Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dias posted:

Toriyama probably went "meh, I ain't drawing this poo poo anyway" and bad guys in DBZ movies tend to end up...nuked.

Is not only about the films. There are Shallot and Cumber as well, with Shallot having a specially designed outfit to allow for his tail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Oh man, is Broly going to be an ancient saiyan who was frozen in a block of ice on some frozen planet Frieza forgot about?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Encino Broly

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Oh man, is Broly going to be an ancient saiyan who was frozen in a block of ice on some frozen planet Frieza forgot about?

It's just "Broly", your Honor.. and, yes, I'm ready. Ladies and gentlemen of the Frieza force, I'm just a cave-saiyan. I fell on some ice and later got thawed out by some of your scientists. Your worlds frighten and confuse me! Sometimes the terrified screams of your victims make me want to get out of my spaceship.. and fly off into the hills, or wherever.. Sometimes when I get a message on my scouter, I wonder: "Did little namekians get inside and type it?" I don't know! My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts. But there is one thing I do know - when a man like my client slips and falls on a sidewalk in front of a public library, then we need to kill Kakarot. Thank you.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Did Jiren ever get strong enough to beat that guy who killed his family twice?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

EGSunBro posted:

Did Jiren ever get strong enough to beat that guy who killed his family twice?

Third time's the charm.

(it was broly)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I would like to see that guy.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Maybe we will in the manga.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Broly Vs. Evil Doer

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Broly is gonna be a good guy and he'll see goku and remember he was the kid he had to rock to bed to make him stop crying.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Broly is going to be the most talkative Dragonball character ever, and he's going to be extremely eloquent and intelligent. Also at the end of the movie he's going to look out into the audience and wave at everybody.

He's going to be so strong he'll beat Jiren with one punch and he'll constantly be dropping one-liners that make no sense in-universe, but are really cool and funny to us, the audience. Like "it took longer for me to return than it did for Team Fourstar to finish an episode!" or "the driving episode should be canon".

Also he will have access to a time machine.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

A Fancy Hat posted:

Broly is going to be the most talkative Dragonball character ever, and he's going to be extremely eloquent and intelligent. Also at the end of the movie he's going to look out into the audience and wave at everybody.

He's going to be so strong he'll beat Jiren with one punch and he'll constantly be dropping one-liners that make no sense in-universe, but are really cool and funny to us, the audience. Like "it took longer for me to return than it did for Team Fourstar to finish an episode!" or "the driving episode should be canon".

Also he will have access to a time machine.

Why would Broly become Deadpool?

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

He's already pretty talkative. He just has a very small vocabulary.

:black101:: KAKAROOOOOOOOT

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Kale wasn't even designed by Toriyama and it's been more than a year since Toei had to get input from him on the ToP so I can only assume he already forgot that she exists.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I would laugh forever if the fight ended with them just going 'wait poo poo gently caress this let's just go get our version to take care of this'

I mean that would never happen because that would mean that either Goku or Vegeta would have to calm their fight boners, but it'd still be the funniest poo poo.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Glagha posted:

He's already pretty talkative. He just has a very small vocabulary.

:black101:: KAKAROOOOOOOOT

First movie Broly was a pretty Chatty Cathy. Granted he only really talks about HOW loving STRONG BROLY IS.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

esperterra posted:

gimme dat golden oozaru

Sorry, you're gonna get a really shiny lime green ape.

Rhonne posted:

For 25 years I have slept in the ice cap, waiting to be canon, Kakarot!

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

hype for my favourite saiyan, paragus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYJzL3xCgDc

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Frieza's gonna steal a time ring from Shin, go back in time to exterminate all those dirty monkeys and accidentally awaken a big green can of whoop rear end

he'll somehow manage to escape and beg Goku and Vegeta to help, mostly hoping that they'll die in the process

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Gonna go into the movie with a fresh set of eyes and not have any expectations. If it's playing in the states I might go opening night and dust off one of my DBZ shirts I had from 8th grade.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

CharlestonJew posted:

Frieza's gonna steal a time ring from Shin, go back in time to exterminate all those dirty monkeys and accidentally awaken a big green can of whoop rear end

he'll somehow manage to escape and beg Goku and Vegeta to help, mostly hoping that they'll die in the process

Call Toryiama immediately, I would watch the poo poo out of this.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

CharlestonJew posted:

The main problem I can see there is that Freeza would have to wear Potara and he kind of has no ears. I mean, he has weird square things, but I can't imagine he'd be able to clip the earrings on those.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

seiferguy posted:

Gonna go into the movie with a fresh set of eyes and not have any expectations. If it's playing in the states I might go opening night and dust off one of my DBZ shirts I had from 8th grade.

Nah buy some new ones from uniqlo: https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/ut-graphic-tees/jump-50th

Now I'm extra glad I bought tickets for the DBZ movie re-releases/new dubs.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Was it confirmed that the movies are getting new dubs?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

From everything I read they're just showing the Blu Rays in theaters.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
If time travel's involved, somehow trap Broly in the equivalent of a room of spirit & time for thousands of years and when he escapes he's god tier strong, insane with rage and just insane. Somewhere the gods can't reach him.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I kinda figure the whole thing is going to be, Frieza is like "Ok, so, Earth has Goku (and Vegeta but who loving cares about Vegeta). I'm really loving strong, but I could always use my own Goku. My explorer servants have found what appears to be a Saiyan frozen in an iceberg somewhere. I'm going to pop it open, and train him up, and point him at whatever I want dead, and oh poo poo it's broly gently caress gently caress gently caress uh go kill goku instead of me thanks bye oh gently caress gently caress".

Having said that, I'm usually 100% wrong about this stuff, so you can safely assume that will NOT be the story.

chiasaur11 posted:

It's just "Broly", your Honor.. and, yes, I'm ready. Ladies and gentlemen of the Frieza force, I'm just a cave-saiyan. I fell on some ice and later got thawed out by some of your scientists. Your worlds frighten and confuse me! Sometimes the terrified screams of your victims make me want to get out of my spaceship.. and fly off into the hills, or wherever.. Sometimes when I get a message on my scouter, I wonder: "Did little namekians get inside and type it?" I don't know! My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts. But there is one thing I do know - when a man like my client slips and falls on a sidewalk in front of a public library, then we need to kill Kakarot. Thank you.

I just want to let you know, I appreciated this.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Yesh posted:

If time travel's involved, somehow trap Broly in the equivalent of a room of spirit & time for thousands of years and when he escapes he's god tier strong, insane with rage and just insane. Somewhere the gods can't reach him.

Same except he dies of old age because nothing indicates he's immortal and immortality is in short supply in the universe 7 of dragon ball

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Calaveron posted:

Same except he dies of old age because nothing indicates he's immortal and immortality is in short supply in the universe 7 of dragon ball

old age means nothing when your power level is THIS *holds out arms as far as I can* big

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Powering Up lets you move faster than time, so logically Powering Up should also let you age backwards.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it’d be a waste if they don’t have kale fight broly (and win because she’s a better character)

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Augus posted:

it’d be a waste if they don’t have kale fight broly (and win because she’s a better character)

It don't see how that would work, Goku beat Kale in SSG. If Broly's going to be a threat to Goku & Vegeta at full strength combined he's presumably going to be approaching Jiren-levels of insanely overpowered

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

multijoe posted:

It don't see how that would work, Goku beat Kale in SSG. If Broly's going to be a threat to Goku & Vegeta at full strength combined he's presumably going to be approaching Jiren-levels of insanely overpowered

Okay, but what if Kale got really mad?

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I always wondered why mid-buff Knock-Off Broly was supposed to be better than the full Berserk mode. Berserker was able to tank all of Goku's attacks with no issue, but Mid-Buff plus Caulifla weren't even enough to make Goku try.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Rhonne posted:

Okay, but what if Kale got really mad?

Honestly, saying power levels aren't important at all in Dragon Ball is just as silly as getting mad that a character's power didn't conform to some elaborate power scaling model

Broly is going to be very, very strong. Goku will go SSBKKx20 and get smooshed by him, because he is the new baddie and also infamously has a power level of MAXIMUM. We've already seen Kale had to Potara fuse to beat Goku so the odds seem low she's going to turn up for no reason and beat up the most famously overpowered villain in the franchise in his first canon appearance

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

TheLoneStar posted:

I always wondered why mid-buff Knock-Off Broly was supposed to be better than the full Berserk mode. Berserker was able to tank all of Goku's attacks with no issue, but Mid-Buff plus Caulifla weren't even enough to make Goku try.

it's because the buff happened later into the tournament; that's about it. super is very inconsistent about this stuff. say what you will about power levels in dbz, but it was always clear who was stronger and why

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's because the buff happened later into the tournament; that's about it. super is very inconsistent about this stuff. say what you will about power levels in dbz, but it was always clear who was stronger and why

Any time power levels seem off in the ToP it's because one or more of the combatants were Conserving Stamina

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
what if Broly was the one who killed Jiren's family twice?

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Manatee Cannon posted:

I know power levels are pretty much a meme at this point, but the inconsistent strengths during the tournament kept bugging me. Like Jiren almost seemed to get weaker as time passed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Half of Dracula posted:

Any time power levels seem off in the ToP it's because one or more of the combatants were Conserving Stamina

this is literally not true. for starters, goku didn't even have any stamina when he fought kale and caulifla. it's not just the tournament either