Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Cloks posted:

Does anyone have an extra Dobby CMF? I'd like to buy or trade for one.

I do. Happen to have a dupe Credence? It's the only one I'm missing and I don't particularly feel like feeling through another box trying to find him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Pyroclastic posted:

I do. Happen to have a dupe Credence? It's the only one I'm missing and I don't particularly feel like feeling through another box trying to find him.

No, sorry. I only have a dupe Cho Chang.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
"Wouldn't hold out much hope for the tape deck, though."

"Or the Credence."

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Why is every.single.private seller on Amazon completely unreasonable? Every out of production set is three times what you'd pay on Ebay or Bricklink. I get that they are basically just predators that are waiting for dopes that don't do their research, but why is it site-wide?

Amazon is literally worthless for anything remotely collectable that's out of production and it's so weird that there aren't any normal sellers that slip in there. Ebay has a ton of idiots asking a mint for every set too, but they only account for about half of sellers. I don't get why every seller on Amazon is basically Ebay at it's worst.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I was just having this discussion with my wife (we were picking up the Big Bang Theory set as a gift for her coworker). I think it’s because the inventory of used stuff on amazon just isn’t what it is on other places, and people are too lazy to look elsewhere?

I sold a cd for $500 on there once so I’m not complaining.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You could honestly probably make a bunch of money just under cutting other sellers by like 25%. For example, the set I was looking at (Echo Base) goes for about $70-100 on ebay depending on new/used. The cheapest one on Amazon is $300. You could throw your own copy up for $225 and look like the best deal in the world for people who don't bother to do their research. You'd probably sell it in a week lol.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

veni veni veni posted:

You could honestly probably make a bunch of money just under cutting other sellers by like 25%. For example, the set I was looking at (Echo Base) goes for about $70-100 on ebay depending on new/used. The cheapest one on Amazon is $300. You could throw your own copy up for $225 and look like the best deal in the world for people who don't bother to do their research. You'd probably sell it in a week lol.

Some of those sellers are probably doing something similar.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

deoju posted:

"Wouldn't hold out much hope for the tape deck, though."

"Or the Credence."

Lego sets of The Big Lebowski:

The dude's house, with unsoiled/soiled rug, his bathroom with a cracked tile because a golf, I mean bowling ball fell on it, and his bedroom to increase the chances of conception.

Maude's house with Knox Harrington, the - ugh - techno albums, and of course her painting contraption.

Bowling alley, goes with saying.

The Big Lebowski's mansion with his study, his various commendations and the picture of the president. Also the pool with Bunny, and a fountain with a crashed sportscar.

TAKE MY MONEY LEGO

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
You just give me a Walter figure and I'll call it a day.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

uXs posted:

TAKE MY MONEY LEGO

The dudemobile with trash cans for a play feature.

It was https://www.citizenbrick.com that made that dude figure. It was a three pack that came with Walter and The Jesus, but they have disappeared from the site. Must have been discontinued. They have other cool adult-themed figures though, and the quality is top-notch.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I built the Sea Cow.

Man...what a bitch.

1 - bad colors in the manual
2 - dark red/reddish brown in same element in the same bag #s

But the most annoying:

3 - stupid order for assembly a lot of the time where things would get added on later as if the person who wrote the instructions forgot to add them earlier. Very annoying.

But it looks pretty cool now that it is done.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
I hadn't really seen bad instructions in awhile, but the ninjago city docks set has a step that's impossible in the order they present it, where you attach the sideways window to the front of the sand green tea shop. It's easy to work around, but you have to move a piece before you can do it the way they tell you to.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ChesterJT posted:

You just give me a Walter figure and I'll call it a day.

Jek Porkins head, Brown buzzcut, Safari guy body maybe? Then add a pistol, bowling ball and tiny dog.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Waltzing Along posted:

3 - stupid order for assembly a lot of the time where things would get added on later as if the person who wrote the instructions forgot to add them earlier. Very annoying.

But it looks pretty cool now that it is done.

Having just rebuilt the original Slave 1: the instructions stop at like 18, leaving the bottom of the ship half finished, then on step 40 you go back and put the remaining dozen or so pieces. It doesn't make a lick of sense.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
What is the best way of disassembling minifig leg assemblies?
I.e. taking the leg pieces off the hip piece?

I have received all my monofig stuff now and there is some (dis)assembly required for a few colors. The first leg assembly i disassembled and reassembled into a monochrome is REALLY loose now. The minifig can't stand upright any more because there is zero friction/clutchforce between the legs and the hip piece.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ineptitude posted:

I have received all my monofig stuff now and there is some (dis)assembly required for a few colors. The first leg assembly i disassembled and reassembled into a monochrome is REALLY loose now. The minifig can't stand upright any more because there is zero friction/clutchforce between the legs and the hip piece.

Tiniest speck of earthquake/museum putty on the connection peg maybe? No permanent damage if you ever want to remove it.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Ineptitude posted:

I usually just grab one leg and pull straight out while wiggling it back and forth. Never had one give me too much trouble.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
I made a variant of my Datsun 240z that can be 100% entirely ordered through LEGO's official Bricks And Pieces, at least in the USA, for a subtotal of USD $26.12. No Bricklink needed.

I did this because there was interest before in the model, but it used a lot of parts that were difficult or expensive to obtain. This is a street car version, while the original model was a race/track version, so it has a different fascia, exhaust, mirrors, wheels, etc.

So, if anybody wants to go for it, let me know and I'll try and whip up a parts list and instructions. It'll take a few hours, so I don't wanna go through the effort if there's no interest, but I'm happy to do so. Just let me know!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Spotted in a meeting room at work. Wonder what its story is.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

So I had to go to Jamie Berard to see if the mirrors were legal.
It looks like you're in the clear:

But what is the difference between that and this?

Is it just that the 1 x 1 clip in the second image is an older style? It doesn't exactly match the one on the Datsun.
I just don't want Carbohydrates to get sent to LEGO jail :ohdear:

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Nth Doctor posted:

Is it just that the 1 x 1 clip in the second image is an older style? It doesn't exactly match the one on the Datsun.
I just don't want Carbohydrates to get sent to LEGO jail :ohdear:
The issue is when you use a plate instead of a tile. Tiles have that groove around the bottom edge, which provides just enough clearance that holding the piece with a clip won't stress the clip. A plate, being just ever so slightly thicker at its edges/corners as a result, WILL stress the clip.

Examples of this connection in official sets:
1. these computer screens in the Helicarrier set
2. the grill tile on the '66 Batmobile
3. Any time a minifig holds a tile accessory in their hand, for instance the tarot cards of the CMF Fortune Teller

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Aug 15, 2018

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Carbohydrates posted:

The issue is when you use a plate instead of a tile. Tiles have that groove around the bottom edge, which provides just enough clearance that holding the piece with a clip won't stress the clip. A plate, being just ever so slightly thicker at its edges/corners as a result, WILL stress the clip.

Examples of this connection in official sets:
1. these computer screens in the Helicarrier set
2. the grill tile on the '66 Batmobile
3. Any time a minifig holds a tile accessory in their hand, for instance the tarot cards of the CMF Fortune Teller

Ah, cool. I thought the first image was just a 2 x 2 tile, since the rendered bottom of the piece looked just like a 2 x 2 tile, not a plate.

E: here's what I mean:

Nth Doctor fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Aug 15, 2018

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Review for microscale Hogwarts is up on The Brothers Brick

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Carbohydrates posted:

I made a variant of my Datsun 240z that can be 100% entirely ordered through LEGO's official Bricks And Pieces, at least in the USA, for a subtotal of USD $26.12. No Bricklink needed.

I did this because there was interest before in the model, but it used a lot of parts that were difficult or expensive to obtain. This is a street car version, while the original model was a race/track version, so it has a different fascia, exhaust, mirrors, wheels, etc.

So, if anybody wants to go for it, let me know and I'll try and whip up a parts list and instructions. It'll take a few hours, so I don't wanna go through the effort if there's no interest, but I'm happy to do so. Just let me know!

Your cars are amazing. Do you take requests? Because I was inspired to try my hand at a beloved vehicle of my own but there's some angels I just can't get right but may be a fun challenge for you.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Lizard Combatant posted:

Your cars are amazing. Do you take requests? Because I was inspired to try my hand at a beloved vehicle of my own but there's some angels I just can't get right but may be a fun challenge for you.
Sure, but no promises it'll go anywhere. I have scrapped a good number of car builds because I couldn't nail a certain feature.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Carbohydrates posted:

I would love it, and would happily post pix of the finished product. My stepfather had a dark blue 240Z when I was growing up, and the first car I bought was a brown 280Z.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Carbohydrates posted:

Sure, but no promises it'll go anywhere. I have scrapped a good number of car builds because I couldn't nail a certain feature.

Well I've seen 20 lego renditions and no one gets it right, I wonder if it's even possible at 6 wide? (I'd be more than happy to see it in 7 or 8 wide, but I get that's not really your thing)

Are you a bad enough dude to be the one to beat it?

It's Mad Max's 1973 Ford Falcon XB coupe, The Interceptor.

That front body kit alone has given me so much grief trying to solve.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

kensei posted:

I would love it, and would happily post pix of the finished product. My stepfather had a dark blue 240Z when I was growing up, and the first car I bought was a brown 280Z.
Cool, I'll start working on instructions, then. In the meantime, here's the parts list.

1. In Bricklink, hover over the "Want" menu in the top right corner and select "Upload"
2. Click "Upload Bricklink XML Format"
3. Click the "Add to:" drop menu and click "Create New Wanted List"
4. Name that poo poo
5. In the box below that says "Copy and past here," insert the following:
code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <INVENTORY> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>2420</ITEMID> <COLOR>5</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>2</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>2431</ITEMID> <COLOR>5</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>5</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>2431</ITEMID> <COLOR>11</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>2</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>30029</ITEMID> <COLOR>11</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>1</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>3020</ITEMID> <COLOR>11</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>1</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>3022</ITEMID> <COLOR>11</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>1</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>3023</ITEMID> <COLOR>11</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>8</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>3023</ITEMID> <COLOR>85</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>3</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>3023</ITEMID> <COLOR>13</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>2</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>3022</ITEMID> <COLOR>85</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>1</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>3022</ITEMID> <COLOR>86</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>1</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>3024</ITEMID> <COLOR>11</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>2</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>3024</ITEMID> <COLOR>13</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>4</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>3023</ITEMID> <COLOR>34</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>4</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>3460</ITEMID> <COLOR>5</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>2</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>3710</ITEMID> <COLOR>5</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>5</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>3710</ITEMID> <COLOR>86</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>1</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>3710</ITEMID> <COLOR>11</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>6</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>4073</ITEMID> <COLOR>95</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>4</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>4073</ITEMID> <COLOR>164</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>2</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>3749</ITEMID> <COLOR>2</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>4</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>3829c01</ITEMID> <COLOR>11</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>1</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>30357</ITEMID> <COLOR>5</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>2</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>3937</ITEMID> <COLOR>11</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>1</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>3666</ITEMID> <COLOR>34</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>2</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>3623</ITEMID> <COLOR>5</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>2</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>3024</ITEMID> <COLOR>5</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>7</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>3065</ITEMID> <COLOR>17</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>2</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>4070</ITEMID> <COLOR>6</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>6</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>3710</ITEMID> <COLOR>34</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>1</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>87079</ITEMID> <COLOR>11</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>2</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>87079</ITEMID> <COLOR>5</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>2</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>61678</ITEMID> <COLOR>5</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>4</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>4162</ITEMID> <COLOR>5</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>2</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>54200</ITEMID> <COLOR>11</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>2</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>54200</ITEMID> <COLOR>5</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>2</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>11477</ITEMID> <COLOR>5</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>7</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>11458</ITEMID> <COLOR>5</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>2</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>4274</ITEMID> <COLOR>86</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>2</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>2412b</ITEMID> <COLOR>11</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>2</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>2412b</ITEMID> <COLOR>5</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>1</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>10247</ITEMID> <COLOR>85</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>4</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>98138</ITEMID> <COLOR>12</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>2</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>98138</ITEMID> <COLOR>95</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>2</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>85984</ITEMID> <COLOR>5</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>2</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>85984</ITEMID> <COLOR>85</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>1</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>99780</ITEMID> <COLOR>11</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>6</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>99780</ITEMID> <COLOR>85</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>2</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>99207</ITEMID> <COLOR>11</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>1</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>6134</ITEMID> <COLOR>11</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>1</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>15573</ITEMID> <COLOR>11</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>2</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>99206</ITEMID> <COLOR>11</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>1</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>92593</ITEMID> <COLOR>86</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>1</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>3069b</ITEMID> <COLOR>5</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>1</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>3070b</ITEMID> <COLOR>11</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>2</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>3070b</ITEMID> <COLOR>5</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>2</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>6231</ITEMID> <COLOR>11</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>2</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>4865b</ITEMID> <COLOR>11</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>2</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>99780</ITEMID> <COLOR>6</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>3</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>11211</ITEMID> <COLOR>2</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>3</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>4073</ITEMID> <COLOR>6</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>4</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>3069b</ITEMID> <COLOR>34</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>1</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>35789</ITEMID> <COLOR>5</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>4</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>24201</ITEMID> <COLOR>5</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>4</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>15068</ITEMID> <COLOR>5</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>7</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>18972</ITEMID> <COLOR>13</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>1</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>24309</ITEMID> <COLOR>11</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>1</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>24309</ITEMID> <COLOR>5</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>1</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>25269</ITEMID> <COLOR>5</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>2</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>25269</ITEMID> <COLOR>11</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>4</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>35480</ITEMID> <COLOR>11</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>2</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>18977</ITEMID> <COLOR>11</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>4</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>18976</ITEMID> <COLOR>95</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>4</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>18980</ITEMID> <COLOR>86</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>1</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>15712</ITEMID> <COLOR>5</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>2</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>85984pb100</ITEMID> <COLOR>85</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>1</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>29120</ITEMID> <COLOR>5</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>1</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>29119</ITEMID> <COLOR>5</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>1</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>32828</ITEMID> <COLOR>86</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>1</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>26604</ITEMID> <COLOR>11</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>2</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>15068</ITEMID> <COLOR>11</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>1</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> <ITEM> <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE> <ITEMID>33909</ITEMID> <COLOR>11</COLOR> <MAXPRICE>-1.0000</MAXPRICE> <MINQTY>1</MINQTY> <CONDITION>X</CONDITION> <NOTIFY>N</NOTIFY> </ITEM> </INVENTORY> 
Now there is no way in the world that I am aware of to quickly work through a wanted list of any sort on Bricks And Pieces, so you'll have to go through and do these by hand by searching for each individual element number. It's tedious and lovely and I'm sorry in advance. Even if you know what you're doing and work at a brisk pace, it takes like half an hour. Remember that Bricks And Pieces/LEGO use different design IDs for elements if they're transparent or metallic colors. Bricklink will display all alternative design IDs to help find these. For instance, a 1 x 1 plate in a solid color will be element 3024, same as Bricklink, but a transparent color will be element 30008, which is the first "alternate item no." listed on the Bricklink page for that part. Also, don't take a break - the B&P page tends to time out after a few minutes of inactivity. Hooray!

Here are some helpful hints and tips for searching for these parts:
1) Almost all of them use the exact same element numbers that Bricklink uses
2) If the Bricklink number has a letter suffix, like 4865b, ignore the letter and just search for 4865.
3) 1 x 1 round plates are 6141, not 4073.
4) The trans-black 1 x 1 plates will be 30008, not 3024.
5) The trans-black 1 x 2 plates will be 6225, not 3023.
6) The steering wheel assembly is 73081.
7) The 1 x 2 slope with the gauges printed on it is 6134910.

Sorry again for how tedious this is! I didn't design that poo poo!

edit: the parts that are green or lime or tan are pieces that it doesn't matter what color they are in the final build since they'll be hidden. The colors I selected (lime, green, tan, and occasionally black) are always a color that is the cheapest possible for those hidden pieces.

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Aug 15, 2018

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
This is really cool:

https://twitter.com/Jalaguy/status/1029682528268025856

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
What's crazy about that is that apparently you can take the bricks with you when you're done, but most people don't

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

So an official (semi-official, I think it's licensed from the main retailer) LEGO store opened up on my country, I finally had the chance to drop by last weekend

The Women of NASA set is adorable, and I just started on the Saturn V today. What a good way to spend my hard earned call centre money

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Serperoth posted:

So an official (semi-official, I think it's licensed from the main retailer) LEGO store opened up on my country, I finally had the chance to drop by last weekend

The Women of NASA set is adorable, and I just started on the Saturn V today. What a good way to spend my hard earned call centre money

The Saturn V is such a fun build. You're in for a real treat.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Nth Doctor posted:

The Saturn V is such a fun build. You're in for a real treat.

It's a lot of effort already to keep from cracking the second bag

Next month's salary is probably going to go to BB-8, since the Voltron will probably be around next month as well.
Although I asked and they're gonna have BB-8 until the end of the year at least so that's good

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think Saturn V is my favorite build simply because the inside is so interesting and it really does feel like you're building a rocket with bits inside it.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Cojawfee posted:

I think Saturn V is my favorite build simply because the inside is so interesting and it really does feel like you're building a rocket with bits inside it.

I really like that the Hogwarts microscale team was working on their model at the same time and they took some techniques learned from Apollo V to build the main tower, according to the designer video.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

a sexual elk posted:

Tiniest speck of earthquake/museum putty on the connection peg maybe? No permanent damage if you ever want to remove it.

Well i kinda want to avoid the stress damage to the pieces in the first place :)

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

kensei posted:

All righty, all done. 240z instructions, with part callouts and ID numbers (using LEGO/Brickset/B&P lexicon, not Bricklink)!

https://imgur.com/a/6VMUIMf

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Aug 16, 2018

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Whoa holy poo poo, when is Lego hiring you?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Checked bricklink and my order dropped to around 145 bucks for the 1500 parts so I pulled the trigger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Carbohydrates posted:

All righty, all done. 240z instructions, with part callouts and ID numbers (using LEGO/Brickset/B&P lexicon, not Bricklink)!

https://imgur.com/a/6VMUIMf

Does LEGO make burnt orange brinks in all those shapes?