Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
Some of you, and I guess me now, have been posting in this thread for over 8 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
We have nothing else in our lives

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

jit bull transpile posted:

It's football season, so at least I have something to do besides finding ways to avoid work.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I guess watching reruns of SVU and 2 and a half men 12 hours a day is a better way to waste your time like old people do. Don’t see anybody complain about that and that’s objectively a much worse use of time.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i've only been posting in this thread for 7 years tho so i dont feel so bad

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

It's football season, so at least I have something to do besides finding ways to avoid work.

I watch baseball

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

so grrm's going to be doing some writing?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Remember when those two dudes did a read-along with the books and posted a chapter a week or so just brutalizing how loving dumb and bad these books were thinking that GRRM would at least be done A Dance With Dragons before they finished the whole series up to that point?

And it still took GRRM like two more years to finish Dance after that. Good times.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

In the game of thrones, we are all the thrones when you think about it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
In the end, we were the kings who had clashed.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

I watch baseball

Please get out of our thread about a 13 year old marital rape victim taking an eternal dump, you weirdo.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

nine-gear crow posted:

In the end, we were the kings who had clashed.

Maybe, in the end, the real Game of Thrones was the friends we traumatized along the way.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

All I have is this and my harem of waifus

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

at least til mama ru brings back her girls

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!
Eight years? I've been posting in this thread and its predecessors for more than ten :smithicide:

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kylaer posted:

Eight years? I've been posting in this thread and its predecessors for more than ten :smithicide:

I am glad you are here with me. Here at the end of all things, Sam.

A_Bug_That_Thinks posted:

You have a sickness
What was your name before this one? I forgot. You were in old/original bad threads though.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Pretty soon there will be people posting in these threads that weren't alive when the first book came out.

I was going to say if there aren't already but there is no way 22 year olds post on Something Awful.

Wolf Pussy
Jul 7, 2016

by R. Dieovich

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Pretty soon there will be people posting in these threads that weren't alive when the first book came out.

I was going to say if there aren't already but there is no way 22 year olds post on Something Awful.

It would explain TV IV posters.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Yeah I first read the books in like, march 2008, guess it's been 10 years for me also.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Kylaer posted:

I think I've been here for a decade too. And seeing your username again makes me miss ASOIAF40K

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

I knew GRRM posted in The Bad Thread.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Cavelcade posted:

That would be a bigger surprise reveal than any secret Targ ever could.

Bigger because of how fat GRRM is, I mean.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

If GRRM can own himself as hard as AGH does then I might have a newfound respect for him

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Cavelcade posted:

That is impossible! The man has people to censor criticism before he even can read it. I thought I would post something funny here now, but it's all pretty sad, because it is true.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Some of you, and I guess me now, have been posting in this thread for over 8 years

aka the amount of times needed for 0 books to come out

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

aka the amount of times needed for 0 books to come out

Actually a bunch of Wild Cards books have come out.

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

Go lick a dog's ass til it bleeds.
Does this thread accurately represent how the fandom is turning against GRRM or do the dorks at westeros.org still worship him?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Marijuana posted:

Does this thread accurately represent how the fandom is turning against GRRM or do the dorks at westeros.org still worship him?

We've been ahead of the curve for a decade, at least. I don't really keep up with the "fandom" of this series outside of this thread and Watchers On The Wall, which is dedicated to keeping up with the show and doesn't give a rippled poo poo about the books anyway. I know the press has gotten more on point about calling GRRM out for loafing about and not writing poo poo while the TV show caught up to, passed, and then rendered him completely irrelevant, but that's about it.

If there's still GRRM true believers out there after all this time, then good on them I guess. I don't think many people here care though, right?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I love it when articles come out w/ old information and act like it's some new revelation. My phone recommended me something like 'GRRM finally reveals why he kills all our favourites!' and it was just the story he's told a million times about how Gandalf's death made him realize main characters can die and that's why he does it or something.

I'm like bitch we been knew. I bet next time it'll be a shocking revelation that he still uses WordStar or w/e

e: ^^ yeah idk, 'GRRM doesn't write' is such a common joke even in the most unrelated of shows at this point that I have to imagine nobody actually has faith in him to finish the series, even his most diehards

I mean I love that fat gently caress but I'm not stupid enough to believe he's actually writing

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

nine-gear crow posted:

We've been ahead of the curve for a decade, at least. I don't really keep up with the "fandom" of this series outside of this thread and Watchers On The Wall, which is dedicated to keeping up with the show and doesn't give a rippled poo poo about the books anyway. I know the press has gotten more on point about calling GRRM out for loafing about and not writing poo poo while the TV show caught up to, passed, and then rendered him completely irrelevant, but that's about it.

If there's still GRRM true believers out there after all this time, then good on them I guess. I don't think many people here care though, right?

That guy who's named after the black fish still seems really into him tbh.

Cavelcade fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Aug 13, 2018

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

Go lick a dog's ass til it bleeds.
lol I forgot that there was once a podcast where a bunch of nerds analyzed all the military action in the books

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
look if winterfell and king's landing are more than 2.5 walltofells apart, the timing of the battle of bells means that Rhaegar and Lyanna must be Dany's true parents

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

lemon trees cant melt bravosi steel

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I don't think there's a bigger self own in pop literature right now than being someone who cares about these bad books enough that you haven't just given up and ported your caring over to the bad tv show.

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

kcroy posted:

I am glad you are here with me. Here at the end of all things, Sam.

What was your name before this one? I forgot. You were in old/original bad threads though.

I've been mislabeled a Bummy alt, but I've always been 100% abtt

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

Bummy used to have a Pokemon avatar, and one day my old friend in highschool was on a Pokemon forum and followed a link in someone's sig that led to my grrmfic

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

some guy on the bus posted:

Better question: Did you finish writing your story yet? I have to know how it ends.

Lol, so you have the hordor version?

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bummy used to have a Pokemon avatar, and one day my old friend in highschool was on a Pokemon forum and followed a link in someone's sig that led to my grrmfic

oh, I thought it was because Bummy got banned, and like a week later you were posting in the thread, and sounded a lot like him. I didn't know anyone else thought that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

nine-gear crow posted:

Remember when those two dudes did a read-along with the books and posted a chapter a week or so just brutalizing how loving dumb and bad these books were thinking that GRRM would at least be done A Dance With Dragons before they finished the whole series up to that point?
No, but this sounds magical. Got a link?