

BTW I'm looking into the Hagakure traitor theory for the first time and its actually pretty credible. I'd always been on Team Kaminari for that but now I'm not so sure.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 2, 2018

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

I don't blame Horikoshi for having a few duds in such a huge cast, but I'd agree that sugarman's real problem is that his power is too similar to Deku to be interesting without stepping on each others toes.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

JahRoo posted:

I don't blame Horikoshi for having a few duds in such a huge cast, but I'd agree that sugarman's real problem is that his power is too similar to Deku to be interesting without stepping on each others toes.

I wonder how strong Sugarman actually is compared to what Deku can currently handle with One for All.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Sato is really tall and built like a brick shithouse so five times that is pretty good and probably stronger than Midoriya at 5-8%.

I think Hori should've given him a more interesting power but oh well.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The main problem is that Deku inherited a power from the strongest hero that is amplified every time it's passed on. Any other character with a plain strength power is going to pale in direct comparison. There isn't even a real drawback with One for All because as Deku is learning now you can mitigate the recoil from the strength by spiking power in controlled bursts.

Sato's power is described very specifically so there's no wiggle room for him to catch up to Deku until Horikoshi writes in some new ways his power can be used.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Eej posted:

Sato's power is described very specifically so there's no wiggle room for him to catch up to Deku until Horikoshi writes in some new ways his power can be used.
Super big gulp full of 5 hour energy.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

PMush Perfect posted:

Super big gulp full of 5 hour energy.

Zero sugar, unfortunately. Throw him a bottle of Mountain Dew, though, and I'd say stand back.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Non alcoholic coquito.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

At least Ojiro has a cool tail going for him.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Rhonne posted:

I wonder how strong Sugarman actually is compared to what Deku can currently handle with One for All.

The steel beam Deku was holding up weighs about 40 pounds per foot, if I was a 10 ft beam it was about 400 pounds and he lifted it up one handed. (you better believe I looked it up the moment I got a chance to gauge approximately how strong Deku is)

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

dazoner posted:

The steel beam Deku was holding up weighs about 40 pounds per foot, if I was a 10 ft beam it was about 400 pounds and he lifted it up one handed. (you better believe I looked it up the moment I got a chance to gauge approximately how strong Deku is)

it'd probably be 20+ feet for a midrise building like that, so you're looking at 800-1000 pounds minimum

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Rhonne posted:

What the gently caress is this!?

The noted people of class 1-B are better characters than 1-A's second string.

And also froppy is a bad character that slides by entirely on an admittedly adorable design. Replace her with a similar character who will at least say gently caress You as a funny goof.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Apr 2, 2018

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

The noted people of class 1-B are better characters than 1-A's second string.

And also froppy is a bad character that slides by entirely on an admittedly adorable design. Replace her with a similar character who will at least say gently caress You as a funny goof.

:chloe:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rhonne posted:

we can't really know and real world comparisons mean nothing, but I'm bored so: apparently the actual world record for a backlift is 6270lb/2840kg so if you wanna be charitable to sugarman and say he's as strong as some 350 lb weigh lifter without his quirk activated, he can lift 5 times that at 31,350lb/14,200kg

so he could pick up a bus if he wanted to but I doubt he could do much more than stand there with it

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Also Momo sucks cause shes just there to be the Mature Smart Girl who hasn't really done anything and probably won't. She'll tag along to be the Sensible One and not do much
Which is both cliche and boring as gently caress. Replace her with Yaoi Hands whose had a real fight and at least actively deals with the dunces around her

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Or just keep putting Jirou and Mina in the spot light cause they're the best ladies in the main cast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Or just keep putting Jirou and Mina in the spot light cause they're the best ladies in the main cast

Okay, this I can agree with.