Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

That's not a game, that's divination.

Make not light of the spirits!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

There's enough mediocre actors in those overstuffed films, they really really do not need even more bland cutouts diluting the story time for the vanishingly few good ones.

I'll take a dozen mediocre GoT actors in Avengers 4 if it means the MCU Tony Stark gets erased from existence. Captain America's a better central figure anyways, though Ultimate Thor would be equally acceptable. :black101:

ruddiger posted:

You would think John would want the Twins to go to his uncle Edmure and not some sellsword loyal to a Lannister.

Why would he, or Edmure, want Edmure to rule the Twins and not Riverrun? The Twins are a glorified toll bridge.

And if Edmure isn't already dead he's 100% going to be if HBO didn't forget he exists, because I sure did until you mentioned him in that post.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

And this Tobias wept. His efforts for nought.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Edmure's been such a consistent fuckup twit he deserves to be forgotten :colbert:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Edmure just being in S6 was throwing a bone. He completely doesn't matter after the Red Wedding.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

What if nothing matters after the red wedding?

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Haven't posted in this thread since the bad thread when wild cards tags were being handed out and 7 years later all I can say is that I'm not surprised the absolute fucker hasn't put a book out yet

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

esperterra posted:

my droid just knows i love the GURM so I got several 'new grrm book!' notifs from google now for fuckin wild cards, too

working as intended

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Anyone have the hi-res version of the GRRM certificate?

I want to celebrate the 7th anniversary of ADWD.

Twoiism
Sep 10, 2008

Ever present.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Anyone have the hi-res version of the GRRM certificate?

I want to celebrate the 7th anniversary of ADWD.

Courtesy of the original creator geno1173 who PMed it to me a while back. Linking the image because it's HUGE.

https://i.imgur.com/JkF2Q8g.jpg

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
lol at people who are mad at Gurm

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Rhgr posted:

Courtesy of the original creator geno1173 who PMed it to me a while back. Linking the image because it's HUGE.

I never realized the pen had WILDCARDS on it. :aaa:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rhgr posted:

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Evil Fluffy posted:

I never realized the pen had WILDCARDS on it. :aaa:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
lmfao all this time and i'm still seeing new details in that image.

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state
This is one of the greatest images ever made.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

I have a friend who doesn't think he's an absolute fucker how do I explain how wrong they are?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Cavelcade posted:

I have a friend who doesn't think he's an absolute fucker how do I explain how wrong they are?
Just show them the certificate which states that Gurm is indeed an absolute fucker.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Cavelcade posted:

“The man had 8 whole years to write at least one book so his mega popular TV show wouldn’t overtake his still unfinished story. ANd he sat on his rear end watching football the whole time all on HBO’s dime.”

Or just show them the certificate. I dunno. I thought it was public knowledge now that GRRM was an Absolute Fucker?

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
Someone needs to add the certificate and a section on his wikipedia page about him being an absolute fucker.

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

Go lick a dog's ass til it bleeds.

TommyGun85 posted:

Someone needs to add the certificate and a section on his wikipedia page about him being an absolute fucker.

His wiki is locked down pretty tight. Good luck to anyone trying to edit it.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

nine-gear crow posted:

“The man had 8 whole years to write at least one book so his mega popular TV show wouldn’t overtake his still unfinished story. ANd he sat on his rear end watching football the whole time all on HBO’s dime.”

Or just show them the certificate. I dunno. I thought it was public knowledge now that GRRM was an Absolute Fucker?

He said something about Gurm "now owning us anything", which, yeah, but that's kind of bullshit and also only a small part of the fuckery.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Cavelcade posted:

He said something about Gurm "now owning us anything", which, yeah, but that's kind of bullshit and also only a small part of the fuckery.

If he won't listen to reason, then leave him to his delusions. He already lives in Hell, no further use trying to save him from it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Might as well be questioning whether the sun came up today. Disbelieving only exposes your friends lack of senses to recognize facts.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Cavelcade posted:

quoting neil gaiman on that poo poo? smdh

make them read Pear Shaped Man or Meathouse Man and ask them again

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
"owing" fans another book doesn't make him an A.F., delivering "books" like ADWD does.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

"owing" fans another book doesn't make him an A.F., delivering "books" like ADWD does.

That and the constant tease of "I'm totally working on the book" and then delivering nothing for a decade. It's not about him "owing" anyone anything, it's that he's a huckster who keeps making promises he has no intention of keeping.

Then again, I tossed out Feast For Crows halfway through the first Asha chapter and am never gonna read another word GRRM writes on printed paper ever again, so what the gently caress do I care? The show's gonna be done by this time next year anyway.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Preview chapters for TWOW which he actually wrote years ago and cut from AFFC. Yes, he cut poo poo from AFFC, there was stuff that was deemed not good enough for AFFC and ADWD and now he tries to pass it off as TWOW chapters.

Absolute fucker. No pages.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
more like george r r fartin'

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
To be honest, he does kind of owe fans something, if you ask me. He started telling a story, and didn't complete it. And he didn't complete it because of sheer laziness, not out of some pressing concern like health, family, or whatever.

Like it's one thing if an author hasn't done any new stories and fans are getting uppity about it. You don't 'owe' anyone new stories. But if you start telling one, there is the implicit understanding between the author and the audience that the story will be completed.

It's the same reason why you normally don't publish an unfinished book. Something GRRM has also done.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
In the last 12 years and 8 months only one ASoIaF has been published.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

To be honest, he does kind of owe fans something, if you ask me. He started telling a story, and didn't complete it. And he didn't complete it because of sheer laziness, not out of some pressing concern like health, family, or whatever.

Like it's one thing if an author hasn't done any new stories and fans are getting uppity about it. You don't 'owe' anyone new stories. But if you start telling one, there is the implicit understanding between the author and the audience that the story will be completed.

It's the same reason why you normally don't publish an unfinished book. Something GRRM has also done.

And even then, he didn't publish even an unfinished book. Bantam ripped the 80% done manuscript out of his hands and published it in a panic to capitalize on the premiere of the show. If it were still up to GRRM at that point, Dance probably might have been out by the start of Season 3. Possibly?

GRRM has not "finished" a proper ASOIAF book in 18 years.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
lol at the idea that anyone would still be sitting around tapping their foot all upset that they still haven't received the novelization of a 2+ year old HBO show written by an uninterested rich guy who couldn't finish one whole book in a decade even when he needed the money.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

In the last 12 years and 8 months only one ASoIaF has been published.

And he left the climatic battle of it out to put into the next book lol

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
the jokes on you guys because grrm has already finished writing all of ASOIAF.

There are "5" books in the series.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

emanresu tnuocca posted:

the jokes on you guys because grrm has already finished writing all of ASOIAF.

There are "5" books in the series.

If you don't ready any Dany, Jon or Sam chapters at all, or any Bran or Davos chapters after Clash of Kings, it actually makes for one hell of a self-contained trilogy. The series ends with Tyrion realizing that Westeros just can't actually be saved so he just nopes the gently caress out while it burns to the ground behind him. The show's just some weirdo's fixfic that managed to get an HBO production budget somehow.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Cavelcade posted:

Punish him. At the very least he needs excited, breathless texts about how the next asoiaf book has a release date every time a Wild Cards or bullshit compendium comes out.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The only thing GRRM owes us is the decency to stop pretending he's writing if he isn't actually doing it imho

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

We know how ASOIAF ends: Dani dies of dysentery, Jon stabbed to death by his mates, Arya enthralled by a death cult, Samsa queen of the Eyrie, Jamie setting out on an uncertain quest that embodies his conflicting loyalties.

All things considered that's not too bad an ending, thematically appropriate for each character, shame about that battle of Winterfell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

pidan posted:

We know how ASOIAF ends: Dani dies of dysentery, Jon stabbed to death by his mates, Arya enthralled by a death cult, Samsa queen of the Eyrie, Jamie setting out on an uncertain quest that embodies his conflicting loyalties.

All things considered that's not too bad an ending, thematically appropriate for each character, shame about that battle of Winterfell.

'twas a shame about Brienne but lady ugh face will surely clean up the riverlands in time for the small folk to ready themselves for a long winter of relative peace and mild cannibalism