Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Heh. alternatively are there any faces with furious rage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wuher has a pretty pissed off face with some good sideburns. Was also thinking of sticking Nien Nunb on there.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Rogue One dude maybe?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

TheMadMilkman posted:

But the UCS Millennium Falcon. Since it’s the biggest set, you’ll be done.

For real, though, figure out which lines you like the most and force yourself to stick to those. The only “must buys” for me are the creator modules.

This is kinda what I've been doing already.

Initially I picked up the odd non-canon Star Wars Sandspeeder because it tickled my fancy for some reason. But then I noticed they had a small kit with some Jawa and Tusken Raider, so I had to get that one obviously. Then I figured I could make a neat display if I also got Luke's landspeeder.

And then the fucks released a Sandcrawler this month. :argh:

But basically I do have a pretty narrow scope of what I want (so far): Tatooine.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Well the new cantina has Wuher but the prior cantina is a better set really. And the way overpriced Imperial Landing Craft in the current wave has new sandtroopers. Get thee to BrickLink!

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Yeah, I looked at the terrible looking cantina set and dismissed it. Same with the skiff and sarlacc pit. What I'd want is a R2-D2 to go with the sandcrawler and C3PO. Seems like it's available on a few cheaper recently sets.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Attestant posted:

Yeah, I looked at the terrible looking cantina set and dismissed it. Same with the skiff and sarlacc pit. What I'd want is a R2-D2 to go with the sandcrawler and C3PO. Seems like it's available on a few cheaper recently sets.

I got like 5 R2s recently, fuckers in a ton of sets

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
It's a shame they didn't do the set-appropriate R5-D4 figure with the new Sandcrawler. The only other one was in the UCS Sandcrawler,

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The only reason to buy the new cantina is to add to the old one

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Hey guys, random request. Anyone who bought Voltron: did you get an extra of this guy in light gray?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalo...y=%5BBar%5D#T=C

I need one for a build and there are none on bricklink, and this is usually a piece you get an extra of, so if anyone has one I'd be happy to PayPal a buck or two your way for one. I'm in TX 75243 if that's a factor.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Is visible? Does it have to be gray? Because Target sells in the polybag of Kylo Ren's shuttle and that's only like 4.00 bucks

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Yeah, gotta be gray. I have plenty in black and brown

Dogen
May 5, 2002

veni veni veni posted:

Wuher, Han Solo update, cool table build with the light. Also the little speeder thingy.

None of which in any way justifies the price of the set.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Found a dozen HP figs on the pegs at Target, and felt out 5 I didn't have. Fred Meyer had 3 boxes (and not in their loss-prevention cabinet), but they were all open and picked through, so I was sure I wasn't going to find a Percival. After going through about 5/6 the box, I felt a pack with two hair pieces and no staff. Score! Got him. Took me ages to find a Luna, though, and looks like I grabbed a second Dobby rather than Credence. Didn't realize Dobby had a 1x2 tile, too, and didn't try finding a confirming piece.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dogen posted:

Wuher, Han Solo update, cool table build with the light. Also the little speeder thingy.

None of which in any way justifies the price of the set.

Yeah. Honestly I ran out and bought it for all that stuff too lol. It's a complete ripoff of a set that is laser targeted at those of us that are gonna go "Woah! Wuher! Gotta get that!" though. I do like it. The speeder is neat.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Carbohydrates posted:

Hey guys, random request. Anyone who bought Voltron: did you get an extra of this guy in light gray?

I need one for a build and there are none on bricklink, and this is usually a piece you get an extra of, so if anyone has one I'd be happy to PayPal a buck or two your way for one. I'm in TX 75243 if that's a factor.

PMing you now.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Carbohydrates posted:

I've not gotten new lego for a while. I've been wanting a part like this for ages.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Speaking of Voltron pieces, is that half bisected gray piece new?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Luminaflare posted:

I've not gotten new lego for a while. I've been wanting a part like this for ages.

There's actually a really old lego piece like this but it's super rare, I think. I have one or two, they're of the old light grey color.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

There's actually a really old lego piece like this but it's super rare, I think. I have one or two, they're of the old light grey color.

Wasn't the old one was just a stud on top though?

I've been seeing that part pop up more here and there. I've got a few in black. It's pretty cool and I hope it becomes more common.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Luminaflare posted:

Oh man. May I share with you some of the amazing new pieces we've recently gotten?

PLATE 1X1 W/3.2 SHAFT/1.5 HOLE, 2015
Can be used in a lot of ways for very compact upside-down building with clips, hollow studs, etc. The hollow bar interacts with a lot of minifig accessories, also.

PLATE 1X1 ROUND W/ 3.2 SHAFT, 2016
Very compact clip and bar connections and hinges. The rounded back allows it to be set at a ton of different angles.

BRICK 1X1, W/ 2 KNOBS, CORNER, 2017
Somehow a billion times more useful than the old Travis brick for corner building and architecture.

& 29120 RIGHT/LEFT PLATE 1X2, W/ BOW, 45 DEG. CUT, 2017
Organic curves and smooth flowing lines for your cars, spaceships, and sculptures.

PLATE 1X1 ROUND W/ HORIZONTAL 3.2 SHAFT, 2017
Tons of connection and detail opportunities. Small mecha joints, exhaust pipes, etc. A system-friendly way to combine two axes of rotation in a very tiny space.

PLATE 1X3 W/ 2 KNOBS, 2017
No explanation needed. Long overdue.

, 2018
Rounded corners, curved walls, tiny rotational joints, low profile bar connections. Already one of my favorite pieces ever.

36840 & 36841 PLATE 1X1, W/ 1.5 PLATE 1X1, UPWARDS/DOWNWARDS, 2018
Allows for ultra compact sideways connections. Pairs amazing with headlight bricks. Pairs with 87087 for tiny sideways half-plate offset staggers and other overly complex nonsense. I've wanted this piece for years and it's finally here!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Carbohydrates posted:

Oh I need a couple of those in black to make a coffee machine (it's great for an espresso portafilter).

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

veni veni veni posted:

I would be willing to spend a fair bit of money on a big set that's similar to the Simpsons Kwik-E-Mart in complexity and scale. But that tiny set currently available is just sad and I don't get why it exists.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Carbohydrates posted:

Oh man. May I share with you some of the amazing new pieces we've recently gotten?

PLATE 1X1 W/3.2 SHAFT/1.5 HOLE, 2015
Can be used in a lot of ways for very compact upside-down building with clips, hollow studs, etc. The hollow bar interacts with a lot of minifig accessories, also.

PLATE 1X1 ROUND W/ 3.2 SHAFT, 2016
Very compact clip and bar connections and hinges. The rounded back allows it to be set at a ton of different angles.

BRICK 1X1, W/ 2 KNOBS, CORNER, 2017
Somehow a billion times more useful than the old Travis brick for corner building and architecture.

& 29120 RIGHT/LEFT PLATE 1X2, W/ BOW, 45 DEG. CUT, 2017
Organic curves and smooth flowing lines for your cars, spaceships, and sculptures.

PLATE 1X1 ROUND W/ HORIZONTAL 3.2 SHAFT, 2017
Tons of connection and detail opportunities. Small mecha joints, exhaust pipes, etc. A system-friendly way to combine two axes of rotation in a very tiny space.

PLATE 1X3 W/ 2 KNOBS, 2017
No explanation needed. Long overdue.

, 2018
Rounded corners, curved walls, tiny rotational joints, low profile bar connections. Already one of my favorite pieces ever.

36840 & 36841 PLATE 1X1, W/ 1.5 PLATE 1X1, UPWARDS/DOWNWARDS, 2018
Allows for ultra compact sideways connections. Pairs amazing with headlight bricks. Pairs with 87087 for tiny sideways half-plate offset staggers and other overly complex nonsense. I've wanted this piece for years and it's finally here!

I generally build micro scale stuff and holy poo poo drat those are some good parts.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Krazyface posted:

Look up the Australian price on the Imperial landing craft, I dare you.

I need an Australian shop!

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Target has the two previous trains on deeeep discount if you're lucky enough to live near one of the few stores with them in stock.

https://www.target.com/p/lego-174-city-cargo-train-60052/-/A-15645520

https://www.target.com/p/lego-174-city-high-speed-passenger-train-60051/-/A-15645519

I am not so lucky.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

The_Doctor posted:

That’s Dean Thomas. There’s more than one black student, you unbelievable racist. :mad:

I am joking, obvs

I called Credence Clemence in that post too, it was just broadly shameful.

I've been picking up a little figure or 2 every lunch break but have hit a real moral dilemma. The lady at the little shop I go to has already felt some up and stuck number stickers on them (she's on her 6th box, she can't believe how well they're selling), and it's tough. I don't want to buy her out and stop the kids getting their faves but gosh darn I want all the Cho Changs to make some Ravenclaw students. I don't really like pack-feeling in general tbh it doesn't seem fair that some neckbeard scoops up all the Hermiones or whatever the standout is.

deoju posted:

I'm not really into Potter stuff, but having a normal student Hufflepuff torso would have been cooler than 4 Gryfindors, imo.

Yeah, in the long ago range I don't think Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw torsos even existed, think it was just Malfoy torsos for Slytherin and everything else was Gryffindor. I realise lego want to put out the main characters and must of those students are Gryffindor but they must know some people will want a few students from each house. Considering how well this range has been selling and the odd character choices they made there's bound to be a second set and hopefully that will have some more house uniforms.

They must be planning a second wave, there's too many characters that aren't obvious inclusions to any scene/location set but are still bigger deals than Flitwick, Trelawney, Dean Thomas or Harry-in-pyjamas. McGonagall, Gilderoy Lockhart, Umbridge, even a generic Death Eater would be a better inclusion.

Ultimate hope for wave 2 is Fred Weasley and George Weasley, they are both absolutely identical figures, strong troll move.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

The_Doctor posted:

Oh I need a couple of those in black to make a coffee machine (it's great for an espresso portafilter).

Somebody mentioned it already but go grab a couple of kylo ren shuttles in the polybag. It's a cool little ship and they come with an extra one of those.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Ebay has a 15% off coupon today. Up to $100 in savings.

Good way to get discounts on sets.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

ChesterJT posted:

Somebody mentioned it already but go grab a couple of kylo ren shuttles in the polybag. It's a cool little ship and they come with an extra one of those.

I'm not in the US, so I wouldn't know where to look for those. :(

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
A couple of years ago I did a quick & dirty disassemble of all my Star Wars sets because I was tired of dusting them all the time and also needed the shelf space back. Needless to say I didn't do a great job of separating the majority of them, so all the parts ended up in a big bag.

After a couple of sorting spells I'm now at this point:

And I figure I can start building them out. So far i seem to have misplaced my 2 Han Solo in Carbonite slabs, but I'm sure they'll turn up somewhere. :v:

NickThorn
Jan 11, 2005

I'm fucking wild about KEYKEYs.
I have expanded my bootlego horror collection to include MOCs of obscure horror characters. Here are my Halloween III Brick or Treaters

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
How up to date is LDD as far as parts go? Is there a better app to use now? I want to design some little vignettes but I haven’t used LDD or any equivalent program in years.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Use stud.io from bricklink. It has most of the new parts and is updated a lot. It also lets you add your build to a wish list.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Mecabricks is my go-to; it updates with most new pieces almost immediately, sometimes before the set containing the new piece is even out.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Chris Knight posted:

A couple of years ago I did a quick & dirty disassemble of all my Star Wars sets because I was tired of dusting them all the time and also needed the shelf space back. Needless to say I didn't do a great job of separating the majority of them, so all the parts ended up in a big bag.

After a couple of sorting spells I'm now at this point:

And I figure I can start building them out. So far i seem to have misplaced my 2 Han Solo in Carbonite slabs, but I'm sure they'll turn up somewhere. :v:

Did you clean the pieces yet?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Did the plant pack promo in the online store sell out already? It didn't get added to my order.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Geeking about a bit about this one since I'm a huge fan of his and have two of his models on my display shelf!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I still have the pieces for those to radios in my wish list. I have about four mocs in there that I plan to order some day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can
LEGO Overwatch might be a TV show on Netflix!

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-overwatch-website-launches/