Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Dragonatrix posted:

Okay, but what about the real dub? It's either invisible or a generic super soaker, and I'd bet on the former here.

Your power is turning into metal eh?
Let's see you rust hero!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Radish posted:

Another problem with the Overhaul arc was introducing a bunch of new faces then immediately giving them multi chapter fights combined with flashbacks out of nowhere (which gets back to the pacing issue), while also having the girl team basically ignored. Some of the fights were also incredibly difficult to follow like Suneater's.

Since the anime seems willing to expand some parts of the story(like the fight through the forest when they first arrive at camp), I hope they give the girl team more screen time when we get to it.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Rhonne posted:

Since the anime seems willing to expand some parts of the story(like the fight through the forest when they first arrive at camp), I hope they give the girl team more screen time when we get to it.

Yeah that would be cool. Them crashing through the ceiling unexpectedly on the back of a dragon was bad rear end but it did feel ridiculously lopsided that Suneater got a multi issue fight combined with a flashback and Uraraka and Tsuyu got so little.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I also hope they shuffle around some of the flashbacks. I really liked Kirishima's, but it happened in a really weird spot in the middle of Fatgum's fight.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Just delete all of the expandables except for dude Kirishima fights since I can't remember anyone else.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I remember the eating guy.

Rhonne posted:

I also hope they shuffle around some of the flashbacks. I really liked Kirishima's, but it happened in a really weird spot in the middle of Fatgum's fight.

Yeah. It also benefits that it was a stealth Mina flashback and included one of the best sequence of panels.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Just delete all of the expandables except for dude Kirishima fights since I can't remember anyone else.

Rappa was basically the only one that had much in the way of character, so I'm not really surprised.

I do sorta remember Irinaka, the Mimic guy, because he had a fun power that was used in a way that it normally wouldn't be.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

heres something i've never really got, about toga: does she have some kind of overall plan when she picks who to get blood from or what?

like the first time we see her get blood she gets it from uraraka, then she seems to specifically use it to target deku during the license test to get his blood, then during the overhaul fight she uses it to redirect the girl team. my guess is that she just picks people who seem like they'd be useful or who she's interested in but i think there were also implications she had specific plans so i dunno.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Stexils posted:

heres something i've never really got, about toga: does she have some kind of overall plan when she picks who to get blood from or what?

like the first time we see her get blood she gets it from uraraka, then she seems to specifically use it to target deku during the license test to get his blood, then during the overhaul fight she uses it to redirect the girl team. my guess is that she just picks people who seem like they'd be useful or who she's interested in but i think there were also implications she had specific plans so i dunno.

There was clearly some degree of a plan in her first appearance, Toga outright states that she was told to get blood from at least three students, meaning that the League of Villains had an idea of what to do with it. Whether she followed through with said plan or not is hard to say, or if she then had plans of her own or merely acts as she pleases. Considering her personality though, the latter seems more believable

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Stexils posted:

In the anime version of the summer camp, she mentions she had a 'quota' of three blood samples, which she fails to get since she gets distracted by Deku. Been too long since I read that section to remember if that was in the manga, too. Honestly, Toga more than any of the other LoV members seems to just be going along for shits and giggles. Wouldn't surprise me if she had no long-term plan and just wanted to cause maximum chaos by impersonating important people at key moments.

Here's something that just occurred to me: Using her power in combination with Twice means she could probably be two different impersonations in the same scene at the same time? Or more?

edit: typed too slow

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I want Deku to trick Twice into cloning him someday and the clone Deku just starts running around blowing his puddy limbs off hitting villains at full strength.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I wonder how long-lasting the various LoV villains will be. The protagonists are all young, so they've got a lot of development to do, both in personality and powers. But a bunch of the villains are adults, and presumably have already developed their powers as much as they're going to. And we've already seen a couple of the villains killed off or captured already. How many of the current villain crew are going to be removed to be replaced by newer models?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Instead of developing their powers the VA are going to develop their bonds of friendship which is definitely more important than just getting stronger.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Bobulus posted:

I wonder how long-lasting the various LoV villains will be. The protagonists are all young, so they've got a lot of development to do, both in personality and powers. But a bunch of the villains are adults, and presumably have already developed their powers as much as they're going to. And we've already seen a couple of the villains killed off or captured already. How many of the current villain crew are going to be removed to be replaced by newer models?

i could definitely see the stitches fire guy getting taken out. he's pretty forgettable so far outside his design. toga and twice will probably stick around for the long haul, especially since twice hasn't really done anything yet.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Stexils posted:

i could definitely see the stitches fire guy getting taken out. he's pretty forgettable so far outside his design. toga and twice will probably stick around for the long haul, especially since twice hasn't really done anything yet.
Dabi is way more important than any of the current members so far and specifically the police didn't find his real name. Chances are he's a Todoroki somehow or is connected to them.

Toga is there to lose to Uraraka in what will be the usual kinda lame, low-impact shounen catfight over Deku.

Twice will probably have some sort of really sad ending since it's clear he's just really mentally ill moreso than evil.

Spinner will almost certainly either lose a fight to Iida, or eat some fratricide since he's the hardest core Stain adherent in the group.

Compress will probably pull off one or two more major tricks with his quirk and then get basically off-screened or unceremoniously beaten since he's non-combat. Gigantomachia I have no idea since they're going for more "force of nature" kinda stuff with him. I think Horikoshi mentioned at one point the Villain Alliance was going to keep growing its membership so there will likely be more members at some point.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

Toga is there to lose to Uraraka in what will be the usual kinda lame, low-impact shounen catfight over Deku.

I doubt it would be lame or a catfight. Probably more a actual fight. And if by over Deku, you mean over Deku's body with Ochaco trying to stop Toga from stabbing him.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

GodFish posted:

I'm pretty sure One for All is really nanomachines, which is why it can be passed on unlike all the other quirks.

Nanomachines, my boy!

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
you guys have it all wrong. Dabi is secretly deku's older half brother from his dad's affair in america

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

my bet's on dabi having nothing to do with todoroki at all

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Elfgames posted:

you guys have it all wrong. Dabi is secretly deku's older half brother from his dad's affair in america

But Deku's dad is secretly Endeavor!

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
It’s real fun to read the anime thread right now, those guys are not ready for what’s up next.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

guess they'll have to overhaul their expectations at some point

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I hope we get a week between episodes half as delicious as what it must have been like for the MP100 manga readers when the anime is airing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

my bet's on dabi having nothing to do with todoroki at all

Yeah, watch him actually be All Might's Garfield Lynns.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
It’ll be nice to end the Bakugo Villian chat, which I am reading for no reason.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Fabricated posted:

I think Horikoshi mentioned at one point the Villain Alliance was going to keep growing its membership so there will likely be more members at some point.

Mustard's probably coming back at some point since he was one of the originals introduced along with Gigantomachia, Toga and Dabi. He also was shown to be treated in a distinctly different fashion than the other VA members who were caught.

The talking Noumu also seems like something that will probably come up again, probably when we find out more about the doctor and Noumus in general.

I'm also guessing that All for One will come back at some point and give some of the members a second quirk.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

rumble in the bunghole posted:

It’s real fun to read the anime thread right now, those guys are not ready for what’s up next.

The mild smug satisfaction from seeing the theories tossed around there is nice.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Mandalay.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Rhonne posted:

But Deku's dad is secretly Endeavor!

that's dumb dabi has blue fire not red

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

rumble in the bunghole posted:

It's fun reading this thread and comparing it to the thread for the light novels. You guys aren't ready for what's coming.

deku and bakugo have to protect an egg baby or they'll be expelled for real

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
with consequences that severe they should call them heavy novels

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

I just want to see Twice use his quirk on Ectoplasm so we just get clones amongst clones.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Extreme0 posted:

I just want to see Twice use his quirk on Ectoplasm so we just get clones amongst clones.

And one of them is Toga.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Elfgames posted:

that's dumb dabi has blue fire not red

I'm guessing fire is a fairly common power, seeing as how there are four characters so far that can use it.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Endeavor can make blue flames sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYp5MLl5tZg

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Dabi is Azula
Todoroki is Zuko
Endeavour is Ozai

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://readms.net/r/my_hero_academia/183/5075/1

A very good conclusion to what's been a very good arc.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Rhonne posted:

I want Deku to trick Twice into cloning him someday and the clone Deku just starts running around blowing his puddy limbs off hitting villains at full strength.

Yeah I'd be totally down for that. I'll be surprised if it doesn't happen eventually, it's too fun a premise not to see and I can totally believe clone Deku would throw a 100% power smash out there to just blow up everything along with itself, provided there was someone sufficiently strong that can take it and not die.

I'm kind of surprised that both the villains and heroes haven't worked out more synergistic team-ups. Granted we literally just saw an aspect of that with LoveLover and Gentle, and it's popped up here and there, and there are team-up attack moments, but it doesn't happen all the time. I guess I'm thinking more of specific Quirk pairings than just "my Quirk powers you up." Uraraka's a good example with gravity nullification being useful on its own, but there has to be a specific quirk out there that would be a force multiplier for it in combat, like if someone can make a material super dense or heavy, or normally their attack is slow but Ura's ability makes it move way faster.

I'm no expert and there's plenty of issues I haven't read or can't remember, so it could be more common than I think and it definitely does happen. I guess I shouldn't hold MHA to a higher standard than typical comic books where "team up long-term because our powers work well together" isn't really much of a thing at all.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

kidcoelacanth posted:

https://readms.net/r/my_hero_academia/183/5075/1

A very good conclusion to what's been a very good arc.

Class B is still the best and I wish we saw more of their play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Can we make calling La Brava 'LoveLover' probatable please.