Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?
Just read Real Girl in anticipation of the anime and I must say, that was a really sweet, albeit clichéd shoujo romance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

I'm happy for you friend

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I read this author's one shots about a depressed dude and a lesbian couple who were former coworkers and then I realized I read their yaoi about a 'straight' and gay uni student before and then I read this https://mangadex.org/manga/15000 and its really loving good wow also there's a longer sequel

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this seems like a cute and dumb romance 4koma, in the vein of yankee girls who start a relationship in the first chapter(I feel like there's been at least half a dozen of those posted in this thread at varying points)

https://mangadex.org/manga/18707/yankee-nishimiya-san-wa-choroi

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
hmmm, guy is kinda girly and wears glasses, sold

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

DisDisDis posted:

hmmm, guy is kinda girly and wears glasses, sold
didn't you loving see what she said? she said he is MANLY. MANLY!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Lamias in stockings. :allears:

Captain Invictus posted:

It's not even that, man. The series was pretty good with the wife trying to work around her husband's eccentricities with lots of home life shenanigans, dealing with his insecurities and her needs, issues with being pregnant, all that. Not often you get a series like that.

The hospital chapter was genuinely heartwarming with her holding the baby and being clearly exhausted, the husband still bewildered by it but seemingly accepting it all, and then at the end of the chapter was the equivalent of the person in the passenger seat of a road trip suddenly grabbing the wheel and cranking a hard right into a cement wall, with the husband walking out of the hospital and immediately going and loving another woman out of almost nowhere.

Basically, my shortlist shitlist is so far three series: usagi drop, spotted flowers, and fuuka

And goons make fun of people on manga sites for constantly talking about how they hope the dreaded NTR doesn't strike!

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Apr 1, 2018

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Dynasty Reader has replaced the Yuri tag with Gal Pals. April fools has gone too far.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

7c Nickel posted:

Dynasty Reader has replaced the Yuri tag with Gal Pals. April fools has gone too far.

They replaced a couple other tags too. But given that Dynasty has tags like "Lots of ruffling," "Hugh Jackman," "Telling twins apart," and "FREEDOM" 365 days a year, I'm not sure messing with tags is really the optimum path for an April Fool's joke here.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

But is the Lots of Kissing tag safe?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Do they still have warnings for het on page 26? And is the "Ham" tag safe:ohdear:

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?
I can confirm that all of the above tags are still safe as are,

404: men not found
aaaaaaaaaaangst
and Nice Boat!

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Speaking of Gal Pals, there's more Thirst.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/shouraiteki_ni_shindekure_ch07 Home alone with the younger Komaki.

And how could you all forget What The gently caress Did I Just Read??

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I like their descriptive tags, while other sites will just mark a series as mature they'll actually give you hints if it's just some nudity, "adult situations" or some horrible stuff that makes you seriously uncomfortable.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Poil posted:

I like their descriptive tags, while other sites will just mark a series as mature they'll actually give you hints if it's just some nudity, "adult situations" or some horrible stuff that makes you seriously uncomfortable.
That's one of the reasons I like baka-updates, the tagging system makes for slight but generic spoilers that make it easier to know what to read and what not to read based on preferences.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
mangago has a similar thing where people can add their own tags and it shows the most popular ones, so if something is really hosed up or alternately super cute you'll know it right off the bat

one of my personal tags is just NOPE

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://mangadex.org/manga/16801

This is a neat shoujo isekai series about a lady who becomes a really good healer and ends up embroiled in state level politics because of it.

That might not sound super exciting but I wouldn't recommend it if I didn't think it was good and worth it.

I like that instead of just casting healing spells she's doing like magical er surgery and removing foreign bodies and merging bone fractures, but with magic.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

She's surrounded by a bevy of bishies but they're all older than her and act like overprotective moms cause she doesn't know anything about the fantasy world so they're worried about her. It's a good bit that makes me laugh.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

This is a neat shoujo isekai series about a lady who becomes a really good healer and ends up embroiled in state level politics because of it.

That might not sound super exciting but I wouldn't recommend it if I didn't think it was good and worth it.

I like that instead of just casting healing spells she's doing like magical er surgery and removing foreign bodies and merging bone fractures, but with magic.

This was fun :3:
I wish they didn't feel the need to give her a telepathic pet, it felt so out of place.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I've been meaning to check that out. Good to hear it's decent.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

It’s easily in the top tier of isekai stuff by virtue of being cute, fun and not a creepy slave harem thing. You’d be surprised how many don’t clear that bar.

I wish the dog were just a dog, tho, so he could be around doing dog things.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Speaking of cute, fun isekai stuff, I’m looking forward to the next chapter of Destruction Flag Otome.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Also speaking of cute: Tachibana-kan to Lie Angle is getting an anim.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

I was expecting like a medical drama or something but it really is just an isekai. :geno:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

sockpuppetclock posted:

I was expecting like a medical drama or something but it really is just an isekai. :geno:

Help! I have been reincarnated in Emergency Room: Code Blue!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

sockpuppetclock posted:

isekai's pervasive enough that there are plenty of iterations with female writers and/or audiences. the chinese isekai for women stuff is kinda hosed up, btw.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

sockpuppetclock posted:

You let your heart fool you my friend.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

isekai's pervasive enough that there are plenty of iterations with female writers and/or audiences. the chinese isekai for women stuff is kinda hosed up, btw.

I can't tell if this includes 1/2 Prince or not.

1/2 Prince is weird.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
What's the other half?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

DisDisDis posted:

What's the other half?

Also Prince, but a different Prince.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Half royalty, half the greatest musician North America has ever produced

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

DisDisDis posted:

What's the other half?

Mostly water.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hosaka-sensei no Ai no Muchi
Kawai Karen is a girl with an evil-looking face, who finally achieved her dream of becoming a nursery teacher. Problem is, her face makes the children around her cry on a daily basis. At the same time, there is a handsome man in charge of the same class as her who can seemingly do anything. This Hosaka-sensei is also incredibly popular among the children... but he is a little too serious. One day he told Karen that, "From today onward we will begin our companionship with the intent of marriage"... He proposed to her!?

it's cute :3:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Gonna read dat

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

Hosaka-sensei no Ai no Muchi
Kawai Karen is a girl with an evil-looking face, who finally achieved her dream of becoming a nursery teacher. Problem is, her face makes the children around her cry on a daily basis. At the same time, there is a handsome man in charge of the same class as her who can seemingly do anything. This Hosaka-sensei is also incredibly popular among the children... but he is a little too serious. One day he told Karen that, "From today onward we will begin our companionship with the intent of marriage"... He proposed to her!?

Me reading the first chapter: it's okay, I guess
me after the third chapter:

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
hmmm yes, poop is cool

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/A-Story-About-Treating-a-Female-Knight-Who-Has-Never-Been-Treated-as-a-Woman-as-a-Woman

a silly little series that is entirely described in the title like some light novel or something. but cute.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Captain Invictus posted:

a silly little series that is entirely described in the title like some light novel or something. but cute.

I just read this one yesterday (it's on mangadex as well)! For some reason the premise had me assuming it would be trashy (and it is a little bit), but the good reviews and lack of ecchi tag made me take a look.

Turns out it's actually adorable! Shame about that title though.

Mentat Radnor fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Apr 5, 2018

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I think I'd be more into it if it was from the woman's pov. Well it occurs to me now it might swap later but I lost interest pretty quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

DisDisDis posted:

I think I'd be more into it if it was from the woman's pov. Well it occurs to me now it might swap later but I lost interest pretty quick.

Chapter 5 was from Leo's POV, and I agree it's better that way.