Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

The only important difference in the TV version of Battle of Gods is that Bulma has a boat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

a cartoon duck posted:

The only important difference in the TV version of Battle of Gods is that Bulma has a boat.
To be fair knowing she has a boat is non-ironically part of the finale. :v:

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

That, is the joke.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I watched both movies and the show and regret nothing so there

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I watched the show version because I watched week by week. If you have the option, then you definitely wanna watch Battle of Gods instead. Resurrection F is a bit harder to recommend, but in the end the anime version is way too stretched out and looks terrible for me to suggest watching it over the movie.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

rof is really good until piccolo fights the cow. it falls apart from then on but it is at least very nice looking

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
The episodes of DBS on Crunchyroll are TV quality, but I'm almost certain the episodes airing on Toonami are Blu-Ray quality (or at least they were for the episodes that were really really bad).

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
yeah, Crunchyroll is TV quality but Toonami and DVDs/BDs are blu-ray quality (I wanna say I saw the Resurrection F arc DVD box set at Wal-Mart the other day, so they're at least that far)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So in the theoretical Super Z I want Vegeta to finally start calling himself the King of All Saiyans because it’s been like 40 years come on you’re not Prince Charles

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

vegeta takes crowning ceremonies very seriously

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
He can not become king until the Parliament of All Saiyans approves.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Rutibex posted:

He can not become king until the Parliament of All Saiyans approves.

Which I think, at this point, is basically just Goku.

Goku think King refers to a candy bar size, so he might approve.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Kurui Reiten posted:

Or he might think it is a power up.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that monty python and the holy grail joke but with goku as the peasant and vegeta as king arthur

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Kurui Reiten posted:

The Saiyan house of commons consists entirely of Goku. The Saiyan house of lords consists entirely of Tarble.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

turns out tarble is his older brother and that's why vegeta hasn't claimed the throne

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Jiren Rules

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

the villain of the new movie is vegeta's cousin "jimmy" tarbuck

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
They never revived poor King Kai, did they? I would have loved a shot of him during the last episode realizing he hadn't heard from Goku in a while and checking in only to find him in the middle of the tournament fighting along side Frieza.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/JimLee/status/983159912279633920

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Stan Lee's son finally admits to liking anime.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Looking back, I wasn't a big fan of the new music in Super but goddamn stuff like the Ultra Instinct theme and the really dramatic fight music during the TOP are pretty much the best incidental music in the series

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Calaveron posted:

Looking back, I wasn't a big fan of the new music in Super but goddamn stuff like the Ultra Instinct theme and the really dramatic fight music during the TOP are pretty much the best incidental music in the series

Ka-ka-ka-ka-chi da ze!!!

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I do feel they overused Ultimate Battle a bit, but then they first played it for Ultra Instinct Sign I was hyped up as gently caress.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

Ka-ka-ka-ka-chi da ze!!!

No, not that one, the one that starts with super dramatic strings and then morphs into this heroic theme

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I think it's what plays when Goku's beating the poo poo out of Jiren after he shoots the stands
It's the only other non kakaka song that plays when Goku hits UI

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

a cartoon duck posted:

I do feel they overused Ultimate Battle a bit, but then they first played it for Ultra Instinct Sign I was hyped up as gently caress.

I find it interesting the only time they played the full version was when Goku fought Kefla. The final battle didn't even have it.

The only time it felt unneeded was when they fought universe 3.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX-iQi5qudU
This is what I'm talking about. It's both an OH gently caress LIMITS ARE BEING BROKEN and OH gently caress GOKU CAN WIN THIS theme which is perfect Dragon Ball ethos

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Whatever song played during the Majin Buu and Basil fight is one of my favorites. It felt jazzy and new for Dragonball and I kinda wish Universe 9 had stuck around a bit longer so it got used more.

Edit: This one. Listening to it again they actually used it all the loving time. The first time just stuck out to me.

TheHan fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 9, 2018

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

TheHan posted:

Whatever song played during the Majin Buu and Basil fight is one of my favorites. It felt jazzy and new for Dragonball and I kinda wish Universe 9 had stuck around a bit longer so it got used more.

Edit: This one. Listening to it again they actually used it all the loving time. The first time just stuck out to me.

I really like that one, it's got parts of what I like about the original and 90s american soundtracks.

A personal fave from Super is A Fearsome Foe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOajeHAZpQg but that's mostly from it playing when Jiren goes against Goku the first round and starts beating his rear end

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

the soundtrack for kai was way better before they found out the guy plagiarized basically every song in his entire career and replaced it all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYiMyhBhJpc

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Man I would pay extra for DBS blurays that were shaded like original DBZ :allears:

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

DeepSide (currently, BeeSide) is a national treasure. Not only for the images, they sell a lot of really cool nerdy poo poo, my girlfriend bought a 3D printed Bulbasaur lamp from them and I took the chance and got an Android 16 WCF (counterfeit, looks pretty terrible) at a discount. I actually thought of buying other stuff from them but I'm always scared of using money and then not having money.

Translation, if anyone needs it:

"Master Roshi, Master Roshi! Krillin is dead!"
"What?! Aaaaaah!"
"That's right, dying of how much I want to go to the Great Martial Arts Tournament!"

(sorry if I'm not following the Simpsons scene correctly, I don't have it at hand and I remember it in Latin American Spanish)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Please keep going

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://twitter.com/PurpleLizardMan/status/982511754864295941

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Man I hope they still keep 17 as MVP in the manga.

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOUkte3Ldc8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Calaveron posted:

Man I hope they still keep 17 as MVP in the manga.

On the one hand, it's the manga, where apparently Toyotarou saw that people complained about The Goku and Vegeta Show and decided that the problem was the "and Vegeta".

On the other, the order of eliminations comes from Toriyama, so regardless of Toyotarou's feelings towards Goku, 17 has to win in the end. Whether he does that by being as amazing as he was in the anime or if he just survives in the background, I can't say.