Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lobok posted:

gently caress, Marry, Kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Props for promoting proper hydration.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

yeah that is very nice. good hustle, poster designer

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

Chinese poster for Solo

Japanese version

I love the Japanese one, looks hella good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I also like that it's a case of if they transliterated the English title as is, it would only be two characters, so they added a bit more to it. It's why Thor is Mighty Thor over there.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Isn't it literally just "Han Solo"?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, it's "Han Solo."

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ranger Solo in China

In Africa they call him Sister Solo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Taintrunner posted:

In Africa they call him Sister Solo

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Technically not from a movie, but I love the poster for the George Lucas Super Live Adventure, a Japanese stage show that combined every George Lucas move he had made up to that point.

JfishPirate
Jun 24, 2006
I have been grossly misinformed about witches.

Gann Jerrod posted:

Technically not from a movie, but I love the poster for the George Lucas Super Live Adventure, a Japanese stage show that combined every George Lucas move he had made up to that point.

Ready Player One: Origins

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, it's "Han Solo."

In my country they had to name the movie "Han Solo" as well...because, uhm, solo also means "alone" in Spanish. So. uhm, that would had been a bit weird and funny, to be honest.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

"Han's Solo Adventure"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This movie was made by hand. Solo.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Every time I see one of these Solo posters it feels like a Make a Wish kid won some chance to go on a Star Wars adventure for a day

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Taintrunner posted:

Every time I see one of these Solo posters it feels like a Make a Wish kid won some chance to go on a Star Wars adventure for a day

thats pretty cool, i like that

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?

Gann Jerrod posted:

Where’s THX 1138?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

This movie was made by hand. Solo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cloGsoRM7DU

It's pronounced Han-Jabba

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Have a Solo poster

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Solo, or the 120 Days of Bespin

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

2THICC3SPOOKY

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Now that's a tagline

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

big Goosebumps fan

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

This poster is awakening something inside of me.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Taintrunner posted:

Yeah but I'd watch that when they posted it on youtube.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

davidspackage posted:

This poster is awakening something inside of me.
Its bad to make your peen an innie.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

That one of those movie posters I always saw at the rental place I went to as a kid (pre-blockbuster). It would be this, the creepy late 80s Blob poster with the guy melting, and some underwater movie with a diving suit that is half tore apart.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I still can’t find a trailer for that Mile 22 shitshow

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

GrandpaPants posted:

Have a Solo poster

Solo is awesome. Everyone should watch Solo.

I never watched it until recently because this poster made me think it was a comedy or something.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

SleepCousinDeath posted:

Solo is awesome. Everyone should watch Solo.

I never watched it until recently because this poster made me think it was a comedy or something.

That movie ruined what, for me, was a fun set of books back in the 90s.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rirse posted:

That one of those movie posters I always saw at the rental place I went to as a kid (pre-blockbuster). It would be this, the creepy late 80s Blob poster with the guy melting, and some underwater movie with a diving suit that is half tore apart.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

I remember this being a pretty good B monster movie, with creature effects good enough that they didn't have to hide the monster with darkness or cuts. But it's been roughly two decades since I last saw it, so I can't confirm that.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Paper Kaiju posted:

I remember this being a pretty good B monster movie, with creature effects good enough that they didn't have to hide the monster with darkness or cuts. But it's been roughly two decades since I last saw it, so I can't confirm that.

I feel like it's one of those posters that are too evocative for their own good. My mind is running wild imagining all kinds of creepy deep sea aliens. It can't possibly live up to these insane expectations.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Paper Kaiju posted:

I remember this and Leviathan came out around the same time and were very similar, but Leviathan had Robocop and Amanda Pays in her underwear, so I preferred that.

Also Richard Crenna, Dainel Stern and Ernie Hudson. Solid not-quite-A-list cast. Both of these and The Abyss in the same year too.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 20:37 on May 7, 2018

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
"Save your last breath... to scream." Is a pretty goddamned fantastic tagline.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I remember seeing both The Abyss and Leviathan in the theatres. There were a couple more deep sea movies in 89-90 iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
So did they actually make a deadpool movie in the end or has everyone employed in the production just been spending all day making new posters