Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

he does not appear physically, no. Then again, it's mot like the Rebuilds, and especially not 3.0, were ever intended to be truly consumed in a vacuum - they are absolutely a response to the original series and are best understood in that context.

Yeah. Didn't mean that as like a Cinema Sin or anything, just something that occurred to me and I was too lazy to skip through 1 and 2 to check, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The teaser's officially on Youtube now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xezMJ2s50E

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
I hope none of these teaser shots we've gotten so far will show up in the movie and it will be about something else, then again they put the idea of that possibility in our heads to start with with the teaser at the end of 2.22 so who knows at this point? It really could go either way and all I can do is hope it won't suck ev-

...are those entry plugs on the guns? :eyepop: Is that Eva hanging on AT strings like the fleet of ships in 3

BiggestOrangeTree fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jul 26, 2018

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I wonder if Mari is actually going to leave her EVA in the new movie. Every shot with her in 3.0 is inside a cockpit IIRC (Unless you think that's her in the photo with Yui that Shinji gets shown).

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jul 26, 2018

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Mari what the gently caress are you shooting at, bullets don't come cheap in the post-post-apocalypse

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Raxivace posted:

I wonder if Mari is actually going to leave her EVA in the new movie. Every short with her in 3.0 is inside a cockpit IIRC (Unless you think that's her in the photo with Yui that Shinji gets shown).

She's shown walking around the wunder talking with asuka right?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Raxivace posted:

I wonder if Mari is actually going to leave her EVA in the new movie. Every short with her in 3.0 is inside a cockpit IIRC (Unless you think that's her in the photo with Yui that Shinji gets shown).

She has to as I hope the final movie does something with her. If not man she is one of the weirder characters in the franchise

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I don't have a copy of the scene to hand but isn't that more or less the same as the teaser at the end of 3.0 which also had an Eva pirouetting around spewing bullets randomly at nothing?

Also I remember the 2.0 epilogue lied about the content of 3.0 so I don't trust that teaser for a second. :v:

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

Pierson posted:

I don't have a copy of the scene to hand but isn't that more or less the same as the teaser at the end of 3.0 which also had an Eva pirouetting around spewing bullets randomly at nothing?

Also I remember the 2.0 epilogue lied about the content of 3.0 so I don't trust that teaser for a second. :v:

Nah, the 3.0 teaser had the Eva running around on the ground fighting a bunch of other Evas with a sword.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

She's shown walking around the wunder talking with asuka right?

If I remember right Asuka's walking/running to Unit 2 and Mari is on the comm teasing her. I don't think we see her out of her Eva.

drat, now I need to rewatch the film to check.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Zartosht posted:

Nah, the 3.0 teaser had the Eva running around on the ground fighting a bunch of other Evas with a sword.

It was also half unit 2, split down the middle.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Pierson posted:

did the 2.0 teaser really lie or did that stuff happen and they just skipped it?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

did the 2.0 teaser really lie or did that stuff happen and they just skipped it?

yeah it was a scene of unit 02 and the pink one sliced perfectly down the middle doing a bunch of gymnastics or something. never showed up anywhere

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
the teaser at the end of 2.0 seems to have happened but been skipped over

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

I'm going to believe in that shot of Gendo and Fuyutski in the mountains. It's too good not to be true.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

bring back old gbs posted:

yeah it was a scene of unit 02 and the pink one sliced perfectly down the middle doing a bunch of gymnastics or something. never showed up anywhere

That was at the end of 3.0. The teaser at the end of 2.0 was the one that implied Gendo and Fuutsuki returned to NERV HQ and found the old logo in the ruins and the pilots had some kind of meeting. Some of that still could have happened though Rei doesn't quite fit given how 3.0 opened.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Midjack posted:

That was at the end of 3.0. The teaser at the end of 2.0 was the one that implied Gendo and Fuutsuki returned to NERV HQ and found the old logo in the ruins and the pilots had some kind of meeting. Some of that still could have happened though Rei doesn't quite fit given how 3.0 opened.

ohh yeah i forgot about that one

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
You also had a quick picture of Rei protecting a bunch of her clones.

Too hopeful.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
I hope the donkey from the old 3.0 preview comes back for 3.0+1.0.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

BiggestOrangeTree posted:

...are those entry plugs on the guns? :eyepop: Is that Eva hanging on AT strings like the fleet of ships in 3

It definitely has some sort of belt/harness around its waist with two anchor points and they specifically animate light glinting off SOME sort of strings. Not sure if it's supposed to be AT stuff or just it being suspended under the Wunder or something else..

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/shinkalion/status/1025510434345050112

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
It’s crazy how big a cultural thing Eva is in Japan. Shits everywhere.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Rebuild 3.0+1.0 is looking pretty good

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Moose-Alini posted:

It’s crazy how big a cultural thing Eva is in Japan. Shits everywhere.

I'm not so sure. My impression is that this is niche advertising probably aired only during specific anime shows, kinda like the commercials featuring drag queens that air during Drag Race on vh1 and during no other time block.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

3.0+1.0 will have absolutely nothing to do with 3.0 and instead will be shinji waking up in the soulless hellworld that contains all of the bizarre licensed eva merch

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

jit bull transpile posted:

I'm not so sure. My impression is that this is niche advertising probably aired only during specific anime shows, kinda like the commercials featuring drag queens that air during Drag Race on vh1 and during no other time block.

I mean

it's the episode preview of a children's morning TV show

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
I spent some time there a few years ago and that stuff was everywhere. Eva ads or art on everything. I was pretty surprised.

Like Eva paintings on gas stations, and Eva soap and sodas. And so many pachinko machines.

And apparently they just painted the Shinkansen like 01

Moose-Alini fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Aug 4, 2018

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
We've never seen Gendo as happy again as during Shave Impact

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Please Give Me Wings (For Shaving My Beard)

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
3.0 + 1.0 directed by John Woo

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Finally got around to watching a bunch more with my SO, yesterday was Rei I and II and the jet alone episode. Ramiel was a trip and she was like Uhhh What when the drill came out, I guess that's the point in the series where you start to realise just how weird the angels actually are. Main takeaway from the next ep was that the way the robot swings its arms when it walks is extremely cute :3:

Asuka next

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Watched the Asuka episode, we both cracked up for like a minute at "baumkuchen". Like "oh yeah every Japanese person knows that"

I forgot how much I loved the animation when they ram the battleships down the angel's throat drat

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Oh my god, the absolutely best episode is coming up next. I can't wait for your reactions.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

The Big Word posted:

Watched the Asuka episode, we both cracked up for like a minute at "baumkuchen". Like "oh yeah every Japanese person knows that"

I forgot how much I loved the animation when they ram the battleships down the angel's throat drat

I watched Robotech on Netflix a while ago and wow if they don't do literally the exact same thing to an enemy spaceship. They even have one of their tiny mechs running around the inside of the spaceship when they blow it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLi7ULuqDkQ&t=72s Right here at about 1:12. The arm, which is made of an aircraft carrier, has a bunch of little robots on it which fire all their guns after it gets punched inside the spaceship.

Just wacky as all hell.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Zeruel posted:

Oh my god, the absolutely best episode is coming up next. I can't wait for your reactions.
I'm loving how much she's digging the mostly wholesome/straightforward first half of the show and it's such a treat getting to share in her clueless first-watch excitement really tho we know the main event is gonna be seeing what she makes of 25/26 + EoE + 3.0

SHISHKABOB posted:

I watched Robotech on Netflix a while ago and wow if they don't do literally the exact same thing to an enemy spaceship. They even have one of their tiny mechs running around the inside of the spaceship when they blow it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLi7ULuqDkQ&t=72s Right here at about 1:12. The arm, which is made of an aircraft carrier, has a bunch of little robots on it which fire all their guns after it gets punched inside the spaceship.

Just wacky as all hell.
Jeez, the bubbling-surface explosion effect and everything. Legit!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Almost literally every shot in Evangelion is a reference to something Anno likes

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Sakurazuka posted:

Almost literally every shot in Evangelion is a reference to something Anno likes
This can't be true, because his Godzilla movie had references to Evangelion, which he hates.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
"Anno hates Evangelion" always seemed like more of a weird projection to me than anything that's actually textual in the show or been stated in an interview or basically anything else

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I assumed that was ironic but yeah 'Anno hates Evangelion' has as much substance as 'he wrote EoE to gently caress with fans', none.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

jit bull transpile posted:

Its loving huge