Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ita gonna be a heroes tie in and hed be best buds with that Fu guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Being born a Saiyan literally is being born with God Mode activated

Well I mean. Wasn't it originally that Saiyans were generally pretty weak except for outliers like Vegeta?

You'd have to actually survive to get a Zenkai after all. And it wasn't until the entire race was dead that Super Saiyans started popping up like weeds.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I wanna see Yugi kick Goku's dick in a gas station
I want Yusuke to give Ichigo an atomic wedgie at a Beastie Boys concert.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Supersonic Shine posted:

I want Yusuke to give Ichigo an atomic wedgie at a Beastie Boys concert.

While Josuke watches.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

RaspberryCommie posted:

Well I mean. Wasn't it originally that Saiyans were generally pretty weak except for outliers like Vegeta?

You'd have to actually survive to get a Zenkai after all. And it wasn't until the entire race was dead that Super Saiyans started popping up like weeds.

Nah, Saiyans are known as a Warrior Race and are, by universal level, pretty strong. The issue is that we constantly see mutants that do not fit with their race (the Ginyu Force, Freeza), scientific miracles (the Androids) and immortals and deities (Buu, Beerus) that make it seem otherwise, but by all means the Saiyans were a big deal by U7 standards, hence why they were able to commit genocide so easily.

Right now though the living Saiyans are so far beyond anything the dead could achieve that there's just no real comparison, considering the strongest dead Saiyan was Yamoshi who became a Super Saiyan God but couldn't keep the power unlike Goku, so he'd be above Goten and Trunks and that's it.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
The Saiyan race became extremely strong after surviving near-extinction level damage

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Yeah the reason Goku got so strong was because he could literally wish himself back to life. Remember that Vegeta, the strongest Saiyan alive at the time, had Cui as a rival before he met Goku.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Momomo posted:

Yeah the reason Goku got so strong was because he could literally wish himself back to life. Remember that Vegeta, the strongest Saiyan alive at the time, had Cui as a rival before he met Goku.

which is funny because oozaru vegeta was the strongest guy not named Freeza (and beerus and buu)

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Half of Dracula posted:

The Saiyan race became extremely strong after surviving near-extinction level damage

That's.... actually pretty accurate.

And pretty metal when you put it that way.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if goku hadn't lost his memories, he probably could have conquered earth as a child like he was supposed to.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kild posted:

which is funny because oozaru vegeta was the strongest guy not named Freeza (and beerus and buu)

I THINK Ginyu was stronger still.

But regardless, Vegeta felt like he should never have to rely on the monkey form. The fact that he did have to, against a low class retch, was a huge stab to his pride

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Burkion posted:

I THINK Ginyu was stronger still.

But regardless, Vegeta felt like he should never have to rely on the monkey form. The fact that he did have to, against a low class retch, was a huge stab to his pride

Oozaru is a 10 times multiplier and Vegeta was at like 22k. Ginyu was like 90k.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nah vegeta was stronger than ginyu as a great ape. you do grow a bigass weak point that any idiot could take care of tho so I doubt he'd win the fight anyway

Kild posted:

Oozaru is a 10 times multiplier and Vegeta was at like 22k. Ginyu was like 90k.

the internet says 18k and 120k

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

if goku hadn't lost his memories, he probably could have conquered earth as a child like he was supposed to.
Now that could've been an interesting What-If? scenario to see.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Probably not. Roshi, the Crane hermit, King Piccolo, Kami and Korrin are all stronger than him before he did all that adventuring and training and one of them would have put him down long before he became a threat.

Then Raditz kills everyone the end.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

the internet says 18k and 120k

That first number doesn't seem right since Goku needed to go past Kaioken times two and was already over 9000.

But I think yea I misremembered Ginyus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKc1A0M34XA

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kild posted:

That first number doesn't seem right since Goku needed to go past Kaioken times two and was already over 9000.

But I think yea I misremembered Ginyus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKc1A0M34XA

goku's at 8000 when he fights vegeta. watch kai or read the manga; the original anime was mistranslated. kaioken x2 was weaker than vegeta and x3 was stronger so it adds up

e: here you go:

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jun 16, 2018

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I still find the father-son fusions to be weird.

Half-remembering your own conception, what's weird about that?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Kild posted:

I always liked that detail. It told you a lot about why Vegeta was as proud and confident as he was, because to the best of his knowledge he could take on everyone but Frieza 1-on-1 before his tail got cut off. And yet, it’s a really obvious trick once he does it, so he’d rather kick rear end in his regular form.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I can't imagine other people don't know about the tail thing, considering there used to be an entire planet of Saiyans that did this sort of thing and they were still considered weak. If Yajirobe can cut off a tail then I have no problem thinking it would be trivial for someone like Captain Ginyu.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

No one that fought them even lived long enough to try maybe. It took like 5 people to cut one tail off imagine an army of apes against Goku & crew.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it took 5 people who weren't even 1/10th as strong as vegeta was in his non giant ape form to do it

hell guldo could own the poo poo out of a group of oozaru singlehandedly and he sucks

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Power level math is silly, Zarbon and Dodoria could've beaten up big ape Vegeta because they were introduced later, that's how punchman science works.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Nappa mentions that Vegeta and he usually just plant some Saibamen and take a nap to handle most planetary invasions. That means Saibamen are an extinction event for the majority of the universe.

So I imagine most races don't have the mild super powers to do poo poo like make destructo discs or even jump high enough to cut the tail.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Flytrap posted:

Nappa mentions that Vegeta and he usually just plant some Saibamen and take a nap to handle most planetary invasions. That means Saibamen are an extinction event for the majority of the universe.
Of course this would never work in GT where every alien in the Universe is stronger than Buu.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
YOU KNOW THEY SAY ALL MORTALS ARE CREATED EQUAL. BUT YOU LOOK AT GINYU AND YOU LOOK AT VEGETA AND YOU CAN SEE THAT STATEMENT IS NOT TRUE! SEE NORMALLY IF YOU GO 1 ON 1 WITH ANOTHER WARRIOR YOU GOT A 20K VS 20K POWER LEVEL! BUT I'M A GENETIC FREAK AND I'M NOT NORMAL! SO YOU GOT A 18K AT BEST AT BEAT ME! AND THEN YOU ADD DODORIA TO THE MIX, YOU THE CHANCES OF WINNING DRASTIC GO DOWN! SEE THE 3 WAY AT SACRIFICE YOU GOT A 20K POWER LEVEL. BUT I, I GOT A 142k POWER LEVEL CAUSE DODORIA KNOWS HE CAN'T BEAT ME AND HE'S NOT EVEN GONNA TRY! SO VEGETA TAKE YOUR 30K POWER LEVEL MINUS MY BASE 120K POWER LEVEL AND YOU GOT A NEGATIVE 90K POWER LEVEL FOR OUR MATCH. BUT THEN YOU TAKE MY 120K POWER LEVEL IF WE WAS TO GO 1 ON 1 AND THEN ADD THE NEGATIVE 90K AND DODORIA. I GOT A POWER LEVEL OF 232 THOUSAND! PRINCE VEGETA?THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE AND THEY SPELL DISASTER FOR YOU AT SACRIFICE!

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Manatee Cannon posted:

hell guldo could own the poo poo out of a group of oozaru singlehandedly and he sucks

Guldo would be drat near unstoppable if he learned how to do a destructo disk.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Monaghan posted:

Guldo would be drat near unstoppable if he learned how to do a destructo disk.

And much like Krillin, he'd forget it every time.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

YOU KNOW THEY SAY ALL MORTALS ARE CREATED EQUAL. BUT YOU LOOK AT GINYU AND YOU LOOK AT VEGETA AND YOU CAN SEE THAT STATEMENT IS NOT TRUE! SEE NORMALLY IF YOU GO 1 ON 1 WITH ANOTHER WARRIOR YOU GOT A 20K VS 20K POWER LEVEL! BUT I'M A GENETIC FREAK AND I'M NOT NORMAL! SO YOU GOT A 18K AT BEST AT BEAT ME! AND THEN YOU ADD DODORIA TO THE MIX, YOU THE CHANCES OF WINNING DRASTIC GO DOWN! SEE THE 3 WAY AT SACRIFICE YOU GOT A 20K POWER LEVEL. BUT I, I GOT A 142k POWER LEVEL CAUSE DODORIA KNOWS HE CAN'T BEAT ME AND HE'S NOT EVEN GONNA TRY! SO VEGETA TAKE YOUR 30K POWER LEVEL MINUS MY BASE 120K POWER LEVEL AND YOU GOT A NEGATIVE 90K POWER LEVEL FOR OUR MATCH. BUT THEN YOU TAKE MY 120K POWER LEVEL IF WE WAS TO GO 1 ON 1 AND THEN ADD THE NEGATIVE 90K AND DODORIA. I GOT A POWER LEVEL OF 232 THOUSAND! PRINCE VEGETA?THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE AND THEY SPELL DISASTER FOR YOU AT SACRIFICE!

The only good power levels post

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

TheLoneStar posted:

Of course this would never work in GT where every alien in the Universe is stronger than Buu.

See, this once again is another mistranslation.

Goku never says that Rilldo is stronger than Buu, he says that Rilldo is the first worthy opponent since Buu.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Considering how power scaling works in DB that’s kind of splitting hairs

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

Power level math is silly

gently caress this line of reasoning

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

And much like Krillin, he'd forget it every time.

krillin uses it a ton tho, idk where this is even coming from

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
He used it twice? Depends on your definition of tons I guess

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

He's right

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Manatee Cannon posted:

krillin uses it a ton tho, idk where this is even coming from

Not immediately after he stuns or incapacitates his enemy with Solar Flare.

Just as Guldo would likely never use it when he time froze someone.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

He used it twice? Depends on your definition of tons I guess

krillin barely fights anyone in dbz but he uses the destructo disc 2/3 times he's fighting something that isn't a saibaman/freeza grunt

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
To be fair, most of DBZ would be boring as hell if every time a baddie got Solar Flared they got instagibbed by a Destructo Disk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

Power levels aren't completely pointless as some people make out, but number crunching is silly poo poo for forums who unironically quantify 'feats' to determine if SSJ Goku could beat Silver Age Superman. Like seriously I cannot think of a way to suck the life more out of an action adventure show than to boil down the fighters' abilities to a loving number

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Not immediately after he stuns or incapacitates his enemy with Solar Flare.

Just as Guldo would likely never use it when he time froze someone.

Krillin literally has a Super Mecha setup/finisher combo which he literally never uses as such, if he were ever playing to win he should have been able to beat everyone from Nappa through to Frieza. Dude desevres every kick to the head he gets