Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
This story better lead to Newspaper Sleepwalker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Push El Burrito posted:

I haven't been keeping up on the "real" comics but I think he showed up in a dark hawk mini last month so a NSM push to coincide with that is probably at least six months away

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

rip peter parker

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
dont try and remember something you might hurt yourself :(

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Watching NSM trying to drop bon mots left and right is physically causing me pain.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
In my headcanon he's going through the same internal struggle about his quips as that time against Punisher.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Synthbuttrange posted:

rip peter parker

Peter you've referred to rent as "tariffs" and your wallet as a billfold (which doesn't come up on my tablet's spellcheck oddly enough) you should be the last person to complain.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I was gonna say, probably last week, Peter.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

davidspackage posted:

I was gonna say, probably last week, Peter.

Last week he was on the road with MJ.

I don't have a point to this other than I thought about it for a moment and couldn't believe it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Since last week he went underground, got buried by rubble, travelled to florida and got punched by the lizard and the hulk. He's got a busy concussion filled life.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Push El Burrito posted:

gently caress yes, it would be so great and they could team up... oh, you were probably joking? :sigh:

I love Sleepwalker :unsmith:

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Last week he was on the road with MJ.

I don't have a point to this other than I thought about it for a moment and couldn't believe it.

Last week Peter was dealing with henchGRONKs.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

jesus pete change your clothes

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Uh, Pete, where are you keeping your mask if it isn't in one of your pockets?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Pete's gonna undress like that Mr Bean skit where he goes to the beach and there's a dude standing there with him and Mr Bean doesn't realize until the end that the dude is blind

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Zeeman posted:

It must be on his head somewhere for how often it shows up on his face. Keeps it in his hair?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that he was in florida has nothing to do with anything. peter has a long history of taking pictures, pictures of spiderman! also, that newspaper with his name on it in large print demonstrates that he was present in ny to take pictures of spiderman and iron fist the night before, which is what gc is asking questions about. like, is he trying to claim that it was some other peter parker because he was out of town? and more importantly, is his ruse actually working?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Zeeman posted:

It’s in his “prison wallet”

head58
Apr 1, 2013

“I have never seen a boarding pass so I’ll just draw a UK license plate instead. I’m sure that’s close.“ - the artist

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Synthbuttrange posted:

Holy poo poo, that hand.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

That's a license plate, not a boarding pass.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Synthbuttrange posted:

I know I do this joke every time but Peter you are thinking out loud again.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Knormal posted:

Holy poo poo, that hand.

You'll have to be more specific

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hi it's me Suwan, standing at an angle.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This totally fits because he probably wrote that Iron Fist story in like five minutes

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

I'm a little confused why he's sitting around and hoping they don't uncover his secret identity for all of this time. Does he have some kind of goal in mind, here? Why doesn't he just beat them up with punches and kicks and be done with it?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Chinook posted:

I'm a little confused why he's sitting around and hoping they don't uncover his secret identity for all of this time. Does he have some kind of goal in mind, here? Why doesn't he just beat them up with punches and kicks and be done with it?

Because then they might figure out that he's Spider-Man!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Because him fighting back can only mean Spider-Man!

I can't find it, someone post the page where Thor is undercover at a construction site, but shows off such strength and always runs off to fight crime that the foreman thinks he's Spider-Man.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well to be fair, peter isn't just some random goober who is married to an e-list celebrity. rather, he has a long association with spiderman. so, if he starts exhibiting vague super powers and extreme cognitive deficiency, even someone dumb enough to be netflix iron fist's enemy might connect the dots.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

You're suspiciously fit and strong and fast for a guy who merely follows Spider-Man around...

Duh! How do you think I'm able to keep up with a guy like Spider-Man!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's like when people are surprised that a soccer linesman is very athlethic...

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
What are the chances that Peter will have to resort to his powers and bluff that he is the Iron Fist, despite Danny having a full grown, visible beard, and everyone believes it?

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

Samuringa posted:

What are the chances that Peter will have to resort to his powers and bluff that he is the Iron Fist, despite Danny having a full grown, visible beard, and everyone believes it?

I mean, now that you've said it, almost a certainty.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if he trips, falls, and lands with his butt stuck in a mop bucket no one would question the ruse

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Samuringa posted:

Peter procures and wears a fake beard, but he forgets to put it on half the time he goes in costume. However, because Iron Fist alternates between stubble and a full beard regularly, this works out in his favor.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

"You got tricked into visiting my base, stumbled around, got knocked out without achieving anything and now you have no idea what's going on. You must be Spider-man!"

"drat, I blew my cover"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Qwertycoatl posted:

"You got tricked into visiting my base, stumbled around, got knocked out without achieving anything and now you have no idea what's going on. You must be Spider-man!"

"Does he suspect that I might be Spider-Man?"

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Savidudeosoo posted:

I mean, now that you've said it, almost a certainty.

Well yeah, we've all but confirmed that Stan Lee's ghostwriter is in the thread now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

whoopsy doodle