Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

xtal posted:

It's a trolley problem. Looking to both history and the present, things change quickly, and most people live under dictators. You can pay for that now or pay the interest on it later.

I would also suggest the reason Americans turn guns on each other is that America is a terrible place, so we should fix that instead of becoming further entrenched in it.

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

belt posted:

dead children is just a price we have to pay i guess.

Maybe as a socially advanced society we could somehow make sure that 2nd amendment wasn't dependent on children dying? I guess that's just too hard for you isn't it?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

i like this thread, its like flypaper for dumb liberals lurking cspam

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
If we delete guns no children will ever die ever again forever due to the rage that society instills on the populous.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

sadly america is the only country on earth, so we have no examples of whether less guns=less gun death

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Maybe as a socially advanced society we could somehow make sure that 2nd amendment wasn't dependent on children dying? I guess that's just too hard for you isn't it?

Piu, this moron hiding behind irony, terrified they'll ever have to say something concrete.

*waves hand in front of nose*

They stink.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Head like a broken toilet. Mistakes the echos of a fart bouncing around their bowl-brain for actual thoughts. Opens their toilet lid mouth to sneer, nothing but flies and stink lines come out

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
a nation of fat morons hopped up on pills and armed to the teeth to defend or overthrow the government depending on the year

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

logikv9 posted:

a nation of fat morons hopped up on pills and armed to the teeth to defend or overthrow the government depending on the year

Not to mention your posting!

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Dead children is a price we have to pay for capitalism hth

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Oh no guys, the thread's running out of ammo. :five: to reload!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Power crazy how small is your dick

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

Power crazy how small is your dick

Within 1 standard deviation of all other dicks, much like yours. Not sure what that has to do with anything though.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Motto posted:

sadly america is the only country on earth, so we have no examples of whether less guns=less gun death
Less guns != no guns

There is an overabundance of guns due to consumer nature and them being produced to be consumed
I can agree with things that would produce less guns, like heavily regulating sale of guns to state entities who through representation control what stock is available for purchase. This would essentially make commercial gun manufacturing depend on the will of each state, not that lowering stock purchase demand really matters as even classic manufacturers are losing money in today's market ironically due to oversupply

2nd amendment says nothing about the right to sell any sort of arms nor the right of local municipalities to have restrictions and other fee-based laws. The ultimate argument against those who say restricting sales restricts their right to even get guns is that it's not illegal to make their own gun for personal use and blow off their hand without the state intervening

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Not to mention your posting!

something awful and by extension the entire internet should be proof enough that we shouldn't be trusted with anything sharper than a spoon

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

ThndrShk2k posted:

Less guns != no guns

There is an overabundance of guns due to consumer nature and them being produced to be consumed
I can agree with things that would produce less guns, like heavily regulating sale of guns to state entities who through representation control what stock is available for purchase. This would essentially make commercial gun manufacturing depend on the will of each state, not that lowering stock purchase demand really matters as even classic manufacturers are losing money in today's market ironically due to oversupply

"look i'm not saying confiscate guns from everyone, just people who aren't white, rich, and well connected"

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

A gun in every pot

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

3 posted:

"look i'm not saying confiscate guns from everyone, just people who aren't white, rich, and well connected"
Sounds like the status quo to me!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
widespread ownership of guns in poor and minority communities justifying the excessive use of force is definitely not what the elites want

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
new law that requires 50% of bullets manufactured to be defective

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Al! posted:

widespread ownership of guns in poor and minority communities justifying the excessive use of force is definitely not what the elites want

they don’t give a poo poo about justification, they want to ensure as much power inequity as possible. ideally no one but themselves and their business associates should have any option but absolute fealty.

you sound like the nobles who were upset about peasants that had crossbows.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

they don’t give a poo poo about justification, they want to ensure as much power inequity as possible. ideally no one but themselves and their business associates should have any option but absolute fealty.

you sound like the nobles who were upset about peasants that had crossbows.

lol, the nobles are the ones who armed them with crossbows, because it made them more easily replacible on the field of battle compared to someone who had to spend a lot of time practicing and building strength with a longbow before it could be fielded (that also had to be fitted to his exact height and draw strength, unlike a crossbow that could be taken off of a peasants corpse and sold to the next peasant)

and its the same way with guns

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i mean, it's literally the same way with guns because muskets replaced crossbows because they were less expensive to manufacture and easier to hand to a peasant to point and shoot at another replaceable peasant

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

but, yeah, im sure the ceo of goldman sachs is totally afraid of your little pea shooter that i'm sure you lock up responsibly as a Law Abiding Gun Owner instead of considering it a pacifier you can suck on and imagine that tom hanks really did blow up the tank

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Al! posted:

lol read a book

read two books

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i need guns to overthrow the government, I insist violently as I am targeted by a drone

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

3 posted:

lol read a book

read two books

hey, what happened to these guys btw

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

3 posted:

lol read a book

read two books

hell, just look at how many people are using armed resistance these days

oh nobody at all?

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Yinlock posted:

oh nobody at all?

nobody at all

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

sure are a lot of people sitting on their asses when kids are being shipped off to rape camps though

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Yinlock posted:

oh nobody at all?

hey, thats not fair, some heavily armed white conservatives were allowed to take over an off season and therefore empty wildlife refuge management office in a part of oregon thats hundreds of miles away from any population center for almost an entire month before the tanks rolled in and the leaders were captures or killed

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

Al! posted:

hey, thats not fair, some heavily armed white conservatives were allowed to take over an off season and therefore empty wildlife refuge management office in a part of oregon thats hundreds of miles away from any population center for almost an entire month before the tanks rolled in and the leaders were captures or killed

Pretty sure that cult/terrorist group wasn't broken up afterwards either.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pooky posted:

but at least everyone involved could kill another human being at the drop of a hat

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
I'm just gonna build my own gun but it's not gonna go bang it's gonna go pew as laws only apply to guns that go bang

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

logikv9 posted:

i need guns to overthrow the government, I insist violently as I am targeted by a drone

overthrowing the state isn't in it. you need guns when whatever the Proud Boys and III%'ers morph into in a few years start Doing The Dew for real to people you care about. unless your plan is mute witness to the march of history. which, realistically, it probably is despite whatever you're gonna post to the contrary.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

Al! posted:

Pooky posted:

Remembered where this was from. If you're interested in that standoff and all the dumb poo poo that came before it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundy_standoff

https://cultpodcast.podbean.com/e/ep-36-the-cult-of-patriotism-pt-1/
https://cultpodcast.podbean.com/e/ep-37-the-cult-of-patriotism-pt-2/

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Yinlock posted:

oh nobody at all?

Yinlock posted:

but at least everyone involved could kill another human being at the drop of a hat

*a purported leftist squints real hard at a militant political group getting visible traction in the public sphere, despite a notable absence of True Theory or wrinkles in their brains, because americans respect groups who don't just let people work them over, even when they're highly embarassing*

"It doesn't look like anything, to me."

Willie Tomg has issued a correction as of 23:22 on May 26, 2018

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

Willie Tomg posted:

*a purported leftist squints real hard at a militant political group getting visible traction in the public sphere, despite a notable absence of True Theory or wrinkles in their brains, because americans respect groups who don't just let people work them over, when they're highly embarassing*

"It doesn't look like anything, to me."

I don't think they got traction because of their weapons. They got in the news because of their weapons, then some people liked that they were telling the feds to gently caress off and supported them.

If a group occupied a newly built residential development and demanded housing for the homeless they would get in the news because of the weapons. The public doesn't care about the homeless though so they wouldn't get much public support and would likely be slaughtered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017
Abolish schools and work environments, bingo bongo problem solved

• Locked thread