Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Hate-Senpai posted:

Yeah, that spread of Class B was so great. I love Momona or whatever his name is.

The best part of that was Monoma doing an WRYYY pose while Setsuna looks at him weirded the gently caress out. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Even Aizawa is tired of hearing Monoma's spiels :allears:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

loving class B poo poo yes motherfuckers :thurman:

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Lt. Lizard posted:

Bakugo biting Dekus speech bubble when he compliments him.... :allears:

bakugo's new quirk

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Mei please invent an invisible outfit for Toru I am very worried about her getting through the winter.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Monoma is hilarious because he's really trying to spark a rivalry and class A is always like "Hiya! Nice to see you guys!" when Class B is around.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I am glad that the school recognized Romeo, Juliet, and the Prisoner of Azkaban: Return of the King for the masterpiece it is.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Viridiant posted:

Mei please invent an invisible outfit for Toru I am very worried about her getting through the winter.

The boots are new, I think, she'll be fine.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i fuckin knew that shinsou's hero outfit would inevitably include some kind of mask/voice modulator

his quirk triggers when you respond to his voice, there's no stipulation on what his voice sounds like

if he got good enough at adjusting his pitch on the fly then he could mimic too many people for even a large group of opponents to know which of the voices they're hearing is the "lol now you are under my power" one

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I love everyone's winter outfits.
I love class B's costumes.
I'm happy to see Shinsou again.

Great chapter all around.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
winter Bakugou looks boss as hell

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Oxxidation posted:

i fuckin knew that shinsou's hero outfit would inevitably include some kind of mask/voice modulator

his quirk triggers when you respond to his voice, there's no stipulation on what his voice sounds like

if he got good enough at adjusting his pitch on the fly then he could mimic too many people for even a large group of opponents to know which of the voices they're hearing is the "lol now you are under my power" one

Powers like Shinso’s spark my curiosity hard. There’s gotta be a class/department that researches into the limits of hero quirks, right? We’ve already had a few examples of people misidentifying just what their quirk really does so it would only make sense.

What counts as a “response” for Shinso’s quirk? Does making a non-word reaction like “gah!” after being blasted with a PresentMic level voice blast count? How much time is allowed between his words and yours? Does it count if it’s non-voluntary? Does addressing another person in response to him not trigger the quirk? Etc etc etc.

I assume the support department does it to some degree, but probably only in regards to designing specific support pieces like Ida’s radiators. I doubt they’re down deep research into Momo’s fabrication quirk.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Shinso also seems to be wearing capture gear like Aizawa's.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Yeah that's totally a voice modulator + magic aizawa scarf

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Kendo going to go hit Monoma as usual only to slightly freak out when Aizawa grabs him :allears:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It's a small detail, but I love that half the class got winter costumes.

Of course Kirishima is still running around shirtless. I wonder how much hardened skin protects from the cold?

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Getting cold only makes him harder.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i want to know more about the mushroom girl

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rhonne posted:

It's a small detail, but I love that half the class got winter costumes.

Of course Kirishima is still running around shirtless. I wonder how much hardened skin protects from the cold?

I mean with Kirishima his body is his quirk so it's not surprisingly that he'd expose as much as possible.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Shinsou's hero outfit is literally just Aizawa's scarf and Deku's chinguard :allears:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

sirtommygunn posted:

Shinsou's hero outfit is literally just Aizawa's scarf and Deku's chinguard :allears:

It looks like it also has some sort of ear guard or something attached to the chinguard, so I'm really interested in seeing how he quirk works with what he's got now.

Also,

mabels big day posted:

i want to know more about the mushroom girl

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Hate-Senpai posted:

I mean with Kirishima his body is his quirk so it's not surprisingly that he'd expose as much as possible.

What's the point of a costume if it's less durable than your own Quirk?

Tetsutetsu, meanwhile, is covering his chest but exposing his arms. Opposites to the end.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Uraraka still having beef with Hatsume made me laugh

Also I’d love to see a full color spread of the winter outfits, kinda crazy we’re almost at year 2

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Monoma is going to eat it hard against Shinso.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Carlosologist posted:

Uraraka still having beef with Hatsume made me laugh

Also I’d love to see a full color spread of the winter outfits, kinda crazy we’re almost at year 2

we're 2/3 into the school's first year, this is the end of second term

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Monoma is going to eat it hard against Shinso.

We might finally see him try to copy Deku's quirk only for it to backfire horribly.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Now imagine Monoma with Shinso's quirk.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Rhonne posted:

We might finally see him try to copy Deku's quirk only for it to backfire horribly.

That's how Shinso is going to get into the hero course.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
What is Manga's power? His head was an actual page this time and not just a speech bubble. Is that his war face? If I look into the page do I see the comic itself? Is he the avatar of the 4th wall?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ChaseSP posted:

Now imagine Monoma with Shinso's quirk.

imagine All for One with it

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Monoma is going to get kicked down to General Studies and spend the rest of the series talking about how much better they are than those jerks in the Hero Course.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

I like this juxtaposed with your avatar.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mirage posted:

Tetsutetsu, meanwhile, is covering his chest but exposing his arms. Opposites to the end.

Brand identity.

Utility.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Rhonne posted:

Either he is going to explode/hurt himself or nothing will happen and Midoriya gonna have some awkward explaining to do. More likely is that Monoma will go out of his way not to copy him because he is smart enough and scared enough of damaging himself after seeing what happened to Midoriya at the sports festival.

As for Shinso I think he is there for this training to expose the traitor. Why else would he have been skulking around in the halls with Aizawa all those times.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mirage posted:

Decency.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

SpacePig posted:

I like this juxtaposed with your avatar.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

hm yes good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rouncer posted:

Either he is going to explode/hurt himself or nothing will happen and Midoriya gonna have some awkward explaining to do. More likely is that Monoma will go out of his way not to copy him because he is smart enough and scared enough of damaging himself after seeing what happened to Midoriya at the sports festival.

As for Shinso I think he is there for this training to expose the traitor. Why else would he have been skulking around in the halls with Aizawa all those times.

because aizawa is a natural skulker and definitely seems the type to take someone like shinso under his wing

but yeah if they're going to revisit the traitor subplot the end of the second term is as good a time as any