Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

MHA You better show me what that mushroom girl can do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Can someone get Hagakure some clothing?

She's going around buck-naked and winter's on the way

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Vinylshadow posted:

Can someone get Hagakure some clothing?

She's going around buck-naked and winter's on the way

She needs tear away everything.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Given what happened when they fought at the Sports Festival and the general weirdness that's been happening with Deku's quirk lately, I wonder if anything crazy will happen if Shinso tried to mind control him again?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Hihohe posted:

She needs tear away everything.

I spent way too long on that and I'm sorry

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Brought To You By posted:

What is Manga's power? His head was an actual page this time and not just a speech bubble. Is that his war face? If I look into the page do I see the comic itself? Is he the avatar of the 4th wall?

I'm guessing 4th-wall powers are too immersion-breaking, so maybe he'll have toon-physics powers. Can't be permanently hurt (just crumbles to ash and reassembles himself off camera), can bend and stretch at will, can pull comical objects like throwing-pies out from behind his back, etc.

...although that's western toon physics. Manga toon physics might involve making someone slip on the puddle created from your giant sweat-drop or something?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Monoma confirmed for the final boss with an all-powerful pose like that

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Shinso looking like a cross between Deku and Aizawa is just great

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Viridiant posted:

Mei please invent an invisible outfit for Toru I am very worried about her getting through the winter.

Please just turn Mei into a fusion of Edna Mode and Gear.

Crain posted:

Powers like Shinso’s spark my curiosity hard. There’s gotta be a class/department that researches into the limits of hero quirks, right? We’ve already had a few examples of people misidentifying just what their quirk really does so it would only make sense.

What counts as a “response” for Shinso’s quirk? Does making a non-word reaction like “gah!” after being blasted with a PresentMic level voice blast count? How much time is allowed between his words and yours? Does it count if it’s non-voluntary? Does addressing another person in response to him not trigger the quirk? Etc etc etc.

I assume the support department does it to some degree, but probably only in regards to designing specific support pieces like Ida’s radiators. I doubt they’re down deep research into Momo’s fabrication quirk.

I kind wish he'd gone the opposite way and made this extremely garish clown outfit and tons of annoying gadgets to use to get a rise out of people.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Holy gently caress I am so psyched for the next few chapters. :allears:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Please just turn Mei into a fusion of Edna Mode and Gear.

I kind wish he'd gone the opposite way and made this extremely garish clown outfit and tons of annoying gadgets to use to get a rise out of people.

I think it’s more about his character than to make use of his power.

His two role models right now are Aizawa and Deku because one’s sorta mentoring him and the other is so far the only person ever to resist his power and completely shattered his worldview along with at least one finger in a fight and you just have to respect that

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

that's if Ms. Joke was mentoring him, and if that had been the case then Aizawa would have been forced to destroy him out of principle

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Holy poo poo this has me excited!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

symbolic posted:

Holy gently caress I am so psyched for the next few chapters. :allears:

:same:

Monoma just keeps getting more unhinged every time we see him and I love it.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Can we just skip to this episode in the anime please

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Vinylshadow posted:

That would mean no Gentle Criminal though and I am dying to see his fight with Deku animated.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I just noticed Bakugao basically stole Seiji the meat guy's collar aesthetic right down to the rivets. Maybe he made more of an impression than Bakugao would like to admit.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Radish posted:

I just noticed Bakugao basically stole Seiji the meat guy's collar aesthetic right down to the rivets. Maybe he made more of an impression than Bakugao would like to admit.

in the second year we'll see him with a hairstyle closely resembling Best Jeanist that sticks this time

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Vinylshadow posted:

This arc would probably fall into MHA's sixth season, right?

Overhaul - Remedial Course: 2019
Festival - Endeavor: 2020
Current arc: 2021

Oof.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

gmq posted:

This arc would probably fall into MHA's sixth season, right?

Overhaul - Remedial Course: 2019
Festival - Endeavor: 2020
Current arc: 2021

Oof.

the festival and endeavor arcs combined aren't even half of the overhaul arc's run time, you could easily squeeze those two plus whatever this is into a 24-episode season

overhaul's boring butt is definitely going to hog 2019 all to itself, though

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Anyone point out that one of the OFA predecessors was a large collar enthusiast like best jeanist

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Give OFA to a dog. Best boy.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Bobulus posted:

Manga toon physics might involve making someone slip on the puddle created from your giant sweat-drop or something?
Manga has taught me that no matter how he falls, it will always be face first into some girls panties. I'm not sure about the combat practicality of such a maneuver but it will certainly be a situational distraction or maybe he can use it to rescue people? Like falling into someone and then grabbing them to run away.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I think it's quite possible that in the adaptation, they change things around in the Overhaul arc (similar to how AoT is doing right now), adding and removing stuff here and there, and the season ends with Gentle (and more specifically, Eri finally being released from Overhaul's grasp to really finish off that arc). Provided they do a 25~ episode season 4, I mean.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

JahRoo posted:

Anyone point out that one of the OFA predecessors was a large collar enthusiast like best jeanist

Lots of good high collars in this chapter.

Terper posted:

I think it's quite possible that in the adaptation, they change things around in the Overhaul arc (similar to how AoT is doing right now), adding and removing stuff here and there, and the season ends with Gentle (and more specifically, Eri finally being released from Overhaul's grasp to really finish off that arc). Provided they do a 25~ episode season 4, I mean.

I could see them making a few of the fights go by quick/flow better.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

overhaul's boring butt is definitely going to hog 2019 all to itself, though

I don't know, half of that is fights and those get pretty compressed in the anime

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

gmq posted:

I don't know, half of that is fights and those get pretty compressed in the anime

Fight chapters tend to get adapted at between a 4 and 3:1 ratio, while non-fight chapters usually go 2:1. For reference: http://bokunoheroacademia.wikia.com/wiki/Story_Arcs

I'm thinking the Overhaul raid will take about 16 episodes, leaving 8 episodes for the School Festival and Gentle.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

Fight chapters tend to get adapted at between a 4 and 3:1 ratio, while non-fight chapters usually go 2:1. For reference: http://bokunoheroacademia.wikia.com/wiki/Story_Arcs

I'm thinking the Overhaul raid will take about 16 episodes, leaving 8 episodes for the School Festival and Gentle.

Where would the remedial course go though? It'd be weird to move that to after the festival because both Bakugo and Todoroki wouldn't have time to practice.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The remedial course is easily an episode by itself, you can sandwich it in before the beginning of the cultural festival

Like you figure there’s going to be a recap episode similar to the one this year started on, and you have to do the remedial episode. I think ultimately it’s going to be 14 episodes dedicated to Overhaul and 7 covering the cultural episode

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Man, I can't wait to see what Class B's quirks are. We've known their names for a while now, but now we'll(hopefully) get to see what they actually do! There's Twin Impact, Poltergeist, Lizard Tail Cut, Comic, Black, and HORN CANNON to name a few.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm hoping Lizard Tail Cuts power isn't the ability to grow back amputated limbs.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

The MHA Wiki posted:

His surname, Shōda (庄田), is homophonous with Shōda (掌打), meaning "palm strike"; while his given name, Nirengeki (二連撃), means "two hit combo". Thus, his full name translates to "palm strike, two hit combo". In the fifth volume, Horikoshi referred to this as his "greatest naming achievement to date."

i need to know

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Radish posted:

I'm hoping Lizard Tail Cuts power isn't the ability to grow back amputated limbs.

I've been figuring it's the ability to amputate her limbs at will and regrow them near-instantly, so in my imagination we're going to end up with an anime version of Spongebob making a chain of his own arms.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I hope Pony's Horn Cannon quirk is her being able to use her horns like some kind of rail gun.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Honenuki (skeleton boy) is a scholarship student, which ostensibly places him on par with Todoroki and Yaoyorozu. Want to see him in action.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Oxxidation posted:

Honenuki (skeleton boy) is a scholarship student, which ostensibly places him on par with Todoroki and Yaoyorozu. Want to see him in action.

I want to know who the fourth recommended student is.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

The guy who is completely black seems to have an armband with 000 on it. I wonder if he needs a counter as part of whatever his power is...

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

I want to know who the fourth recommended student is.

wasn't it inasa and he turned it down?

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Patware posted:

wasn't it inasa and he turned it down?

Nah, there were 36 accepted from testing. Then there are 20 in each class meaning there are 2 from recommendations in each. Inasa accepting would have either knocked out someone from recommendations or reduced the number accepted from testing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Radish posted:

Good news it almost definitely is