Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Yeah, I'm betting one more book get's pushed out in the next year or two and then he is done with writing more*.

*Except for yet more volumes of fake history backstory that nobody asked for. I guess he really is the 'American Tolkein'.

Edit: It's just occurred to me. When he dies we really are going to get multiple volumes of 'unfinished tales', containing all the cut chapters and revisions aren't we. It's like he's channelling old JRR at this point.

Deptfordx fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Jun 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Deptfordx posted:

Yeah, I'm betting one more book get's pushed out in the next year or two and then he is done with writing more*.

*Except for yet more volumes of fake history backstory that nobody asked for. I guess he really is the 'American Tolkein'.

Edit: It's just occurred to me. When he dies we really are going to get multiple volumes of 'unfinished tales', containing all the cut chapters and revisions aren't we. It's like he's channelling old JRR at this point.

Tolkien finished his story (and most of the history for it came first anyway) so the comparison is pretty lame. GRRM is own terrible fucker, hence the stamp.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

So what you're saying is he's channelling JRRT badly.

Checks out.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
The American Tolkien.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
lol that anyone still has hope he's going to finish even book 6. I expect no book this year, and furthermore I expect once the series is done he'll have even less interest with finishing them.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
You fools, the publisher can't push out anything if there's nothing to push out.

The fat man hasn't written a single loving chapter since ADwD.

e: there's a diarrhoea gag in there somewhere too

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
He has no pages.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

He has no pages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0fBiCNiR1E

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
A man has no pages.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

frankenfreak posted:

A man has no pages.

It is known. GRRM Has No Pages.

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
Google trolled me a few days ago. I got a news article with "GRRM releases Winds of Winter".
I was all "Hmm, maybe I should actually read adwd at some point if the gurm managed to write something."
Then I clicked the link, it was a loving wild cards novel.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

GRRM releases Winds all the time.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Kellanved posted:

Google trolled me a few days ago. I got a news article with "GRRM releases Winds of Winter".
I was all "Hmm, maybe I should actually read adwd at some point if the gurm managed to write something."
Then I clicked the link, it was a loving wild cards novel.

Why do you have a Google alert for GRRM? 🤔

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

my droid just knows i love the GURM so I got several 'new grrm book!' notifs from google now for fuckin wild cards, too

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Solice Kirsk posted:

GRRM releases Winds all the time.
:classiclol:

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Gurms numerous releases are recorded in his annals.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
How many more poker terms does GRRM have to go through before he’s finally out of titles for WILD CARDS books?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

nine-gear crow posted:

How many more poker terms does GRRM have to go through before he’s finally out of titles for WILD CARDS books?

if there's one thing i learned growing up around midwestern men, there's an inifinite number of card games that you can vaguely call poker with a multitude of rules within each.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Every card game is either a form of poker or blackjack. It just depends on if you're matching or adding.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Every card game is either a form of poker or blackjack. It just depends on if you're matching or adding.

When we were kids we would gamble with our baseball cards. We'd stand behind a line and flip them toward a wall. Mind is fuzzy since it was a zillion years ago but I think the jist was that if your flipped card (or one your card moved when it landed) covered up the little logo on the one corner of the card entirely, you won all the cards beneath it.

So it was as much poker/blackjack as GURM's time is spent writing.

:colbert:

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

or War, of which the greatest gambling card game 'In Between (posts)' is based.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
GRRM will never publish another ASOIAF book. A book might come out that various interested parties will cut and paste together out of whatever's available but the man himself won't be any part of it besides collecting a check.

It took him 11 whole years to publish two halves of one book and he "saved" the actual ending and a bunch of Sansa chapters from it to put in the next book for some unknown retard reason. And this was before he was getting HBO money.

The fuckerness is absolute, and woe unto you who question it.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jun 21, 2018

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I found Winds of Winter in my squat toilet today.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
It's experimental, to say the least. Most chapters are diagrams of character's genitalia. The narrative is mainly conveyed by changes in these diagrams. Erections, dicks in vaginas, dicks in abuses, dicks in the crevices of Winterfell's ruins. Quite poignant.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
lol T B Thread lives

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

what is dead may never die

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It is known.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Did we finally find the Cock Merchant?

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
Words are wind... nuncle.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

Did we finally find the Cock Merchant?

It turns out the Cock Merchant was the friends we made along the way.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

It turns out the Cock Merchant was the friends we made along the way.

Goddammit, that's bullshit. I wanted to buy a loving cock :mad:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

Goddammit, that's bullshit. I wanted to buy a loving cock :mad:

I'll sell you one you idiot. What the hell part of The Cock Merchant was the friends we've made along the way don't you understand?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'll sell you one you idiot. What the hell part of The Cock Merchant was the friends we've made along the way don't you understand?

Oh I thought it was a metaphor. Sorry.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Not a worry.

*tosses dirty dish rag over shoulder

Now, how many cocks can I get you?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
we're happy to do byoc but there is an uncorking fee

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The cliffhanger epilogue owns. It's a flipbook that shows Drogon becoming fully erect. When it reaches full length, the words HAVILAND TUF WILL RETURN IN A DREAM OF SPRING are legible.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

The cliffhanger epilogue owns. It's a flipbook that shows Drogon becoming fully erect. When it reaches full length, the words HAVILAND TUF WILL RETURN IN A DREAM OF SPRING are legible.

God help me, this is legitimately the best post in this thread :allears:

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com

Solice Kirsk posted:

besides our lord and savior Uno

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474 posted:

besides our lord and savior Uno

Matching, that's poker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

Tarot. :colbert: