Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
1T of ABV made 15 size 00 capsules

So, it should take 6T 2t to fill my entire capsule tray. I guess that just means I'll have to keep smoking

oh darn oh no anything but that lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

nickhimself posted:

1T of ABV made 15 size 00 capsules

So, it should take 6T 2t to fill my entire capsule tray. I guess that just means I'll have to keep smoking

oh darn oh no anything but that lol

What? This is the weed thread son. Pill thread is in TCC.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Welp, it only took 4 months of living in Colorado for me to earnestly complain about the 20 minute drive to the nearest store where I can buy cheap legal weed in any form I can imagine

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Riatsala posted:

Welp, it only took 4 months of living in Colorado for me to earnestly complain about the 20 minute drive to the nearest store where I can buy cheap legal weed in any form I can imagine

do they not have delivery there?

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Riatsala posted:

It would be difficult for me to sober up that long if I lived in CO.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
I wish these edibles would kick in already because I'm bored and a little irritated.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

Earwicker posted:

do they not have delivery there?

They do not! For being one of the first OTC weed states, Colorado is missing a lot of the features you'd expect from a weed state. Recreational sales are even banned in my county, despite being within the public transit radius for Denver. I blame Coors.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Ben Me Lowtax posted:

I wish these edibles would kick in already because I'm bored and a little irritated.

my rule with edibles is you eat it then watch a movie. A good movie you'll actually enjoy baked like Dredd. Something that will hold your attention. Depending on how fast it metabolizes you'll start feeling it halfway but you will at least know that it's doing what it's supposed to be doing by the end of the one and a half to two hour movie you were focused on. If you're not feeling much by then, then something's up with the THC amount in it - which has happened to me before. Tolerance levels can of course affect things, but you just know when you got ripped off.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

The real pro-move is to eat one edible your buddy made, but not feel it in 30 minutes, so you eat two more, then you remember he put A poo poo LOAD of butter in them, so you end up high for the next two days.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
Just got a pax. Flower is really good. Way better than that awful blunt I started with. Concentrates are nice but extremely single note. I got a cheapshit oz of trim from the local shop for like, $20 on sale and it's been knocking my head off every time. I've been using concentrate pens for over a year now. Holy poo poo this is good. I got CEVs after a few puffs the first try, and I didn't even load it right.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lol somehow there were no posts itt for days and it coincidentally happened to be the days I was taking an involuntarily break. And I get an ounce this morning and now someone posted itt.

:tinfoil:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I enjoy weed

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Stoned all day.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

plape tickler posted:

Stoned all day.

Lisa Dank

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Tolerance breaks are nice

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

My parents smoke weed and always tried to hide it from me and my brother when we were growing up and living with them. Once I learned what the smell was and why they kept going to the garage to "talk" suddenly the way they acted for my entire childhood made sense.

The best part was when my mom caught me smoking weed by the lingering smell in my room I just told her I didn't smell anything and she had to "believe" me or else she'd have to admit she smelled like it too. It was like the cold war the last few months of living with them.

They still try to hide it when I come visit which is hilarious to me now since it's pretty much legal in our country and IMO healthier than drinking.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

Fried Watermelon posted:

The best part was when my mom caught me smoking weed by the lingering smell in my room I just told her I didn't smell anything and she had to "believe" me or else she'd have to admit she smelled like it too.

this is pretty hilarious to me

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Got my Michigan Medical card at an event called Pig & Whiskey. My girlfriend found it sketchy, but hey man, I got the papers.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Driving while mildly high. acceptable or not acceptable?
I say, somewhat acceptable when you get hungry.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
I drive stoned all the time but it's not ethical or safe, really.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Riatsala posted:

My man, you haven't had to wait an hour while inside the store to buy something because it's the night before 420 and you, like everyone else in the store, forgot until the 11th hour to resupply.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

I think there's a boundary where it stops helping and starts harming your driving skills and that's up to you to find out. Driving while high can put you in this hyperfocused state of mind as long as you're not letting your mind wander too far. You're probably more aware of what is happening on the road compared to being sober. If I drive while high I catch myself driving the speed limit without being aware of it which is abnormal for me. I almost always drive 5mph over the speed limit or even more when I can, so it makes me laugh. There's no active paranoia regarding cops involved - I guess I'm just not in any rush to get some place.

I've driven high on edibles before - I made the stupid choice of thinking it would start kicking in after 45-60 minutes or so I decided to drive to the supermarket and buy some fewd. but it kicked in around 25 minutes which was surprising. Luckily I was able to U-Scan my stuff without looking weird. I didn't lose my edge so the drive home was a wild experience - it almost felt like I was driving a space ship or hovercraft or something like that. That's something I'll stay away from doing again even though it was fun. You never know how much is too much until you end up in a car accident

Grindcore ASMR
Nov 28, 2015

I still can't believe that in 12 weeks, weed is going to be legal in Canada. Seems surreal. As someone who has never been given a choice of more than two strains before and just went with the stronger smelling one, what is buying from a bud tender like in a dispensary? Is it like I think it is, like "Hey, I'm looking for a creative, euphoric high without too much couch lock, what would you recommend?" Any tips from people who have bought from them before? Was the amount of choice overwhelming?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

There's a lot of choice but yeah a good dispensary employee will be able to help you find a good strain based on that sort of criteria

Frankly getting weed illegally in Montreal was on multiple visits the easiest thing ever by a wide margin, but it'll be cool to hit up a store next time we're up there.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

The_dude_abides posted:

I still can't believe that in 12 weeks, weed is going to be legal in Canada. Seems surreal. As someone who has never been given a choice of more than two strains before and just went with the stronger smelling one, what is buying from a bud tender like in a dispensary? Is it like I think it is, like "Hey, I'm looking for a creative, euphoric high without too much couch lock, what would you recommend?" Any tips from people who have bought from them before? Was the amount of choice overwhelming?

you can do something like that and hopefully the person is knowledgeable. from experience with multiple dispensaries it differs. It seems to be pretty standard for dispensaries to post their current menu on Leafly so you can easily look up the effects and strength of those strains. The Leafly phone app is really useful. That's what I do so I know what I want when I get to the dispensary. Always plan on backup strains as they might be out on what you wanted.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I mean there's also the fun way AKA "I'll take a gram each of these 8 strains" and take notes

lighthugger
Mar 27, 2018

Nostalgia for Infinity

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I mean there's also the fun way AKA "I'll take a gram each of these 8 strains" and take notes

This is the best method at first, especially if you’re not familiar with the legal scene. There’s a decent variation of bud out there, and it sucks buying what you think will be a fun strain, only to have it give you panic attacks every time. Having a bunch of gram selections means you’re not stuck with it, you’ve got a different one to try next which could become your new favorite.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

The_dude_abides posted:

Moving to a legal state I was frankly overwhelmed by how much information your typical budtender will throw at you unprompted, especially if it's a slow moment. It's not unlike when someone who knows a lot about wine describes a wine.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Pls don't drive while baked, just don't. It's just a bad idea. I'm sure people have been doing it for years and they're used to it but like I think if weeds going to be legal and people are fighting for our freedoms to get stoned we have an obligation to not be idiots about it. Anything that impairs your reaction times is just not worth the risk to yourself or others.

Grindcore ASMR
Nov 28, 2015

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. Finding out what your personal experience is with each strain and keeping a guide.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

The_dude_abides posted:

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. Finding out what your personal experience is with each strain and keeping a guide.

Turning smoking weed into homework sounds like a lot of fun.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I know that sounds sarcastic but I’m being sincere. That sounds cool and not the way a goofy nerd would smoke weed.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I was actually really interested in starting a "weed journal" last time I filled up, but as soon as I got home I remembered that in order for that plan to work my dealer would have needed to label each half, instead of just handing me two baggies of *weed*

In other news: wow I should have been collecting resin each time I've been cleaning my slide. I collected some from a couple days of use and... wow. It was enough to load two good sized hits. Just one was enough to get me pretty high. I wasn't expecting that. The taste wasn't very appealing, but drat.

I feel like compared to combusting the flower my new bud recycling kick feels like I'm "going green" trying to eek out as much value from each gram of bud that I can manage. I vape it, will cook the ABV with oil for edibles, and now I'm even collecting the resin for additional high times.

I thought of that last night while I was high as poo poo

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

nickhimself posted:

I was actually really interested in starting a "weed journal" last time I filled up, but as soon as I got home I remembered that in order for that plan to work my dealer would have needed to label each half, instead of just handing me two baggies of *weed*

In other news: wow I should have been collecting resin each time I've been cleaning my slide. I collected some from a couple days of use and... wow. It was enough to load two good sized hits. Just one was enough to get me pretty high. I wasn't expecting that. The taste wasn't very appealing, but drat.

I feel like compared to combusting the flower my new bud recycling kick feels like I'm "going green" trying to eek out as much value from each gram of bud that I can manage. I vape it, will cook the ABV with oil for edibles, and now I'm even collecting the resin for additional high times.

I feel like someone who lived through the Great Depression thinking that kids these days are pussies cause they have it so easy.

lighthugger
Mar 27, 2018

Nostalgia for Infinity
Let me tell you a story about the The Great Weedpression, where all the pot in America dried up...

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

nickhimself posted:

smoking resin is the domain of the desperate and it's groooooss don't do it!

source: I smoked shitloads of resin in college because I spent my weed money on cocaine and cigarettes instead

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

its easy for someone with plenty of weed to say to never smoke resin

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

The_dude_abides posted:

You don't need to wait for October. sites like grasslife.ca (out of BC) will mail poo poo to you and also have detailed descriptions on the site about what each strains are like and even has a chat feature were you can talk to staff.

lighthugger
Mar 27, 2018

Nostalgia for Infinity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD_l1MX279I

I found a little bitty bee hangin out on a plant, just grabbin some pollen and prob bee-ing high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

poverty goat posted:

its easy for someone with plenty of weed to say to never smoke resin

He mentioned his dealer, vaping and a going green recycling kick, I don't think he's desperate.