Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

How the hell did OFA heal Deku's hand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Are we sure it's healed? It just looks ... psychedelic.

Also, Aoyama is his own night light.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Patware posted:

yeah all might is called specifically out in the previous chapter

honestly it's really weird writing to go 'one is missing...' when in the previous chapter we already saw that the brothers were facing off. it does nothing but confuse

There's always the possibility of someone being wrong about this very weird poo poo going on

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
you know I was thinking how this comic would keep giving it's protaganist upgrades since the only path forward with OFA seemed to be "more power"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Mirage posted:

Are we sure it's healed? It just looks ... psychedelic.

Also, Aoyama is his own night light.

most of the scars on his hand were on the side of his arm you can't see and he has the full cowl effect going, so it's hard to say

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Onmi posted:

Someone just suggested the idea that Deku may be gaining access to the other quirks of previous OFA users.

:staredog:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Patware posted:

It's weird that there's no apparent significance to the order the successors are standing in. I also wonder why those two are in shadow - just unfinalized designs? None of the other holders should be currently alive except Toshinori, right?

Also: wanna know more about Hellboy

Funky Valentine posted:

Izuku > All Might > Nana > Hellboy > "Hey you wanna buy some coke?" > Grown-Up Aoyama > Man On Fire aka Shoto's Grandpa
Looks more like Jack Cayman to me.

If Deku really is getting the Quirks of his predecessors, I can’t wait for him to break out the chainsaw arm.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I just thought that the 1st activated OfA and the wind pressure destroyed his room, not Deku gaining some more powers. Besides, if there were more powers to gain All Might would either have used them or told Deku about them

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
All Might never went to dreamland and met the original bearer, so "All Might would have known" doesn't really hold up.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Was that meant to be Kurogiri as the bodyguard who protected AFO?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
His room looks like it was burned up. Weird.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

symbolic posted:

I don't recall Toru ever having a moment of weakness either.

How would we ever be able to tell?

Fabricated posted:

His room looks like it was burned up. Weird.

Does this mean Deku is Touya Todoroki is Dabi?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
It looks like a small bomb went off where his hand would have been while he was asleep.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

The biggest question raised by this chapter: does Deku sleep in his gym clothes?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

gmq posted:

The biggest question raised by this chapter: does Deku sleep in his gym clothes?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Onmi posted:

Someone just suggested the idea that Deku may be gaining access to the other quirks of previous OFA users.
God, I hope that's what it is, that sounds amazing.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

nooo, don't become the super special-est

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I mean. That's literally the premise of his power

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Actually it raises a question if all of the previous users were Quirkless as well, or if they had a Quirk before getting OfA

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

SgtSteel91 posted:

Actually it raises a question if all of the previous users were Quirkless as well, or if they had a Quirk before getting OfA

Future OfA holders will get an extra toe bone.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SgtSteel91 posted:

It's going to turn out they have quirks but they are all really lame quirks.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's going to turn out they have quirks but they are all really lame quirks.

But, by combining them with One for All, they all become extremely powerful.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

one thing i noted is that the "bone spurs" quirk that AfO transferred is one of the quirks he used in his final superarm attack against all might

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
See if Deku had a quirk theory is true, its possible it’s embers are coming back due to OfA.

I was thinking what would make sense for a combination of Fire Breathing and Telekinesis. I wonder was his quirk Phoenix, where he can immolate himself and telekinetically rebuild his body, would make sense then that OfA is so destructive of his body, it knows he “should” rebuild if badly hurt.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

SgtSteel91 posted:

Isn't One For All's nature a quirk that "stocks" other quirks? That combined with brotherman's quirk to "pass quirks on"

If anything All Might's powers being as "simple" as Hulk-level physical abilities seems to me like it might just be how he interpreted it's use, rather than the nature of OFA itself.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

one for all stockpiles power. if it stocks other quirks, there's been no indictation of it yet

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

SgtSteel91 posted:

It's said at one point that All Might's master had a quirk. It was just useless compared to OfA.

Also they were going to give Mirio OfA, and he has a quirk.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Neito posted:

Also they were going to give Mirio OfA, and he has a quirk.

Umm...

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That was Nighteye's idea. The moment that All Might saw Deku try to rescue Bakugo he had already decided who would inherit One For All.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Well, had

Of all the previous OfA users, we only really know about 3 of them, All Might(who was quirkless), Nana(who we never got to see in action, so we don't know if she had a quirk) and the original user(who just had the ability to pass on his quirk). So we really don't have an idea about what the rest of them were like or if they had quirks themselves.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hunt11 posted:

That was Nighteye's idea. The moment that All Might saw Deku try to rescue Bakugo he had already decided who would inherit One For All.

Yes and All Might also thought to himself when he met Mirio, had he not met Izuku first he probably would have given it to Mirio.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rhonne posted:

Well, had

Of all the previous OfA users, we only really know about 3 of them, All Might(who was quirkless), Nana(who we never got to see in action, so we don't know if she had a quirk) and the original user(who just had the ability to pass on his quirk). So we really don't have an idea about what the rest of them were like or if they had quirks themselves.

Nana was stated to have a quirk.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Singularity referring to the Quirk Singularity or all the wielders merging their consciousness?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Since Gran Torino had to train All Might, I wonder if there was stuff about One For All that Yagi didn't know about, but Nana did, that she didn't have time to teach him before she died. And since All Might took to using it so readily he probably didn't feel the need to explore the limits of OFA. He apparently didn't have these dreams or else he would have warned Deku about it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

Since Gran Torino had to train All Might, I wonder if there was stuff about One For All that Yagi didn't know about, but Nana did, that she didn't have time to teach him before she died. And since All Might took to using it so readily he probably didn't feel the need to explore the limits of OFA. He apparently didn't have these dreams or else he would have warned Deku about it.

iirc, the first time something like this happened to deku and he tells all might about it, he says he never saw the other o4a users like deku did

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Manatee Cannon posted:

iirc, the first time something like this happened to deku and he tells all might about it, he says he never saw the other o4a users like deku did

With the Sports Fest fight between Shinso and Deku, afterwards Deku mentions the shadows that broke him free and All Might is like "Uh that sounds scary and new".

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

what if the previous ofa users are using deku's telekinesis quirk on him to get him to move during the sports fest :tinfoil: a finger is a small object after all.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

despite it being a case of narrative necessity i really enjoy just how lovely a mentor all might is for deku

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Kild posted:

what if the previous ofa users are using deku's telekinesis quirk on him to get him to move during the sports fest :tinfoil: a finger is a small object after all.

Although I'm not really on board for the whole idea about Deku getting previous quirks (he's already got the best superpower in the setting, and the whole manga's been showing ways to make "plain" super strength, speed, and durability dynamic and cool), even that's better than Deku having a quirk he just didn't know about.

Deku's deal is he was a no-hoper who got a chance. Giving him a quirk takes away from that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Kild posted:

Singularity referring to the Quirk Singularity or all the wielders merging their consciousness?

The whole line is "We've long since passed the point of singularity. But don't worry, you're not alone." Deku still is his own person (:tinfoil:), and "you're not alone" isn't much comfort if you're scared about your ego merging with strangers or something, so that's probably out. It doesn't really seem like the world is past the point of Quirk singularity either, though the narrative has pointed out that Quirks are getting progressively weirder and more powerful. So maybe he's talking about One For All itself? Like, "This Quirk is already way too loving strong. But don't worry, you're not alone." That's not a very satisfying interpretation either, though. So yeah, dunno.