Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I'm glad someone posted this before I had to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Like I said. This was the first fragment I did, and I loved it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.”

― Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time

Heckspawn
May 5, 2018

Oh well.

I dunno about you, but this seems pretty decisive to me!

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Does that mean we have a lot of Rens or a lot of Stimpy's?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mindblast posted:

Does that mean we have a lot of Rens or a lot of Stimpy's?

Stimpy is the cat.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Well, who loses at Don't Pee On The Electric Fence?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Could just be a lot of Dee-Dees.

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016
Why are you all so distrustful of The Button?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Sounds like something a button would say.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
when everyone else is dead the button will escape alone

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016
The fools think this is a button, but it is actually a cleverly disguised snail shell.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

OddHaberdasher posted:

The fools think this is a button, but it is actually a cleverly disguised snail shell.

So we do have to hit the button! That rear end in a top hat snail might kill all of humanity if we don't!

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016

VibrantPareidolia posted:

So we do have to hit the button! That rear end in a top hat snail might kill all of humanity if we don't!

But what if the shell is the only thing preventing it from unleashing it's full power!?

P.S. I feel pity for the new viewers. The snail talk (and eventual memes) is only going to get worse from here.

Side note: don't search for memes. That was probably obvious, but this game is very end heavy with it's memes.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Buttons are simply unfair.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010
So I finished playing through this game, and I'm honestly wondering why people said ZTD would be impossible to LP. It gets batshit insane, but that doesn't actually seem like an impediment here.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Azathoth256 posted:

So I finished playing through this game, and I'm honestly wondering why people said ZTD would be impossible to LP. It gets batshit insane, but that doesn't actually seem like an impediment here.
From what I've seen so far, I'm guessing dealing with the "Vote on choosing one of these 30-something scenes to view!" issue, which seems easily solved by simply not presenting every possible thing you could do at that point in the game as an option when asking for input.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

Zereth posted:

From what I've seen so far, I'm guessing dealing with the "Vote on choosing one of these 30-something scenes to view!" issue, which seems easily solved by simply not presenting every possible thing you could do at that point in the game as an option when asking for input.

In that sense, I think the OP has chosen a good way to handle it. I think voting will work well once the options narrow down, but not now.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010
To wit:

DeathChicken posted:

Buttons are simply unfair.

Heckspawn
May 5, 2018

Oh well.
Sorry for the delay, life happened and then also FFXIV 4.3. Update should be happening sometime today.

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016

Heckspawn posted:

Sorry for the delay, life happened and then also FFXIV 4.3. Update should be happening sometime today.

As long as you don't go Fedule on us, we'll be just fine. Still, life can be unfair, don't you think?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, we're used to months or years between updates at this point, take your time. It's a complex game.

Heckspawn
May 5, 2018

Oh well.
UPDATE 03-D: PUSH THE BUTTON, KRONK

Yep!

Phi was right. We're dead. Well done, thread.

But before I open the floor to vote on our next ill-fated endeavor, it's as good a time as any to explain how the flowchart in this game works.

You may remember when I posted the Fragment flowchart back at the beginning of this segment. Now that we've reached the end of a path, it looks like this:

Furthermore, Fragments are added to the global flowchart upon completion. Since I haven't shown you guys what that looks like yet, here you go.

Yeah. The Fragments aren't necessarily given to us in chronological order, so we have to actually play through them before we can see how they fit together in the larger timeline. No more metagaming the flowchart like in VLR!

Incidentally, this is the simple version of the global flowchart, that only shows the thumbnails and not the branches within them. For everyone's convenience, and to preserve the element of surprise, this is the one I'll be showing updated versions of in future posts. For the time being, anyway.

But I'll give you a sneak preview of the more complex one right now, which looks more like this:

Yikes.

So! With all of that in mind: we've reached our first end and have nowhere further to go.

Further forward, that is.

So what should we do now?

:siren: [ TIME TO VOTE! ] :siren:

Heckspawn
May 5, 2018

Oh well.
You may notice the new poll has ticky boxes instead of radio buttons. This is so people who want to vote for redoing our previous choice can still express a preference for one of the teams if that choice doesn't end up winning. I'm not exactly gonna bother regulating how people vote, but it might be better to avoid voting for multiple teams to avoid muddying the results.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
why do we even have that button

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

theshim posted:

why do we even have that button
:five:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Because it instantly resolves all of your problems.

Maybe with this many options we could experiment with voting techniques. Screw first past the post, maybe one of those ranked preferential systems would work best if there's a online poll system that can handle it.

Hell, if a free simple system doesn't exist I could just throw one together specifically for this lp

Heckspawn
May 5, 2018

Oh well.
That would actually be fantastic if you ever have the time and interest. I'm pretty much faking this as I go.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I remember getting this ending and just laughing my rear end off. It's so stupid it wraps around to being funny.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I think I can get something like that with a Google Forms poll and some Google Sheets/ Excel wizardry, but I don't know if something's dedicated.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Ha HA I HAVE NO REGRETS

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Heckspawn posted:

UPDATE 03-D: PUSH THE BUTTON, KRONK

Now that the update has dropped...

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
This is the most Looney Tunes death ever and I love it.

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?

:justpost:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Oh good, someone else did this so I didn't have to. I had a link to that all polsy'd up and ready to go in another tab, but alas, I was stuck away from my computer when the update dropped. :allears:

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

I think this was the first bad ending I got in my playthough and I laughed my rear end off at it. It's so incredibly perfect for how stupid it is.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I didn't push the button on my very first run and I regret it. This was for the best.

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016
There are many places I could put this, but this is the best place.

On a brighter note, I suppose that this is technically mission accomplished? We were supposed to prevent Radical-6 after all, and anyone who could spread it is definitively dead.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
It's only mission accomplished if radical 6 was created inside the test site and doesn't exist elsewhere. If it was brought there by someone, then it could still get out through other means.

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if the whole point of this nonary game was to create radical 6 by bringing together information only available in different timelines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I distinctly remember laughing my rear end off when I pressed the button.

• Locked thread