Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

gmq posted:

I'm sad because this is probably the last time Jirou will ever be anything close to a "main" character but that was amazing.
The rest of the chapter was pure :unsmith: but that is pretty :smith:, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Anyway this was nice and all but now we can get to the real meat of this arc, which is five chapters of Class B's play.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
At least the unfinished panels were mostly relegated to the in-betweens.

It kind of blows me away that a sketchy Horikoshi chapter still looks as good or better than a lot of other series.

I literally cried irl at the ending anyway. A+ chapter.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

gmq posted:

I'm sad because this is probably the last time Jirou will ever be anything close to a "main" character but that was amazing.

the imbalance of character time still grates me a little as well, yeah

1-A has always had a few "why are you even here" characters like satou and sero (though i still want more of ojiro, i bet he's abrim with secrets) but even previously "major" side characters like iida and tsuyu have sort of dropped off the earth since the overhaul arc started

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
I like how Deku straight up acknowledges that he's been fighting bullshit hard enemies the whole time.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Reallycoolname posted:

I like how Deku straight up acknowledges that he's been fighting bullshit hard enemies the whole time.

I like that someone had to tell Deku "Dude, don't get on stage with your face all bloody, you'll freak people out."

Anyways, this whole sequence is going to look amazing when it gets animated in a few years.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Shere posted:

At least the unfinished panels were mostly relegated to the in-betweens.

It kind of blows me away that a sketchy Horikoshi chapter still looks as good or better than a lot of other series.

I literally cried irl at the ending anyway. A+ chapter.

Lol no it doesn't. It's not even as good as black clovers sketchy chapters

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

the imbalance of character time still grates me a little as well, yeah

1-A has always had a few "why are you even here" characters like satou and sero (though i still want more of ojiro, i bet he's abrim with secrets) but even previously "major" side characters like iida and tsuyu have sort of dropped off the earth since the overhaul arc started

What are you talking about, Iida has been there doing the robot the whole time!

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

Jose posted:

Lol no it doesn't. It's not even as good as black clovers sketchy chapters

I think the paneling and motion are still pretty ambitious (which might have been the problem) but the pages that had to be complete we're on-point and effective.

But I also wasn't just limiting myself to Jump series and don't necessarily need to pick this as a hill to die on so okay, sure.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

This guy's just been doing the robot the whole time!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The dude’s dealing with the production of a movie and an anime in addition to the stupidly brutal weekly grind of Jump, gently caress all y’all complaining that your free pretty pictures aren’t pretty enough

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I pay for them. Im not complaining I don't really mind but some panels in this were pretty heinous to the point of barely being able to tell what was going on. Black clover has similar issues for whatever reason but it's a lot easier to tell what's happening.

Idk shouldn't assistants be doing some of that work if it's clear it won't be finished on time

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

The dude’s dealing with the production of a movie and an anime in addition to the stupidly brutal weekly grind of Jump, gently caress all y’all complaining that your free pretty pictures aren’t pretty enough

The pictures aren't pretty enough

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Calling out a posters hyperbole is complaining the pictures aren't pretty enough. Got it :thumbsup:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Look, the rest of the chapter could've been rough storyboards with barely recognizable characters, and so long as we got the shots of Eri smiling and Mirio being excited about it I'd have been fine.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

I was a bit hyperbolic Jose, I don't think you should get poo poo for calling me out.

I still think it looks good.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

My only actual complaint about the art is the panel of the start of the laser show being rough. That could have had the work some of the earlier pages had

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
all manga should switch to monthly release

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
This chapter had some HxH turkey moments. It happens but it was pretty bad this time.

Black Clover's rough pages look better mostly because Tataba generally goes Kubo on the backgrounds. There's a reason the enemy base is a big floating mountain whose interior is all nice large featureless cubes with no windows

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
All I can think about is how amazing this chapter will look when the anime gets to it.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wasn't complaining either, just noting that like another poster I briefly thought it might be for emphasis before realizing that, no, it's just deadlines forcing incomplete pages to be published. And also expressing sympathy for mangaka for the aforementioned brutal schedule, so.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Viridiant posted:

All I can think about is how amazing this chapter will look when the anime gets to it.

Mirio crying will make me cry.....

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

How do you cry while reading a comic?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Injuryprone posted:

How do you cry while reading a comic?

Quietly.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
It’ll look good in the tank release.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

truly the new hunter hunter,

except not nearly as good.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I've been wondering for a while now what the endgame for this series is gonna be. I imagine the villains will all be defeated, but with the points being made against a symbol of peace and what not...where does this series go at the finish line? I'd prefer not to see a time skip, but at the same time I'd understand if we get a glimpse of what the future holds in terms of the balance of good and evil, law and lawlessness. Does this series just end with Deku graduating and "well, we'll see how it goes?" That sounds awful.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

God drat what an ending.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Josuke Higashikata posted:

truly the new hunter hunter,

except not nearly as good.
ehhhhhhhhh I think it's a stretch to call HxH good anymore

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Fabricated posted:

Hunter x Hunter is as good as it's ever been. Togashi has my praise for keeping up the Hiatus Arc for so long, even if he needed breaks for other, less interesting arcs, but he's always gone back to it and I think that makes him top-tier.

Now seriously, HxH is good but the wait is suffering and he'll die before it is done. Still, the story is consistently interesting even if the art can be dodgy (if it can even be seen behind the walls of text).

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Fabricated posted:

mods

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

but are we going to see Class B's play tho

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

I've been wondering for a while now what the endgame for this series is gonna be. I imagine the villains will all be defeated, but with the points being made against a symbol of peace and what not...where does this series go at the finish line? I'd prefer not to see a time skip, but at the same time I'd understand if we get a glimpse of what the future holds in terms of the balance of good and evil, law and lawlessness. Does this series just end with Deku graduating and "well, we'll see how it goes?" That sounds awful.

Well the first chapter started with the narration of Deku saying "this is the story of how I became the greatest hero" or something like that, so that's presumably the end game.

One thing I've been wondering is if we'll see any roster changes as we go from year to year. Like, I doubt we'll see any major shake ups, but it would be funny if Monoma ended up in class 2-A and the second he was in the same class as everyone else, he started acting all nice and friendly with them.

"Hate you, why would I hate you? We're all in the same class here. We're all going to be great heroes! Not like those losers in class 2-B, am I right?"

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Well the first chapter started with the narration of Deku saying "this is the story of how I became the greatest hero" or something like that, so that's presumably the end game.

One thing I've been wondering is if we'll see any roster changes as we go from year to year. Like, I doubt we'll see any major shake ups, but it would be funny if Monoma ended up in class 2-A and the second he was in the same class as everyone else, he started acting all nice and friendly with them.

"Hate you, why would I hate you? We're all in the same class here. We're all going to be great heroes! Not like those losers in class 2-B, am I right?"

I’ll take Kendou and Monoma for Dr Do Little and the sugar shitter

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

Hunter x Hunter is as good as it's ever been. Togashi has my praise for keeping up the Hiatus Arc for so long, even if he needed breaks for other, less interesting arcs, but he's always gone back to it and I think that makes him top-tier.

Now seriously, HxH is good but the wait is suffering and he'll die before it is done. Still, the story is consistently interesting even if the art can be dodgy (if it can even be seen behind the walls of text).

ya it's a testament to how strong an author togashi is that it's still interesting after he basically retired the main character (well, for now at least I guess)

hxh makes for a poor comparison to mha outside of this chapter being unfinished tho. they aren't particularly alike

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

TheKingofSprings posted:

the sugar shitter

But he makes such yummy cakes :ohdear:

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

I imagine it'll be something like this:

Class 1-A is going to open a hero agency all together and it'll basically end up as a Japanese Justice League, restructuring the hero society to make it less about a bunch of competing heroes in it for fame and money and more about a co-operative team all working together nationwide. All of them will be the Symbol of Peace.

Deku will probably use up all of OfA/cripple himself and will strictly serve as the director who saved the world and founded the league. Bakugo and Todoroki will compete for the top hero spot so technically all 3 could be called the Greatest Hero.

Mineta dies.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

TheKingofSprings posted:

I’ll take Kendou and Monoma for Dr Do Little and the sugar shitter

Er, why not just trade Grape for Kendou.

gently caress Monoma, desperate need for More Kendou in this manga.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Because he's getting traded for Shinso.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Eri smiled and this is great, my eyes genuinely welled up a little at the end

wonder what's next, I wonder if we're going to get movement on the traitor subplot