Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Lambert posted:

I imagine the problem will solve itself, as Sea of Thieves isn't a game that person is going to be playing for more than a few weeks.

No offense to the goons I played with but I got everything I needed out of the game in about 3 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yah same and half that time i was phone posting while a guy on the boat did an animal mission i didnt care about

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

bango skank posted:

yeah i made some calls and I'm heading out to get an official microsoft brick from a local store, hopefully it dies in the next 30 days if it ends up being a lemon.

Repackage your old brick in the packaging the new one comes in and return it saying you didn't need it

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

DariusLikewise posted:

Repackage your old brick in the packaging the new one comes in and return it saying you didn't need it

Don't even do that, just take a big stinky poo poo in the box and mail it back.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Don't let this valuable opportunity to stop using your Xbox One pass you by

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The Crew 2 plays and looks a lot better than expected (open beta). I hated Crew 1 and pretty much every other racing game not named Forza Horizon.

The voice acting/"plot" is so bad though. French devs have to get someone to tell them how Americans actually talk. One of the first lines is "I want legendary badassdom."

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Someone needs to tell Ubisoft and EA that nobody wants a plot in a racing game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The existence of driving games post gta is really confusing to me. Why make a niche sim or yet another lukewarm arcade racer when you could build those activities into your open world game
The driving in gta5 isnt stellar but there are probably more people who race online in it than every other car game combined

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im also really dumb tho and think sega should release all its games as arcade dlc to be played inside yakuza

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The driving in GTA4 is superior to 5

don't @ me until you learn to slide a back end around.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The driving in GTA4 is superior to 5

don't @ me until you learn to slide a back end around.

A ton of systems and interactivity poo poo is better in 4 than 5

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The ragdolls are also 100% more fun in 4. Hitting people with cars in that one is so much more fun.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
would you rather: driving in gta5 or watch_doge?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Watch dog1 has epically bad driving. I only played the free 2 hr demo of 2 but it felt on par with gta

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
GTA 4 and 5 have the same relationship that Skate 1 and 3 have.

The original has a more solid core, better procedural fun and better overall "feel", but the sequel has enough bells, whistles and overall area added to balance them out.

Also gently caress everyone for no skate 4 still, wtf.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Every single GTA clone I've played has infuriating driving. Saints Row is the worst about it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Every single GTA clone I've played has infuriating driving. Saints Row is the worst about it.

Sleeping dogs has great driving

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The ragdolls are also 100% more fun in 4. Hitting people with cars in that one is so much more fun.

Does 5 use the euphoria engine or whatever? When 4 came out, that and The Force Unleashed were big into that where NPCs would freak out and grab things whenever they were knocked around. So flying down the street with an NPC holding onto the door handle was awesome.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Just Cause 2 has terrible driving.

I mean, I assume. I've never tried driving in that game. Why would anyone?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Cojawfee posted:

Does 5 use the euphoria engine or whatever? When 4 came out, that and The Force Unleashed were big into that where NPCs would freak out and grab things whenever they were knocked around. So flying down the street with an NPC holding onto the door handle was awesome.

There's a Youtube video that covers the little details that were taken out of 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWVtZJo-HqI

I for one loved the driving in 4. It felt so much more dangerous.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The cars were floaty but the destruction was amazing. Like a proto BeamNG. I remember when they put in the auto shotgun with one of the DLCs and it loving demolished the bodywork of a car.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

Real hurthling! posted:

The existence of driving games post gta is really confusing to me. Why make a niche sim or yet another lukewarm arcade racer when you could build those activities into your open world game

Burnout did this and despite the goon hivemind opinion it is actually inferior to Takedown/Revenge. Adding an open world to everything doesn't instantly make a game better.

On the other hand, the Horizon games are better than mainline Forza, so.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

what the gently caress are you people talking about, gtaiv had the worst driving model in any video game i have ever played

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Mung Dynasty posted:

Burnout did this and despite the goon hivemind opinion it is actually inferior to Takedown/Revenge. Adding an open world to everything doesn't instantly make a game better.

Burnout Paradise should have been considered a spin-off title rather than an actual sequel. I Recently played through the HD remaster and its boring as hell when you start chaining events together and notice that all races finish at one of 8 points and for the most part you are re-using the bulk of the roads to reach those destinations.

at least the previous games had like 6-7 different regions, and then differing variations + reverse modes for all those races, so while still familiar you still had a good range of environments that are easier memorize than generic city street #26.

The key to the fun driving in that game was the flow of the circuits and open world just totally removed that, and to the detriment of the game.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

what the gently caress are you people talking about, gtaiv had the worst driving model in any video game i have ever played

It wasn't arcadey enough, probably.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I was just gonna ignore that post. Let him think what he thinks.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

It wasn't arcadey enough, probably.

no, it was a loving shitterrible failed attempt at realism by people who have apparently never driven a car in their lives.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Real cars are boring and bad to drive, gta4 made everything slide around like Driver on crack and it was good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mung Dynasty posted:

Last time i checked, burnout is just a driving game so idk what you @'n me about

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Finster Dexter posted:

would you rather: driving in gta5 or watch_doge?

Sleeping Dogs.

You even get a ram button so you can knock people off the road more easily than physics would ever allow. And you can jump from your car to steal more cars without slowing down, so that's nice.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Real hurthling! posted:

Last time i checked, burnout is just a driving game so idk what you @'n me about

Paradise was open world, and yeah it's def worse than burnout takedown or burnout revenge. It's still fun, though, since takedown and revenge have not aged well at all, and have not been remastered. So, if you want a decent Burnout experience that actually plays decently on current gen, Paradise is it, right now.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Paradise is pretty loving great even if you like the other Burns Out better. Just gotta turn off all those songs that aren't Girlfriend

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Unpopular Opinion: All GTA games are fun in their own ways

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TheScott2K posted:

Paradise is pretty loving great even if you like the other Burns Out better. Just gotta turn off all those songs that aren't Girlfriend

I got bored by the 3rd license upgrade

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A bad GTA is still ten times better than the best Saints Row

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I like Saints Row because I appreciate its wacky sendups and my butt is relatively clear of sticks up it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
If you could mix GTA's tech with Saint Rows sense of what players actually want to be doing in an open world semi-realistic city, and then find a taste level exactly in the middle of the two for everything else you'd really be on to something.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

If you could mix GTA's tech with Saint Rows sense of what players actually want to be doing in an open world semi-realistic city, and then find a taste level exactly in the middle of the two for everything else you'd really be on to something.

So, GTA San Andreas.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

GTA lost its way when it stopped being a cartoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I just bought GTA 5 for the fourth time (360, ps4, PC, and now xboxox). Looks like rear end on xbox but I still like the game and it was on mega-sale for the first time ever. Never did try that last heist.

It's giving me cheevos despite completing the 360 version. That's interesting.

Not being able to transfer characters anymore is painful though :(