Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Is Valefor's entire villain arc just going to be losing various forms of communication, forcing his power to channel through another form of communication, that is then targeted and taken out? That's a pretty fun villain arc. He can't even stop being a villain because he mindfucked himself into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Having a broken jaw doesn’t mean you are suddenly permanently mute.

Doctor w-rw-rw-
Jun 24, 2008

PetraCore posted:

Is Valefor's entire villain arc just going to be losing various forms of communication, forcing his power to channel through another form of communication, that is then targeted and taken out? That's a pretty fun villain arc. He can't even stop being a villain because he mindfucked himself into it.

I mean what if his self-hypnosis wears off, and without Mama around he joins the Wardens or something? Seems just as or more plausible to me.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Pussy Quipped posted:

Having a broken jaw doesn’t mean you are suddenly permanently mute.

I think 'destroyed' implies a greater deal of damage then just being broken, but who knows? Maybe he'd be back to normal with proper medical treatment and speech therapy, but just like with his cataracts no one in their right mind would provide him with treatment, so it's kind of academic at this point.

Gladi
Oct 23, 2008

blastron posted:

Word of God. Wildbow constantly posts things on various forums, subreddits, and comments sections with extra setting information and explanations not given in the actual text. These are technically canon (although you could make a Death of the Author argument that it can be ignored) and is referenced thoroughly in fan discussions and on the fan wiki.

Death of Author is about themes in literary analysis not setting building.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Gladi posted:

Death of Author is about themes in literary analysis not setting building.

Oh, hm, after some wiki reading, you’re right. Thanks, I learned something today.

Doctor w-rw-rw- posted:

Entirely unrelated though, I love your translation work on Honzuki. If I could pay to get more translations sooner, I would, though it sounds like you'd burn out if you didn't pace yourself as you do. Given that you don't want money (according to your tumblr) or anything, I want to at least say thanks and ask if there's anything non-monetary (i.e. technical) I can do to help. Also, the table of contents is out of date.

Thanks! I appreciate the offer, but the only thing I could possibly need is more time and energy than I’m left with after work. Just knowing that people are enjoying it is enough for me! :unsmith:

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Slow and steady on translations is great, you're doing a solid service blastron.

ward 5.12

I think that luckily for Rain having the people out to get him sort of loving the whole "get rid of the Fallen" in exchange for a chance to kill him will give a lot of ..legitimacy?.. for his side when the fallout of this is dealt with. His going to March makes more sense now that we see that she has a mama/valefor counter on hand, and gives a route for Rain to get back into the team instead of breaking it (he still could have handled it better and tipped them off earlier, but it isn't untenable like before).

So someone in the cluster dying seems to pull the rest into their dreamspace, I'm guessing the next interlude will show up what goes down because not showing would suck so bad. As far as I know we don't have more info on the assassin we saw Rain's cluster hire, so I expect that to all resolve next chapter as Rain is helpless.

Also really, really looking forward to the post-fight Ashley resolution, and if we see a shift in Victoria's catechism (or if she just stops using it and shifts to something else). And the impact his has on the laws that are being made, and the looming war. The general feel I have that this conflict signifies the shift in the world from the comic-book cape setup from before to something new just intensifies with each chapter.

For the paranoid of us, Capricorn was the one who suggested meeting up with the heroes. I still think that Byron would nix this level of betrayal, but that'd be some sort of twist for sure (queue Byron not being real and just a physical manifestation of a mental illness).

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Ward:

Given the structure of the Rain interludes, I've been expecting the next one to be from the viewpoint of the invisible fifth member that everyone is expecting to exist for a while. Structurally it would make sense for his/her interlude to close out the arc and introduce something super-bad, but there are already so many plot balls up in the air that it might be too much.

Also, the complete lack of the Undersiders makes me somewhat concerned- their entire schtick from the beginning has been to favor rapid hit & run strikes over sustained engagements, so I keep expecting them to wait until the heroes/fallen/hollow pointers/time tinkers/vanilla rednecks/angry pets/anyone else finish tearing each other to pieces, pop in, murder Rain, abduct Kenzie, then pop out. I don't think that's likely, but the way they were built up and then poofed makes me curious when the other shoe is going to drop.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Omi no Kami posted:

Ward:

Given the structure of the Rain interludes, I've been expecting the next one to be from the viewpoint of the invisible fifth member that everyone is expecting to exist for a while. Structurally it would make sense for his/her interlude to close out the arc and introduce something super-bad, but there are already so many plot balls up in the air that it might be too much.

Also, the complete lack of the Undersiders makes me somewhat concerned- their entire schtick from the beginning has been to favor rapid hit & run strikes over sustained engagements, so I keep expecting them to wait until the heroes/fallen/hollow pointers/time tinkers/vanilla rednecks/angry pets/anyone else finish tearing each other to pieces, pop in, murder Rain, abduct Kenzie, then pop out. I don't think that's likely, but the way they were built up and then poofed makes me curious when the other shoe is going to drop.

I hadn't considered it before, but an arc involving a captured Kenzie and the team coming together to rescue her and stymie the Undersiders plot is quite possible.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Why would the Undersiders be trying to capture Kenzie, though?

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

The Shortest Path posted:

Why would the Undersiders be trying to capture Kenzie, though?

Not spoilering, because this is pure speculation.

Having a super surveillance tinker would synergize incredible well with Tattletale. Her power's main weakness is having limited or incorrect information, and Kenzie's whole schtick is having all the information.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Yeah, incredibly powerful deduction thinker paired with surveillance tinker would be great, and given Kenzie's attachment disorder and Tattles' natural ability to read people, both of them would probably be genuinely happy and productive working together.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Omi no Kami posted:

Yeah, incredibly powerful deduction thinker paired with surveillance tinker would be great, and given Kenzie's attachment disorder and Tattles' natural ability to read people, both of them would probably be genuinely happy and productive working together.

And honestly, TT would be really genuinely nice to Kenzie and would be able to tell when she was getting “in too deep.” She might be better off.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

TT might be genuinely nice, but I think you've got a pretty skewed view of the people involved if you think Kenzie would be better off.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
There's also the whole kidnapping thing.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

I don't think Tattletale would pull a Dinah. I do think she'd love to work with Kenzie, but kidnapping an 11 year old to use her power falls beyond where I think she's willing to take things.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

New The Gods Are Bastards. That was a little unexpected. Now we know what horrors await those who mess about with the time stream!

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
A fun new thing that I just found is The Daily Grind.

An IT guy accidentally figures out that a certain door in his office, when opened at 3:32AM, leads to a weird, seemingly endless office-dimension. The office snacks are edible, but their packaging, like all other text inside, reads like neural network gibberish. The cash inside the desks and jackets and so forth seems real enough, which promises to solve a lot of his problems, even if it's mostly in small denominations. And sometimes denominations that actual dollars don't exist in. So that's good.

Unfortunately, some of the office supplies inside want to eat him. But when has that even stopped someone gripped with loot-lust?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Diablo but in an office instead of a church basement sounds fun tbh, I might start reading that.

The Wandering Inn's patreon update today was hella good, LOTS of backstory information that I don't even know where to begin digging into the meaning of. I really like Magnolia's "Grandfather" and his massive pile of selfishly hoarded magical artifacts, he's a funny character for the most part

New Ward update too, I never expected a Citrine interlude. And she married Number Man which is somehow so perfect I'm amazed nobody speculated those two would get together or even work together at all given what we knew of their powers.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Ward: Today's interlude really underlines the conflicted feelings I have towards Ward as a whole. When I first heard that WB was working on a Worm sequel I really hoped that he would try his hand at a street-level story instead of the systematic escalation towards everyone saving (or destroying) the world that his other stuff tends towards, and Ward really delivered in that sense. I'm pretty sure that I've been burned out on large-scale apocalypse/world-saving antics in his works, and if Ward ever rises beyond the story of a small team doing local stuff I'll probably be disappointed... but that having been said, today's interlude was so much more interesting than the stupid nazis vs. monsters vs. psychiatric patients arc that's making up the bulk of the main story. Dot's interlude and even some of crystalclear's stuff felt the same way; I want a street-level cape story, but at the same time Ward's left me feeling like the camera is constantly stuck pointing at the least interesting thing going on.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Well, I mean...

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Omi no Kami posted:

Ward: Today's interlude really underlines the conflicted feelings I have towards Ward as a whole. When I first heard that WB was working on a Worm sequel I really hoped that he would try his hand at a street-level story instead of the systematic escalation towards everyone saving (or destroying) the world that his other stuff tends towards, and Ward really delivered in that sense. I'm pretty sure that I've been burned out on large-scale apocalypse/world-saving antics in his works, and if Ward ever rises beyond the story of a small team doing local stuff I'll probably be disappointed... but that having been said, today's interlude was so much more interesting than the stupid nazis vs. monsters vs. psychiatric patients arc that's making up the bulk of the main story. Dot's interlude and even some of crystalclear's stuff felt the same way; I want a street-level cape story, but at the same time Ward's left me feeling like the camera is constantly stuck pointing at the least interesting thing going on.

Interesting. As someone who feels kinda similar in a general sense, wanting more street-level stuff and less escalation - I'd have loved it it was just a Victoria character-study without a team or real cape-business at all - I'm actually enjoying the current conflict a lot more than a lot of the previous arcs (even despite being a self-professed disliker of Wildbow doing combat scenes) while this interlude bored me to tears. I never gave a poo poo about the guy selling powers as a plot-point compared to many who I see were excited about it being brought up again. I don't particularly care about Citrine or Number Man or Sierra at all. And I absolutely find Teacher to be THE most boring antagonist/villain in all of the Parahumans verse and get really dispirited every time it's made more obvious he'll be, if not the big bad, then at least a major force in Ward. The only parts that interested me were the early talks about the war and politics.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Insurrectionist posted:

Interesting. As someone who feels kinda similar in a general sense, wanting more street-level stuff and less escalation - I'd have loved it it was just a Victoria character-study without a team or real cape-business at all - I'm actually enjoying the current conflict a lot more than a lot of the previous arcs (even despite being a self-professed disliker of Wildbow doing combat scenes) while this interlude bored me to tears. I never gave a poo poo about the guy selling powers as a plot-point compared to many who I see were excited about it being brought up again. I don't particularly care about Citrine or Number Man or Sierra at all. And I absolutely find Teacher to be THE most boring antagonist/villain in all of the Parahumans verse and get really dispirited every time it's made more obvious he'll be, if not the big bad, then at least a major force in Ward. The only parts that interested me were the early talks about the war and politics.

Hmm yeah, the politics and apocalypse planning were mainly what I was referring to; basically the city council scene, and the subsequent discussion of factions/logistics/why everything's screwed. I could take or leave the Cauldron bits, especially since I always felt that Cauldron's original ends-justify-the-means thinking was somewhat invalidated once GM showed how hilariously incompetent their entire plan was. But seeing what's going on at a high level, and how despite the struggle to make things look normal there are very real refugee and food crises constantly threatening to derail everything. (I do like Sierra, simply because we know that she's almost certainly one of the Undersider's legit business fronts, and nostalgia goggles are screwed on *hard* when I read Ward.)

I've never quite been able to decide where I sit on the combat stuff- I loved early Worm's fights dearly, when it was scrawny teenagers with lovely gear and powers they barely understood doing lavishly detailed tactical stuff; the bank robbery and charity disruption will probably always stand out in my mind as the most fun action scenes in his entire franchise, since they hit a really nice balance of detail, pseudo-realism, and tension. That having been said, by the time I got to the end of Worm I was actively skimming the combat stuff, and Twig really bummed me out when the lambs started to transform from spies who occasionally got into fights into mass-murders who occasionally uncovered useful information. So now that we're on to Ward I am utterly burned out on the action parts, and tune out almost every time combat happens.

Where I totally agree is that the Victoria character study bit is one of the most enjoyable parts of the entire story. I find Kenzie interesting because of the mystery surrounding her and the way things still constantly don't add up with her, and I like Sveta because a) Worm fanservice and b) Victoria having friends is fun. That having been said, if I try to think through which parts of Ward I like and dislike so far, my three favorite sections were Vicky sleeping in her office and harumphing around after getting fired, the hospital visit where she stomped around in a terrible costume giving superhero rides to traumatized kids, and that weird bit where she spent like 3,000 words getting dressed and remembering how much it sucks to have a dead boyfriend. What they all had in common is that they were intensely introspective moments in the head of an interesting character who's working through a moderately severe psychiatric pathology. The team stuff ranges from okay to absolutely horrible in my mind (I don't like Rain), and despite all this time we've spent with them, we don't really have a good grip on any of their characters or personalities besides Rain's.

So I guess if I wrote my dream Ward fanfic, it would be Vicky working as a guidance counselor/social worker and serving as a kind of bridge between the well-intentioned but extremely violent world of hero capes, and the ordinary humans who are pretty understandably terrified of them. Like, that bit in the hospital where a scared kid wanted Vicky to get help for his newly-triggered friend? I thought that was going to spin into a chapters-long arc where she had to deal with a terrified girl who exploded every time she sneezed or something, and navigate through an intransigent PRT bureaucracy that would just as soon punish her for the damage she inflicted post-trigger as it would actually help her. I don't know if that would be a good story, but I wish we got more sections like that.

Omi no Kami fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Apr 8, 2018

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
For me it comes down to the fact that when it comes to superpowers, whether we're talking literal superpowers or magic or alien tech or whatever, I'm just far more interested in them as stakes than reading about the nitty-gritty logistics of how they work in combat. All the best combat-related scenes in Worm and Ward to me are the standoffs, Mexican or otherwise. Sometimes not literally standoffs - people are actively attacking or defending or whatever - but where the tension comes not from whether a character will hit their attacks or whatever, but rather whether a character can figure something out, convince someone, get reinforced in time, etc. For example the opening scene of 5.12 was a great read while the ending chaos was, well, chaos - tough to visualize, lacking in tension (to me), occasionally hard to follow and not engaging.

Another bonus is as long as the powers are stakes rather than explored in minute detail through lavish combat scenes, they retain their mystique and remain interesting. The more we see a character fight in the Parahumans-verse, the less interesting their power becomes, because the magic wears off.

Insurrectionist fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Apr 8, 2018

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

I get not liking the big combat stuff because it's generally not my favorite either, but I'm a bit bummed out at describing what's going down currently as nazis vs monsters vs psychiatric patients because while I don't particularly care about boiling the Fallen down to nazis and the real bad actors in Hollow Point down to monsters, both of those are intentionally dismissive labels and pairing them with psychiatric patients leaves a weird taste in my mouth despite Team Therapy literally having started as, well, a therapy group.

But that got me thinking about why the main characters all mentally ill. It's not like the Undersiders were really a picture of shining mental health either, and the less said about the various emotional issues of the Lambs, the better. The thing I think it comes down to in Ward is that the conclusion of Worm did a lot of heavy-duty worldbuilding as to the exact nature of superpowers in this setting. The main characters of Ward aren't just mentally ill parahumans, they're people whose mental issues explicitly have heavy interaction with the fact that they are parahumans and the psychological effects of the shards. Like, Kenzie's obviously got some sort of attachment disorder, but that enters a feedback loop with her shard pushing her to watch and observe everyone. Ashley is... not entirely human in a way that is unusual for parahumans, because she's not a human that entered a symbiotic relationship with a shard, she's a human that was grown around a dead woman's shard. Chris' power affects his emotional state and prevents natural emotional growth and change. Sveta's first memories are of waking up an alleyway somewhere and not having a body. Etc etc.

And because we know about the shards and entities now, all this immediately comes up in a different light than characters in Worm did. I dunno, it was just an interesting thread of thought to follow.

Also I'm pretty sure this chapter confirms that the Machine Army was made by a tinker who died and then it went out of control, with the interesting addition that it's implied said tinker had really good intentions and their death was a way to derail that.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Insurrectionist posted:

For me it comes down to the fact that when it comes to superpowers, whether we're talking literal superpowers or magic or alien tech or whatever, I'm just far more interested in them as stakes than reading about the nitty-gritty logistics of how they work in combat. All the best combat-related scenes in Worm and Ward to me are the standoffs, Mexican or otherwise. Sometimes not literally standoffs - people are actively attacking or defending or whatever - but where the tension comes not from whether a character will hit their attacks or whatever, but rather whether a character can figure something out, convince someone, get reinforced in time, etc. For example the opening scene of 5.12 was a great read while the ending chaos was, well, chaos - tough to visualize, lacking in tension (to me), occasionally hard to follow and not engaging.

Another bonus is as long as the powers are stakes rather than explored in minute detail through lavish combat scenes, they retain their mystique and remain interesting. The more we see a character fight in the Parahumans-verse, the less interesting their power becomes, because the magic wears off.
Yeah no that's where I'm at. It's why I actually really like when bit characters are described during a big fight because that tends to be the interesting stuff to me, I actually skim combat scenes usually because what I care about is less the fight itself and more the effects the fight is going to have such as injuries, deaths, or how things resolve.

I found this arc so far to be better than some previous Wildbow arcs in that regard because things were moving pretty quickly instead of Victoria spending several chapters stuck in one spot. We also got to see stuff like that cool breaker form. The perceptual effect there was pretty wild, I can imagine how she'd be a real headache to fight and I hope someone draws fanart of her not because she's a particularly important character but because I liked her design.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

PetraCore posted:

I get not liking the big combat stuff because it's generally not my favorite either, but I'm a bit bummed out at describing what's going down currently as nazis vs monsters vs psychiatric patients because while I don't particularly care about boiling the Fallen down to nazis and the real bad actors in Hollow Point down to monsters, both of those are intentionally dismissive labels and pairing them with psychiatric patients leaves a weird taste in my mouth despite Team Therapy literally having started as, well, a therapy group.

Hmm yeah, that was a bit unfair of me- the mental illness stuff is some of the best stuff in Ward, and it's not cool to make light of it, I've just gotten so reflexively frustrated by Team Therapy, since the story consistently refuses to tell us almost anything about them. And I'll totally admit that I'm oversimplifying the fallen, but holy cow is that ever a group I don't mind oversimplifying; I'll happily admit that this is a personal bias causing me to throw shade on sections that are legitimately well-written and horrifying, but 'screw nazis' has always been a pretty standard thing for me, and the way both Worm and Ward tried to humanize white supremacist supervillains bugged me. I get that they're people, and especially in the case of the fallen a lot of them didn't actively choose to become human garbage, but still- screw nazis.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
RE:Ward, we know so little about Teacher that I kind of expect to get some kind of huge twist with him at some point that makes him into a fascinating character.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

This sounds too dumb to be likely, but since Tattletale seems to be playing directly into the evil sociopath cliche that flies straight in the face of her character development in Worm, and because the Undersiders were explicitly intending to obliterate Teacher's organization, my guess is that Tattles is explicitly trying to build a Cauldronlike, her organization is the one that's taken over the cauldron facility Teacher is operating, and she employed him and has been using his thinker/tinker army to do black ops for the PRCJ/watchdog replacements. It sounds so shallow that it can't be where the story's going, but everything is so intent on railroading her as evil and him as a threat that it makes a little sense.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm just gonna say that I enjoy superhero fights, because I basically read web novels for page-turner entertainment and Worm/Ward have more interesting superpowers than other superhero stories. The other stuff is also good, but it's a natural impulse for me to want to see how the various powers the characters have will match up against one another. It's like a grown-up version of the same thing that made me play with action figures as a child.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Omi no Kami posted:

Hmm yeah, that was a bit unfair of me- the mental illness stuff is some of the best stuff in Ward, and it's not cool to make light of it, I've just gotten so reflexively frustrated by Team Therapy, since the story consistently refuses to tell us almost anything about them. And I'll totally admit that I'm oversimplifying the fallen, but holy cow is that ever a group I don't mind oversimplifying; I'll happily admit that this is a personal bias causing me to throw shade on sections that are legitimately well-written and horrifying, but 'screw nazis' has always been a pretty standard thing for me, and the way both Worm and Ward tried to humanize white supremacist supervillains bugged me. I get that they're people, and especially in the case of the fallen a lot of them didn't actively choose to become human garbage, but still- screw nazis.
Yeah that's why I don't care about describing the Fallen as nazis even though technically they'd probably be closer to other violent white power groups. They've even got the occultism going on.

I get why Victoria knows a lot less about the therapy group people than the people actually in the group, and I also get why people are reluctant to fill her in on behalf of others, since that goes against the ethics of how you're supposed to treat information shared in group therapy. It does lead to a level of dissonance where we're 5 arcs in and we barely know anything about Chris, though, and the stuff we know about Tristan and Byron and Kenzie has a lot of gaps. Obviously Victoria knows a lot of what's going on with Sveta and I feel like Ashley's deal is... straightforward, but not simple, given the circumstances of her creation.

It makes me wonder how long Wildbow is planning Ward to go on for, since to me if feels like this is still in the beginning of the story in the way I don't think I felt at arc 5 of Worm or Twig.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I think that exploration of the main characters is a bigger part of Ward than it was Worm, so I won't be surprised if we just gradually learn more about the characters over almost the entire thing. Like, this whole arc was about Rain mostly, and we'll probably see other characters receive heavy focus in subsequent arcs.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
I was bored and tired, so I decided to read the latest chapter of Wandering Inn to see where the heck the story went. Erin and Ryoka had some character growth ,but then both continue to be supremely stupid and make the same loving mistakes. Ug. How's Ward?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

I was bored and tired, so I decided to read the latest chapter of Wandering Inn to see where the heck the story went. Erin and Ryoka had some character growth ,but then both continue to be supremely stupid and make the same loving mistakes. Ug. How's Ward?
Victoria got to punch Valefor right in the face and destroy his jaw so pretty good.

EDIT: More seriously the climax of the first story arc hit and we should be getting to the falling action pretty soon and then it seems like things will get more wider-scope. That said I get the impression that things will be a bit tighter than Worm was with more focus on the personal interactions Victoria has. Wildbow said Twig was him trying to get better at writing protagonists who weren't so isolated by going to the other end entirely with a protagonist that needed to be surrounded by friends to operate, and already I feel like Ward is more fleshed out in this aspect than Worm was, although it's been a while since I've read Worm.

EDIT x2: Like Taylor goes 2 straight years not closely connecting to anyone and burns the closest thing she has to a friendship in that time up in an instant, and this is after she formed such close bonds with the Undersiders because of her previous isolation... it's weird and kind of served to underline how socially starved she is, I guess, but I don't think it was the greatest writing. Victoria's also got trust issues but she bonds with people much quicker than Taylor did in that period even after going through the hugest betrayal in her life and the resulting erosion of her social support system. It kind of feels like Taylor's (lack of) development over the timeskip was just because of the timeskip and it being clumsily written but it's still one of the things I'm going to point to as a big flaw in Worm, so it's interesting to see Wildbow take more care with Victoria and specifically how she's changed over the timeskips.

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Apr 9, 2018

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
WB has said before that in his edits he's going to flesh out the timeskip a bit. Its one of the sections he wasnt happy with.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Error 404 posted:

WB has said before that in his edits he's going to flesh out the timeskip a bit. Its one of the sections he wasnt happy with.
Yeah. I think it's one of those things he did because he had to advance the story in time but then once you've settled that and you have already said it's an unedited story you're stuck with it until you finish the story itself. That's got to be frustrating as an author.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Practical Guide's back

Looks like there's been a party train in the downtime. Wonder if and when Catherine will have aspects again - seems like its straight up juice right now

lurksion fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Apr 9, 2018

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

The writing in Wandering Inn goes up and down in quality, that chapter wasn't very good tbh. The one after it was kind of interesting.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I liked Ward a lot more when I thought it was going to be Victoria doing some sort of freelance/contracting with a bunch of established capes, exploring this new society and how the role of capes has changed post-apocalypse, as well as Vic's character and her friend's/occasional team.

Maybe because I thought the first bunch were interesting, and Crystal clear's interlude was real good, and then it's just some randos and sveta.

I also dug them being on the periphery of the big stuff, instead of instigators or really involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
New mother of learning was real good.as usual.

Lichdad is still the best Lich