Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Dias posted:

People have trouble literally reading the TEXT of a kids' show, because it's not even like that was just eluded to, Grande Padre outright says "yeah, we thought the winner would do this, otherwise EVERYONE WOULD GET DELETED."

If thats the expected outcome and they went forward with the tournament pretty sure that the erasures would be undone, how is that functionally any different from the TOP just bein a laff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Momomo posted:

The universes getting erased was never a joke? Them getting destroyed was very real and if 17 had wished for anything else, they would have gotten erased too and that would be the end of it. The idea was that if the winner was a good person like they were expecting, then all the universes would be back, but not because the Zenos did it.

So does this mean that Zeno is actually omniscient? Can he see the future? The high priest said he foresaw the ending.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Meme Emulator posted:

If thats the expected outcome and they went forward with the tournament pretty sure that the erasures would be undone, how is that functionally any different from the TOP just bein a laff?

It was a test, they expected the possible winner to be selfless but otherwise everyone would get wiped out. Even if you read "oh sure they could read the future it was just wankery", which was never stated, it's not like the universes knew, so it'd at least foster a sense of selflessness into them.

edit: never stated outside of Zeno, who's basically not sayin' poo poo otherwise, I mean

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Rutibex posted:

So does this mean that Zeno is actually omniscient? Can he see the future? The high priest said he foresaw the ending.

GP just said that he knew he could count in U7.

He sensed the Protagonism emanating off of them.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Blaze Dragon posted:

While I agree, U7 itself improves through the Tournament. Goku completely abandons his ego and reaches levels beyond even the gods! Vegeta's feeling towards those he loves get even stronger! 17 leaves his materialism behind and embraces becoming a saviour! Freeza almost becomes a genuinely good person!

Frieza learns to trust others and to sacrifice his ego for a greater cause
I don't know what the official translation of kaka says, but the translation Adrian Barba uses is about fighting and wining without ego, except for the joy of realizing how strong you have become

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Calaveron posted:

Frieza learns to trust others and to sacrifice his ego for a greater cause
I don't know what the official translation of kaka says, but the translation Adrian Barba uses is about fighting and wining without ego, except for the joy of realizing how strong you have become

Never not link Adrian Barba.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMhNN7IwE60

Anyways, these are the lyrics, translated from Japanese

Ultimate Battle posted:

Ti-ti-ti-ti-time to fight
Sta-sta-sta-sta-stand above the rest
Jyan jyan byan byan the Ultimate Battle
Has no meaning, it is just fighting

I'm glad I got to meet amazing guys like you
Is it alright if I show off my strength?
Full power, breaking limits
From this point on, the Gods will watch in awe

Se-se-se-se-seriously?
He-he-he-he-Heaven and Earth
Jyan jyan byan byan will burn in pillars of fire
There is no meaning, it is just fighting
Until ego turns to nothingness

When my fist goes astray, the sky breaks
When everything is destroyed, what is born?
One-hit kill ten million times
When my body is tattered and broken, where can I stop and rest?

Ho-ho-ho-ho-how foolish
Ho-ho-ho-ho-how cruel
Jyan jyan byan byan I'll laugh at fate
When the Spirit Bomb is pushed to its limit
It will shine eternally

Existence awakened, limits reborn
Surpassing consciousness, the fight continues
Se-se-se-se-seriously?
He-he-he-he-Heaven and Earth
Jyan jyan byan byan will burn in pillars of fire

Ho-ho-ho-ho-how foolish
Ho-ho-ho-ho-how cruel
Jyan jyan byan byan I'll laugh at fate
It has no meaning, it is just fighting
Until ego turns to nothingness

So it's absolutely about fighting without wishing for something concrete, leaving ego behind, just for the sake of the fight itself. Kind of grim honestly, but this is Dragon Ball, so it's the absolute of purity anyone should reach out for and it's very much Goku.txt.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Blaze Dragon posted:

Never not link Adrian Barba.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMhNN7IwE60

Anyways, these are the lyrics, translated from Japanese

So it's absolutely about fighting without wishing for something concrete, leaving ego behind, just for the sake of the fight itself. Kind of grim honestly, but this is Dragon Ball, so it's the absolute of purity anyone should reach out for and it's very much Goku.txt.

Yeah and Barba's version also mentions how it's your turn to win the rematch because victory is on your mind and also how you'll protect the universe but they probably put that in because nothing loves anything the way Mexico loves Goku and of course he's the savior and protector of our universe

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
If Whis could do something about Frieza, then couldn't Champa request something from Vados to do something about the Namek's merging? That could easily solve their population problem. Considering that they would want to improve their mortal level, I'm sure they're willing to accept requests like these.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I like that Whis is fine with King Kai being dead

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Its really not a big deal hes just mad that the other low level gods make fun of him for dying.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

It is funny though how people here miss the most obvious things. Like straight up, said aloud, confirmed TEXT and some people still can't grasp it. Remember that big argument about whether flying was allowed in the ToP, despite it being stated outright that it wasn't and even showing a drat illustration if it not being allowed lol

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Ramadu posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLo9iRpkeRY

i cant stop laughing

cockarott lmao

lol Vagman

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Alan_Shore posted:

It is funny though how people here miss the most obvious things. Like straight up, said aloud, confirmed TEXT and some people still can't grasp it. Remember that big argument about whether flying was allowed in the ToP, despite it being stated outright that it wasn't and even showing a drat illustration if it not being allowed lol

Yeah but then lots of people flew during the tournament of power.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Rutibex posted:

Yeah but then lots of people flew during the tournament of power.

Who? Just the guys with legit wings from my memory. Even in the climactic battle everyone was running and leaping and falling

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
They weren't flying; they were falling. With style.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Alan_Shore posted:

Who? Just the guys with legit wings from my memory. Even in the climactic battle everyone was running and leaping and falling

Freeza literally grabbed Jiren and tried to fly him off the stage during the final episode. There were lots of other times (like Jiren meditating, etc) but that was the one the comes to mind first.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Rutibex posted:

Freeza literally grabbed Jiren and tried to fly him off the stage during the final episode. There were lots of other times (like Jiren meditating, etc) but that was the one the comes to mind first.

Freeza just had Goku launch him, though. He wasn't flying under his own power, he was just tackling/grappling Jiren.

The show was decent about having characters hold to the no flying rule, albeit it's still about characters who have ridiculous jumping abilities.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Extreme0 posted:

lol Vagman

right? Assman would have been a layup but they got greedy

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rutibex posted:

Freeza literally asked Goku to propel him at Jiren.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
basing the fate of the multiverse on the moral characters of a bunch of people who Really loving Love Fighting seems like a bad idea imo

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nobody without wings flew but a lot of fights played out in a way that the distinction was there in name only. it wasn't exactly og dragon ball

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

nobody without wings flew but a lot of fights played out in a way that the distinction was there in name only. it wasn't exactly og dragon ball

even og dragonball had them jumping real high and fighting even before Goku knew how to fly

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

we both know that played out very differently in dragon ball

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Manatee Cannon posted:

Yeah you were a child then.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

:rolleyes:

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Rutibex posted:

Spiritus Nox posted:

Freeza just had Goku launch him, though. He wasn't flying under his own power, he was just tackling/grappling Jiren.

This is kinda proving my point about people missing the most obvious things.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvG6pVdPqnw

:thinking:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Remember when Goku literally flew against the dragon.

Like a helicopter.

I don’t remember why he didn’t do that more.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea that is pretty different I know. tho I was thinking more about the first tournament where nobody could fly at all

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The episode where it was Goku, Vegeta and 17 against Jiren had a lot of movement that was basically flight if I recall.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Rutibex posted:

They predicted that Goku would be a good person, just like we all predicted the wish would be to restore all the universes.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

Freeza literally asked Goku to propel him at Jiren.

Yeah but Freeza did that whole "I'm going fast aura", it distinctly looked like he was propelling himself by some of his own power. Also Jiren made them veer to the side mid fall, isn't changing your direction mid air flying?!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Freeza should have flow around by using telekinesis on a piece of the stage, like Terra from Teen Titans:

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Jiren changed their direction by being really strong, it wasn't flying. Same way he was stronger than time against Hit.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Jiren's rippling muscles are so powerful not even time can weaken them.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Half of Dracula posted:

Jiren changed their direction by being really strong, it wasn't flying. Same way he was stronger than time against Hit.

:thunk:
Ok, I'll buy that

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I mean, it works for the Incredible Hulk. Dude totally jukes midair by flexing his super strong muscles.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I remember being confused how little pieces of the stage weren't actually resting on anything and they just sort of floated there and then I thought about how when the stage was larger it was also just floating in the nothing and I accepted that easily enough then I got to thinking about if our own universe is just floating on top of a nothing and I decided really it wasn't that odd at all in the grand scheme of things.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Rutibex posted:

Freeza should have flow around by using telekinesis on a piece of the stage, like Terra from Teen Titans:

Is that real, professional art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Alan_Shore posted:

Is that real, professional art

Early to mid 2000s chasing the Anime highs without a real budget

Still looks better than Garo Crimson Moon