Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
They used 3d for the Doppo Jr vs Retsu fight but nowhere else which gives me hope that 3d use will be minimal and only for fights that dont matter that no one cares about. Although you could say the animation could be better in world where berserk 2016 exists you cant really complain about this. I cant wait for more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Also Im reading through garouden and if you havent yet then loving do it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Macksy posted:

Also Im reading through garouden and if you havent yet then loving do it.

Garouden is goddamn win but the ending sucks!!!

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Impressive early muscle-chin tech.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Plutonis posted:

Garouden is goddamn win but the ending sucks!!!

I read through it like two times before on the third run I realized that nope the scans didn't just stop in the middle of nowhere that was actually the entirety of it.

Such balls.

Good fights tho

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Two eps in and the animayion already lookin rouuuuuugh. That blood spatter effect lmao.

RIP in peace poor rando convenience store kid.

I find myself liking Speck despite myself. He's just havin a good time.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
He's got one of those infectious smiles.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Speck is great. Just loving shooting himself on the face out of nowhere

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Personal ranking of the convicts, spoilers in case people don't want to be biased watching the new anime:

Speck is the funniest, Dorian has the best fights, Doyle is the manliest, Yanagi is the boringest and Sikorsky also exists.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I agree with all of that

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Also the missing volumes of the first Baki are getting translated on 4chan now. https://boards.fireden.net/_/search/subject/Grappler%20Baki%20translations/

The tournament had a bunch of really funny characters like the badass New York bouncer guy who fights in a tuxedo and the american super jumper guy who Yujiro is horny for.

Also Jack eating steroids like m&ms.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jose posted:

I agree with all of that

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Thank gently caress it's finally being translated I downloaded the anime last year to rewatch lol

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Sindai posted:

My favorite Baki moment is probably Doppo's reaction to losing his hand in that arc so I'm excited.

I really liked Hanayama getting punched so hard with his mouth full of bullets that all the bullets exploded

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
New episode was kinda blah with half of it devoted to Baki doing track and field, but hey the intro now has actual animation in it now and it looks pretty nice

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
A friend told me this is being shown on the American Netflix. I'm UK I have crunchyroll and Netflix, just wondering if this is true and I'm going to have to wait :v:

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

VoLaTiLe posted:

A friend told me this is being shown on the American Netflix. I'm UK I have crunchyroll and Netflix, just wondering if this is true and I'm going to have to wait :v:

It's airing on tv in japan and then available on netflix when it's done. There are fansubs as new episodes come out but they're engrish as gently caress so if you dont already know this arc it might be hard to follow.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I forgot how loving hilarious Speck was

Arstavial
Aug 16, 2005
I'm so glad the anime went with this arc, the Musashi stuff was just terrible. I really liked the part where Baki is loving around with the young punks in episode 2 I think.

I used to do the translation for Spinyback during the early part of the Musashi arc, and translating old Japanese euphemisms and poo poo was a giant pain. And Baki in general uses over the top language that sounds ludicrous in general. But the convict arc isn't so tough you shouldn't be able to push out some non poo poo engrish subtitles relatively quickly.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

K. Flaps posted:

Also the missing volumes of the first Baki are getting translated on 4chan now. https://boards.fireden.net/_/search/subject/Grappler%20Baki%20translations/

The tournament had a bunch of really funny characters like the badass New York bouncer guy who fights in a tuxedo and the american super jumper guy who Yujiro is horny for.

Also Jack eating steroids like m&ms.

This is the most honest anime ever. YEAH HE JUST EATS STEROIDS TO BE THAT HUGE.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
A second group started subbing and theirs seem much better.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The guy pissing himself when Speck does the gun trick is realistic because I'd do that as well

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Macksy posted:

It's airing on tv in japan and then available on netflix when it's done. There are fansubs as new episodes come out but they're engrish as gently caress so if you dont already know this arc it might be hard to follow.

Thanks for the info I'll probably just wait then, I've stopped using fansubs to be honest.

Looking forward to watching this in all its gory glory

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I'm shilling Baki to a few friends who really like Kengan Ashura but bounced off Baki's art and I hope it being in motion will do it for them and get em hooked! Did the anime get to the Hanayama vs Speck fight yet?

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

frajaq posted:

I forgot how loving hilarious Speck was

Speck is best death row inmate and he pairs really well with hanayama

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/honey_burst/status/1020172589212188672

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
The latest episode was great. Im glad theyre pumping up the animation for the fights and didnt use 3d for any of it.

Macksy fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jul 25, 2018

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

good lord I forgot how brutal most of these fights were, even minor ones

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

this is funny without understanding the caption, and amazing if you do. like god drat that is an inspired pun

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

i'm reading through baki thanks to Jose's rec

i'm extremely sad that the first manga wasn't finished just as it got to the good stuff but now i'm on the third manga i think and holy poo poo the Pickle arc is one of the best things I've ever read

the issue where they all turn up to see pickle and orochi breaks out of the dinosaur and then yujiro faceplants his way into the enclosure was probably the funniest poo poo I've ever read in a manga

pickle rules and is terrifying

e: got really excited to see people talking about an anime, then immediately was devastated to see the words "3d"
its kingdom all over again

Communist Thoughts fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jul 30, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It's not 3D except for a minor fight briefly for some weird reason.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/HOOS_MEN/status/1027764471924547584

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Colleague got me to pick up the 2018 anime.

What the gently caress am I getting into here? :stonklol:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
How has this gotten a new anime that's been picked up in the West but no Official translation for the latest manga?

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Crain posted:

How has this gotten a new anime that's been picked up in the West but no Official translation for the latest manga?

It's over a hundred volumes long and doesn't have a thunderous amount of buzz. That might change if the show picks up steam on Netflix, but you don't see that kind of commitment from manga publishers without a bit of extra incentive.

unless those crazies who licensed kaiji put it out i dunno

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
My last post is dedicated to my unjustly imprisoned main man Plutonis. Stay strong brother.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Hentai Jihadist posted:

i'm reading through baki thanks to Jose's rec

i'm extremely sad that the first manga wasn't finished just as it got to the good stuff but now i'm on the third manga i think and holy poo poo the Pickle arc is one of the best things I've ever read

the issue where they all turn up to see pickle and orochi breaks out of the dinosaur and then yujiro faceplants his way into the enclosure was probably the funniest poo poo I've ever read in a manga

pickle rules and is terrifying

e: got really excited to see people talking about an anime, then immediately was devastated to see the words "3d"
its kingdom all over again

I have no memory at all of doing this but im glad you're enjoying it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
baki continues to own

please dont take this image as an indication of the animation quality it's much better than this watch baki

Macksy fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Aug 23, 2018